Thread: Questions about Ultima.

Default Questions about Ultima.

Okay, so apparently this spell doesn't do any major damage until you have the person who has it max out all of their spell stats to 16. Have any of you done this in order to have something effective against the final boss? I wouldn't mind making Ultima 16... but then I realized I need to max out all the rest of her (Maria's) spells. Do I even need Ultima?

If there was another thread about this you can just link me and lock this one but I couldn't find one.
    oh

Well, if you really want a cheap win against the final boss, you can use the Blood Sword (or something along those lines, can't really remember). It damages him greatly and you absorb hp too. But even if you missed it (which you can), fighting him normally is much easier than getting a maxed Ultima.
    warning: i am NOT funny.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Maxed out Ultima still can't reach the same damage as a Dual-Wielder with Haste and Berserk stacked numerous times if a target is under the Curse status.

Awesome. Thank God I have a blood sword. I haven't struggled in this game at all since I followed a guide for it because of the leveling system. I have never been so over leveled in an FF game but I followed people's advice and I regret the lack of a challenge. Ah well.
    oh

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

You don't need Ultima. I beat the game without it.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Where's the blood sword?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure I found one Blood Sword in a Chest. Another one was dropped for me. You can also buy them but I just can't remember where it was that I saw it for sale. I have Firion and Gus equipped with one almost all the time because they continuously keep healing themselves with it.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

There's one you can get in Fynn.

I didn't use Ultima at all for the final battle. I was just curious to see if anyone actually had the patience to max it up to level 16.
    oh

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been trying to get Maria leveled up on Ultima but so far I'm only at Level 5. It's getting better, but her bow does better damage as it is right now.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mose-schrute View Post
    I didn't use Ultima at all for the final battle. I was just curious to see if anyone actually had the patience to max it up to level 16.
    I'll have it compleatly maxed as soon as I get Flare up half a level. (so, in about a quarter of an hour) It does pretty good damage. (an average of 8000). Of course, by the time you get everything else leveled to sixteen, Ultima is pretty superfluous. Fun, but superfluous. Honestly, the Blood Sword is a lot more useful in the final battle.