Thread: Most embarassing defeats

Default Most embarassing defeats

For me, it easilly came from Super Paper Mario.

I lost my second confrontation with the Mysterious Mr. L and his Brobot.

Kingdom hearts....fight with Sephiroth as soon as I unlocked it. 'Nuff said.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I don't like complicated games. And once I find cheat codes or spoilers I have to keep using them.

So I waited for my brother to finish RE3 so I could do all of the cheat codes and ran through the game like a maniac (it's not scary when you have infinite chaingun ammo and a rocket launch kills Nemesis, but at least I can play it through).

Anyway I was going so fast I didn't bother to save. So what happened was I somehow was not able to find the hospital exit before the bomb expldoed.

Game over. You have to start over.

PG: eff that noise

And that's all I played out of RE3

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I was PvPing in Diablo II, back in the day. I was teleporting all around, and killed seven people who were partied against me. Then I teled on top of a Fallen, one strike and BAM, dead. -EXP, -gold. I couldn't stop laughing after that.

Happened again on my Barbarian a year later, but for a completely different set of circumstances.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When my little cousin wiped the floor with me in Mario Kart DS then continued to taunt the crap out of me until I gave him the closest thing to an atomic wedgie I could manage without breaking the elastic on his underwear (didn't want to make his mom mad)

I had actually just gotten the game that day (Christmas), and he'd had it since summer, but the taunting was still pretty bad. Not to mention he kept making fun of me for losing in Battle without ever mentioning to me that I had to be still in order to blow the balloons up

I'm going to add on an old Soul Caliber 2 defeat.

Playing Voldo, and I was massacring my friend. Just before I was about to finish him, I mistakingly did his leaping attack, went right over their head and out the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I'm going to add on an old Soul Caliber 2 defeat.

Playing Voldo, and I was massacring my friend. Just before I was about to finish him, I mistakingly did his leaping attack, went right over their head and out the ring.
    Oh yeah, that's happened to me several times. The "Ring Out" defeat has got to be the most embarrassing one.

I remember telling someone literally for years that I would thrash him at Tekken. We finally played. Im sure the rest is obvious.

Playing Voldo, and I was massacring my friend. Just before I was about to finish him, I mistakingly did his leaping attack, went right over their head and out the ring. :(
    I love that about Virtua Fighter and Soul Caliber. Dunno why.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    I remember telling someone literally for years that I would thrash him at Tekken. We finally played. Im sure the rest is obvious.

I love that about Virtua Fighter and Soul Caliber. Dunno why.
    I had the same thing... One time in Soulcalibur III, I was playing as Zasalamel. I performed his grapple where he impales the opponent on his scythe, then performs a forward flip over them. Too close to the edge of the arena, so the obvious happened: He stabs, and flips... right out of the ring. But this was during a two-player battle at a party, so it provided a few lulz for everyone.

A few days ago I was playing SCII as Heihachi. Great for ring-outs, that guy is. My foe is on the ground, right on the edge; I decide to go for a running attack to finish him off. Only, I got it wrong and performed a flying kick instead. Sailed right over the enemy and into the pool. I don't know why a legendary badass should lose a fight just by falling four feet into water, but them's the breaks.

[q=Bahamut2000X]Kingdom hearts....fight with Sephiroth as soon as I unlocked it. 'Nuff said.[/q]Me too... I expected to lose, so it wasn't that embarrassing, but it was still a pretty demoralising failure: fight starts, I hit Sephiroth for no damage. He counters with two blows, and it's game over. Total time: about four seconds

Oblivion. I wanted a challenge, so I turned up the difficulty to max and took off all my armour. I died in two hits by a wolf. Well, not only that but I got knocked off the edge of a cliff and landed in a river too.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I was playing Super Mario Bros. and I ran straight into the first :goomba: on the first level D:

I mean...I didn't even try to jump!

It was just

Right + B! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--OW!

Playing FFXII with a bunch of friends in the room who'd already beaten it. My characters were ridiculously overleveled, and I made it to that "boss" fight with the bunch of Mandragora's. Someone hollered to steal from all of them, because apparently they carry items that sell well, and "Don't worry, they're easy."

...My ass was handed to me before I was able to steal two items. I was seriously fighting to keep everyone alive for close to an hour before I was finally wiped out. And everyone just stared at the mandragora's dancing around my overleveled character's bodies.

And then there was the time in FFXI when I was powerleveling someone in Giddeus. I decided to show off by training every Yagudo in sight, which resulted in me fleeing for a zone when I realized I was going to die. And I did. They didn't want me for a powerleveler again.

Blog Entries

Ah, yes, Soul Calibur Ring Outs. I remember in SC1 for the Dreamcast, Kilik had this one move where he balanced on his pole, and it could either turn into an attack, or he falls backwards screaming what sounded like "OH NOOO!". This never actually happened to me, personally, but my brother and I always laughed at the possibility of someone accidentally doing that cancel near the edge of the ring. We tested it, and indeed, Kilik just falls off the ring, complimented by the "OH NOOOO!"

Good times.

One thing that happened in Soul Calibur between me older brother and my sister's BF, Kyle, is they were playing Soul Calibur, and both of them had quite low health. It was a stand-still, time-running out kind of situation. Kyle, by mistake, performed Yoshimitsu's suicidal attack. Imagine that, honestly. Just, out of nowhere, for seemingly no reason, Yoshi kills himself.

Now then, something for me... Well, the only recorded match of me playing SC3 in existence is one where I lost. Not only that, but when I look back at it, I was doing absolutely terribly. Here's the video. Seriously, look at how little I block! I was Kilik there. The second match was nice, but the rest is god awful.

Edit: Damn, I love the ending to Match 2 - Battle 3. No Suicide KO for you!

Embarassing but it made me laugh FOREVER.

Had Cyan, Edgar, Sabin, and Gau in my party.

For some reason I gave Gau the bomb rage. He casts fire, everything is good. Then the monster decides to confuse Cyan and Edgar.
    Then I realize I forgot to give Cyan a potion, Cyan attacks Sabin, then the monter attacks and kills Cyan
    Then Gau self-destructs himself.
    Then Edgar lol'd and chainsaw'd sabin.
    The other monster there is convientently a Grshpper. He beserks Sabin.
    Now everyone's out of my control.
    Edgar attacks Sabin like one more time and sabin dies.
    Then Edgar kills himself.

It was epic though.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I suffer from embarrassing defeats on a regular basis when I play Street Fighter Alpha 3 online against other people. My character is not the most powerful and can be defeated by some fairly rudimentary tactics if I am not focused enough —
    I believe in the power of humanity.