Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    It's my firm belief that TriAce is steadily becoming collectively more insane. If you track their games from their inception there's been a slow decline into predictable/unnecessary/bizarre storylines. I imagine Star Ocean 4 will involve you fighting against mutated bunnies for ninety hours on an undeveloped planet which later turns out to be the main character's mum.
    triAce has never had games with extraordinarily strong stories. I think that it is unfortunate that the games are constantly trying to delve into deep, philosophical issues, but lose focus due to plot holes and bad character development. Star Ocean 3 had a relatively weak storyline and was a disappointing sequel to me, too —

Captain Maxx Power, I have watched your posts and you and I have a lot of little things in common. It's a little eerie...
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Every game in the Civilization series after Civ II.

Master of Orion III.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Super Mario Sunshine as a successor to Mario 64. What the hell was THAT?! I was almost offended at how bad it was.

And I have to just say that the most unexpectedly GOOD sequel for me was FFX-2, contrary to popular opinion. It looked so bad it was scary, and I always thought FFX was a generally forgettable game in the first place. I had no intention of playing it, but it was forced upon me and I'm pretty grateful for that. I think I even liked it better than FFX. The story was nothing amazing, and sometimes the dialogue made me cringe. But it was FUN.

To some extent, Wind Waker. For the longest time I was thinking, "This is going to get good." Then it ended. I was like, "WTF?" The boss fight didn't feel like a boss fight. The dungeons didn't feel like dungeons. I had no problem with the graphics, it just felt like the least fulfilling Zelda title I've played.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    Tetris 2 sucked pretty hard.
    However, lately I'm playing Breath of Fire III. It's not really what I'd call disappointing, but I definitely expected better. It has to be said that the English translation ignored the existence of full stops and other nice punctuation marks and worsened the game more than it deserved.
    I think I was slightly disappointed by Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria as a successor to Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. Since Valkyrie Profile 2 is a prequel and a sequel at the same time, in terms of storyline, it presents its ending in a confusing set of events by throwing in alternate dimensions and time travel.
    <3 aww I liked that whole bizarro thing!

I'd have to say Drakengard 2 (By no means do I hate it)... but in terms of living up to the psychotic events of Drakengard, it was just way to light hearted :3

I'd say Tenchu 3 was quite dissapointing.

Anything Dynasty Warriors.