Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    She says she "junctioned it for a while", which seems to prove she didn't keep it.
    I think that it would have added more personality to the characters if they were to come with their own Guardian Forces equipped upon joining the party. If that was the case, all of the party members, with the exception of Selphie, would have been shown to be constant users of Guardian Forces, adding a little more thought to that revelation near Trabia Garden.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    She says she "junctioned it for a while", which seems to prove she didn't keep it.
    I think that it would have added more personality to the characters if they were to come with their own Guardian Forces equipped upon joining the party. If that was the case, all of the party members, with the exception of Selphie, would have been shown to be constant users of Guardian Forces, adding a little more thought to that revelation near Trabia Garden.
    I agree, that would've been cool - their choice of GF could be linked to their personality, for instance.

i think it was doomtrain
    cause of her love for trains
    i know it says she got it after defeating a monster but there isnt nesecserily(aint got a clue how its spelt) only one way to get each gf

maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    I have no objection to discussion of Selphie engaging in sexual activity with other women.

As an American teenage male, I fully support it.
    It was Quistis.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I agree, that would've been cool - their choice of GF could be linked to their personality, for instance.
    Of course Irvine should be the exception to that. As until he joined with them he never equiped a GF, hence why he still has his memories.

You seem, something so simple could have been a great foreshadowing of things to come.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

JUMBO CACTUAR!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I once had a thread where I suggested that the main characters could be paired with GFs they resembled physically or in terms of personality. My thought was Carbuncle for Selphie: both are bouncy, cheery and cutesy.

In terms of her original GF, parsimony would suggest one of the extant ones that the party eventually gets, although there's no reason there can't be other GFs the party never finds. She even could have junctioned to Tiamat in his GF days.

Not that I'm suggesting either is likely.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

obvioulsy hades disguised as a turtle

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    I once had a thread where I suggested that the main characters could be paired with GFs they resembled physically or in terms of personality. My thought was Carbuncle for Selphie: both are bouncy, cheery and cutesy.
    In terms of GFs that best suit the personality of the character, I agree with you and others who said that Carbuncle was probably the best match. However, as Big D said, Tonberry is a likely candidate. I did think for a moment that looking at the evidence that Big D stated, it could even have applied to Odin but then again, you don't junction Odin he just appears. I think it probably was Tonberry if it was any of the obtainable GFs.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Selphie's first GF was actually Criss Angel. Yes, THE MINDFREAK!!! Just kidding!! That would be STUPID!! It was actually mediocre street magician David Blaine. His dubious distraction skills made her think that she was dealing with Criss Angel the entire time, but pulled a fast one on her. Before she knew it, she forgot what had happened. Blaine's mundane presentation caused Selphie to become a narcoleptic, so in her defense she was sleeping most of the time. She then met him years later on the streets of Balamb. She was conversing with flower-painted vinyl siding while he was luring children into his '87 Ford Econoline full-size windowless van that had "puppies and candy" inside of it. He was later arrested after Zell found out that Mr. Blaine didn't actually have puppies and candy in the van, but a gallon bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care and 5 O'clock rum in Spongebob cups. Selphie laughed the entire episode off and went on to play with a fire hydrant and a container of nitrous oxide.

MINDFREAK!!!!!!

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

the lynch clone, please do not post false information.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

It's not that it's false information, it's just completely irrelevant, ironic and moderately amusing. And if you take any of my posts seriously then you should consider reevaluating your life. If there are objections to my posts because of engagements in real heartfelt conversations about fictional characters in a fictional world, then the replies shall discontinue. My posts are for entertainment purposes, not information. Enough people post the necessary information. I just happen to throw a curve-ball every now and then. Very few people actually post replies to my posts, and if they do, they may get a good laugh out of it. If this is unacceptable, then the posts will cease. Keep on keepin' on.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by the lynch clone View Post
    My posts are for entertainment purposes
    And they achieve that well, in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    This might sound weird but for some unknown reason i always got this image of mini Selphie walking around the overworld and meeting Carbuncle then equiping it.
    although i never imagined a "mini" selhpie...i imagined Selphie running off by herself in a jungle and coming across Carbuncle

WOW!!!! 8)
    PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER DS ATM

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    i think it was doomtrain
    cause of her love for trains
    i know it says she got it after defeating a monster but there isnt nesecserily(aint got a clue how its spelt) only one way to get each gf

maybe
    Yes!

That must be it =]!

It's so either this or Tonberry :3