Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning

There have been rumors of a third installment of Disney's The Little Mermaid for awhile now, and I had heard both that it would be a prequel and that it would feature her mother. I also heard the project was put on permanent hiatus, but, while browsing Amazon I found this.

And now I am full of glee.

Discuss.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wonder if she'll be born, or hatch from an egg...

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

The movie sounds like painful labor XD

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    The movie sounds like painful labor XD

Nah, Watching the cinderella movies with my neices were painful labor. I welcome anything little mermaid with open and loving arms!

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wait, Eric's in this? Is that possible, I thought she had never seem him before the original little mermaid.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, they live near each other so it's reasonable that they cross paths without her seeing him.

Also, the Cinderella movies were good, dammit. The Little Mermaid II was horrid though.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design
    Ariel looks weird in that artwork! Yes, I'd like to see them explain in detail how Ariel came to exist O_o Maybe she hatches from a shell!

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoabella View Post
    Ariel looks weird in that artwork! Yes, I'd like to see them explain in detail how Ariel came to exist O_o Maybe she hatches from a shell!
    It says the movies based a year before the original little mermaid takes place, but in the little trailer it shows king triton when he's got his brown/red hair, so I'm assuming there's going to be flashbacks or something.

Or he just got really old really fast.

Blog Entries

I hope Flounder gets to sing for once
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

The direct to video/DVD sequels that Disney has made a lot of these last couple of years are really bad, and make the good original movies look bad as well imo. They should just stop making all these cash-ins already, and concentrate on the movies that actually make it to the cinemas (like e.g. "The Princess and the Frog", which I'm actually looking forward to seeing).

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    The direct to video/DVD sequels that Disney has made a lot of these last couple of years are really bad, and make the good original movies look bad as well imo. They should just stop making all these cash-ins already, and concentrate on the movies that actually make it to the cinemas (like e.g. "The Princess and the Frog", which I'm actually looking forward to seeing).
    I'm not looking forward to that.

I'm actually looking forward to Rapunzel. Disney 3D~

For some reason I think "The Princess and the Frog" will just bring issues. It's aimed at african americans and for the past two years there have been name changes on some of the characters and even title changes because they've offended people and ended up getting called racist.
    Plot really doesn't appeal to me either.

"A fairy tale centered on a young girl named Princess Tiana who lives in New Orleans' French Quarter during the Jazz Age."

Where'd my old fairy tales go, the one's I could read in a story book!
    Oh well, I get that with Rapunzel. =D

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

It doesn't look, sound, or feel like The Little Mermaid to me. =(

Disney lost its magic at some point after it released The Lion King.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall banana View Post
    It doesn't look, sound, or feel like The Little Mermaid to me. =(

Disney lost its magic at some point after it released The Lion King.
    Agree'd.

For some reason since then, Disney's been more focus'd on either live action movies or just straight to DVD movies. Granted kids like my neice's who are 3 and 9 will love the DVD released, but it really kills the die hard fans who knew what a GREAT disney movie was.

I thought they just ran out of ideas. Started scraping the bottom of the barrel. Then got into that pissing contest with Pixar

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I thought they just ran out of ideas. Started scraping the bottom of the barrel. Then got into that pissing contest with Pixar

Nah, It's like the fact that Disney will be putting out the Rapunzel movie. There are seriously a nice amount of untouched fairy tales but apparently not the money to make them or something.
    Beauty and the Beast was the last "fairy-tale" disney movie and it came out in 1991. Ironically, all the fairy-tale movies are the first to get sequels and prequels, so why don't you just make more NEW fairy-tale movies? It makes no sense to me. =[

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    I'm not looking forward to that.

I'm actually looking forward to Rapunzel. Disney 3D~

For some reason I think "The Princess and the Frog" will just bring issues. It's aimed at african americans and for the past two years there have been name changes on some of the characters and even title changes because they've offended people and ended up getting called racist.
    Plot really doesn't appeal to me either.

"A fairy tale centered on a young girl named Princess Tiana who lives in New Orleans' French Quarter during the Jazz Age."

Where'd my old fairy tales go, the one's I could read in a story book!
    Oh well, I get that with Rapunzel. =D
    I see it in a completely different way - I think it's cool that they finally have a black person as the lead in a movie, and that it's set in New Orleans during the Jazz Age only gives it that much more of an edge compared to a lot of the other Disney movies. Also, just that's it's a return to 2D animation really appeals to me.

This Rapunzel movie also looks promising, though.