Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is there a mountain in the garden or did they sneak out after hours?

Blog Entries

Default So is there a mountain in the garden or did they sneak out after hours?

Where is the duel between Seifer and Squall in the opening scene set?

At first when i wasnt paying attention i thought maybe it was at the training centre but then i realised theres no place like that in the training center and the training center is indoors.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

There are mountains right outside of the Garden though. Either way, I thought that training was done in the training center, not in various places outside the Garden.
    Granted, TESTING and such can take place outside i.e. getting Ifrit, but they state that they needed to "take it easy in training" or something along that.

I guess an epic mountain scene is cooler than an indoor scene.

I believe they were out of garden . I'm sure there is no such place in garden .

i totaly agree they, Seifer & squall, were training together outside the Garden that way they won't be held back by the Garden Faculty... Squall & Seifer are all about becoming the best at that early point, they are quite competitive and think they are the only ones that understand each other, sort of a friendly rivalry, but of course Seifer and his explosive temper takes things a bit far and they both get injured... the very reason they did it out of the Garden, their prideful egos couldn't handle someone else stepping in and stopping the fight if the sparing turned into such...

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    i totaly agree they, Seifer & squall, were training together outside the Garden that way they won't be held back by the Garden Faculty... Squall & Seifer are all about becoming the best at that early point, they are quite competitive and think they are the only ones that understand each other, sort of a friendly rivalry, but of course Seifer and his explosive temper takes things a bit far and they both get injured... the very reason they did it out of the Garden, their prideful egos couldn't handle someone else stepping in and stopping the fight if the sparing turned into such...
    That may be so, but how did Squall get to the Infirmary? He was knocked unconscious sometime after Seifer cut his face open-- he didn't let up after being injured. So, did Seifer knock him over the head and drag him back to the Garden? Probably not.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

These are the types of issues that I expect remakes to deal with. I think that, at the time, players were fascinated with the dramatic music and the realistic graphics that they tend to forget asking themselves questions like, "Where are those two right now? How did Squall get back to the infirmary?"
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

They were probably by the fire cavern. Some SeeDs going to or from that place to do their prerequisites for the SeeD exam probably found him and drug him back. maybe seifer too, I was under teh impression that he was in the infirmiary and then got released or ran off before kawazaki could call quistis.

Who said it was after hours? We don't know exactly what time it is when Squall wakes up in the Infirmary, only that it's morning/early afternoon since the SeeD field exam is scheduled to tae place at 16:00. When Quistis tells him he has yet to complete the Fire Cavern prerequisite before the exam, he mentions (in thoughts) that "[he] was going to this morning, but Seifer..." What I think happened is that as soon as curfew was lifted and he was allowed to leave Garden, Squall decided to go to the Fire Cavern and met Seifer on the way there and they had their duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Takara View Post
    Who said it was after hours? We don't know exactly what time it is when Squall wakes up in the Infirmary, only that it's morning/early afternoon since the SeeD field exam is scheduled to tae place at 16:00. When Quistis tells him he has yet to complete the Fire Cavern prerequisite before the exam, he mentions (in thoughts) that "[he] was going to this morning, but Seifer..." What I think happened is that as soon as curfew was lifted and he was allowed to leave Garden, Squall decided to go to the Fire Cavern and met Seifer on the way there and they had their duel.
    i think ur right...he prolly told quistis they were just training to cover up the fact that they actually fought

WOW!!!! 8)
    PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER DS ATM

Blog Entries

Who said it was after hours?
    Well i naturally assumed considering how the fight scene was set at night (or early morning)

edit: If you look at 1:59 on this video You can sort of see the sun has begun rising or is almost finished setting. They might have been fighting since before then though so its not too clear.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 03-09-2008 at 06:42 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

When Quistis asks Squall if he had done the test (where Ifrit is), he thinks to himself that he was on his way but Seifer stopped him.

I always assumed that they met up in the mountains outside where the Ifrit test was. Garden officials probably found them and took them back.

Edit: Takara explained it better.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

It's entirely possible that Seifer took him back to the garden, isn't it? He was just going overboard with training, not trying to kill him. Yet. :P

I don't know. Seifer would have been hurt pretty badly too with the cut to his head.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I forgot.. They both got their scar that day, didn't they

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    When Quistis asks Squall if he had done the test (where Ifrit is), he thinks to himself that he was on his way but Seifer stopped him.

I always assumed that they met up in the mountains outside where the Ifrit test was. Garden officials probably found them and took them back.

Edit: Takara explained it better.
    He couldn't go there alone. He needed a SeeD to accompany him as stated by the little dudes at the ifrit cave. So unless he was wandering around outside to find a SeeD that's prolly in the Garden, I don't find that to be reasonable. Unless Quistis or another SeeD was waiting for him (most likely Quistis) but then she'd prolly say something like she was wondering what happened. But then again, no because the infrmary called her to pick him up and she was able to get their super fast, so if she was waiting at Ifrit cave the wait would have been longer.

Now if the opening scene was done for "Ohh and Ahh" reasons, then it could be that Squall was training in the training center to prepare for going to the cave, when he went to leave to go get his SeeD (again prolly quistis since she's his teacher) he was stopped by Seifer. Thus making the whole "Take it easy in training" from the doctor and what not plausable. They -were- in the training center so what may have been a fight could have been more easily covered up as training than saying it was training if they were out in the mountain range.

Fire Cavern-Entrance
    *Garden Faculty
    "Objective: To obtain a low-level GF. A SeeD member must support. Are you ready?"

<<CHOICE>>

<<(Yes)>>

<<(Still need to prepare...)>>
    <<(Yes)>>
    <Squall salutes>
    Squall
    "I'm ready."