Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 360 crisis with Crysis

Articles
    Blog Entries

^lmao. Actually, you'd only need 6 discs for the Xbox360 version.

Its still huge though.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Not if Kojima means what he says about Blue Ray being almost too small for all the HD content. That and the fact that MGS4 is PS3 only.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    ^lmao. Actually, you'd only need 6 discs for the Xbox360 version.

Its still huge though.
    yes, but it's so much funnier that way... But 6 DVD's, madon, that's HUUGE... Imagine if it would take even more discs to accomodate a 360 version...

@Yu: It wont go to Xbox360. But each Xbox360 DVD or w/e has 8.5GB.

Multiply that by 6 and you get 51GB. Thats one more than a BRD.

@Bolivar: Why would it take even more discs?

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know, I'm just sayin...

Articles
    Blog Entries

It just reminds me of 10-11 years ago when psx was out, it was doing fairly well, but when the 64 came out it was kinda down, all the best games were on nintendo, not to mention all the hate that CDs were getting, especially in Nintendo ads.

And then Final Fantasy VII came out and the game hasn't been the same since... What was it, like 27 cartridges they said it would need to be put on N64?
    Last edited by Bolivar; 03-07-2008 at 01:24 AM.

OOC:sorry but I meant to edit my post

If the game runs at 1080p then your looking at about 2-5GBs for one medium to large map. The Killzone 2 gameplay footage from the 07 trailer took place on a map that took up to 4GBs for just the demo.

Now consider this: If Killzone 2 has (lets say) 8-15 small-medium maps in multiplayer, thats probably 1.5-3GBs for just the map alone not counting the AI and players (I'm asuming that KZ2 will have bots like KZ did). Metal gear solid 4's size may have to do with the fact that most of the graphical effects and such were hand coded, not recycled techneques like PC and Xbox games (although Crysis is in a different leage in its own). If Kojima used one of the mass marketed game engines them chances are MGS4 wouldn't be nearly as big as it is. The only problem with that is that it would be some thing we've all seen before. But Konami always made the best games on both playstation and playstation 2 (silent hill, Xenosaga, Suikoden, MGS, all come to mind). I read an EGM review for MGS3 and a coment came up about the game broke new ground on the PS2's grahpical poential.

MGS 3: Snake Eater PS2 Review Index, MGS 3: Snake Eater Playstation 2 Reviews

MGS 3: Snake Eater PS2 Review Index, MGS 3: Snake Eater Playstation 2 Reviews

Coming back to the main topic, This only shows how far the PS3 could realy go and that Crysis could very well look and play just as good as it dose on PC. My biggest hope is that the Sandbox Editor can port Mods to the PS3 just like UT3 did.
    Last edited by Yew-Yevon; 03-06-2008 at 10:52 PM.