Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arcana Heart

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I like this game. Certainly no Street Fighter, but I really wasn't expecting something to compete with that anyway.

I should point out that 'Atlus' didn't make/develop this game, they published it. Atlus doesn't make a lot of the games they sell. That would be like faulting NIS for making Atelier Iris 3. They didn't make the Atlier or Ar Tonelico (or Mana Khemia) series, they published it.

I won't rail on you for spending less than 2 hours with it. If a game doesn't click with you, it just doesn't click. I personally don't like Melty Blood at all (which I would put in the same category of fighter as Arcana Heart), even after I put a lot of time into it. I don't particularly like Guilty Gear or Tekken's style of gameplay either.

Arcana Heart doesn't suck. I wouldn't go into the game looking for a replacement to your favourite 2D fighter, but for something different. I don't think I'd recommend it to a not-so-hardcore fighter fan who intends to play it by themself. Fighting games are best with 2 humans, and the AI in this game (at least my Japanese version) is pretty unbalanced in terms of difficulty.

I picked it up yesterday and I'm quite pleased with it. The combat's satisfying and runs smoothly, and it's interesting to see how each Arcana plays with each character.

Though, they really ranked up the difficulty on that last fight in Story Mode....