Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fav food not a poll,a Q for help

Default Fav food not a poll,a Q for help

i am a sous chef at a little fine dining restauraunt and i want to know peoples fav food i know people on this forum are from all over the world. i have a new menu that i have to come up with for an upcoming 5 course dinner. desert does not count because just to cleanse someones pallet i have already chosen to go with a small flourless cake just a bite's worth (this actually works trust me) but let me know because after all i dont feed myself i feed people. your foods may help me with my menu ill let you all know what i am working on soon
    Last edited by IronOcean; 03-08-2008 at 07:12 AM. Reason: lef tout something

I think being a chef would be awesome, I am honestly a big fan of cooking... even if I am not to good at it. My school doesn’t offer any culinary classes.

By for my favorite food... Um, I would have to go simple and clean and say rare prime rib.
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

being a chef is awesome at times. you have alot of freedom but i work 70+ hours a weak. but i love it. Prime rib very classic choice and so much that can be done with that. the raw meat from that has so many possibliltes.

Banned

chicken and pineapple together. basically my FAVORITE thing is salty and sweet combination of things. i think there are not enough salty sweet things out there! my favorite food ever is stir fry. or maybe a sandwich. i would be in heaven if i could have chicken strips and pineapple on a sandwich, perhaps some kind of fancy whole grain bread with honey in it and oats but that's salty as well.

this sounds like lunch things, but for a dinner, perhaps grilled chicken burger with a ring of pineapple around it? it's definitely unique and can be spiced up (?)

salty and sweet amazing combo. and now i have a new mission i will create you a sandwich with chicken and pineapple i promise. i like where this is going my notes have salty and sweet as my first course thank you.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had a tortilla soup this evening that was pretty amazing. I think it had some sort of grilled chicken, and avacado, and tortilla strips with some chicken broth to get poured over it so the tortillas would still be crunchy.

1ST COURSE

House-cured salmon with radish salad (i know radishes bleh trust me lol), red grapefruit, preserved lemon oil, topped with avocado mousse served with a 2006 Flora Springs Pinot grigio (wine) ....keep in mind these will be small portions it will be 5 courses not counting the freebie at the end with the choclate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IronOcean View Post
    salty and sweet amazing combo. and now i have a new mission i will create you a sandwich with chicken and pineapple i promise. i like where this is going my notes have salty and sweet as my first course thank you.

hehe, yum yum! I love food. you can't go wrong with the filet mignon either... so tender and good. so if you were looking for a different meat... also, garlic mashed potatoes that are whipped always go for an amazing side course. my favorite meal is filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and some veggie. i think the perfect thing for that would be fruit actually, maybe not even veggies. like a fruit salad for desert?

The potato is simply one of the most amazing foods on earth... I mean you can fry it, chip it, scallop it, mash it, bake it, twice bake it, boil it, make it into a soup, fry its skins!

I love the potato. Food rocks.
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by feel the illinoise! View Post

hehe, yum yum! I love food. :) you can't go wrong with the filet mignon either... so tender and good. so if you were looking for a different meat... also, garlic mashed potatoes that are whipped always go for an amazing side course. my favorite meal is filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and some veggie. i think the perfect thing for that would be fruit actually, maybe not even veggies. like a fruit salad for desert?
    you are just on track with me tonight and i dig it. my 5th course will be a beef trio (to be decided i dunno) but it will all be composed of psmo beef which is what we get filets off of. this is moving along greatly and i ment what i said about the samich

Banned

hehe, yum yum! I love food. you can't go wrong with the filet mignon either... so tender and good. so if you were looking for a different meat... also, garlic mashed potatoes that are whipped always go for an amazing side course. my favorite meal is filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and some veggie. i think the perfect thing for that would be fruit actually, maybe not even veggies. like a fruit salad for desert?
    you are just on track with me tonight and i dig it. my 5th course will be a beef trio (to be decided i dunno) but it will all be composed of psmo beef which is what we get filets off of. this is moving along greatly and i ment what i said about the samich
    you'll have to tell me where your restaurant is based! i'll come visit and take you up on it, haha.

my mother is an experimental cook and she makes amazing combinations of things.

best of luck =)

1ST COURSE

House-cured salmon with radish salad (i know radishes bleh trust me lol), red grapefruit, preserved lemon oil, topped with avocado mousse served with a 2006 Flora Springs Pinot grigio (wine) ....keep in mind these will be small portions it will be 5 courses not counting the freebie at the end with the choclate
    2ND COURSE

Warm Salad of Braised rabbit, Wild mushrooms (Sheetakes oysters etc) Mache (type of green), Shallot Confit, with tarragon dressing served with a 2005 Flora Springs Sangiovese

this is also a 100$ a person dinner i am putting together all of your ideas will be taken into considerration and changed around i have to also match it with the wines that are being supplied HEADACHES lol
    Last edited by IronOcean; 03-08-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Sh short i take is a mushroom lol no need for skulls

hehe, yum yum! I love food. :) you can't go wrong with the filet mignon either... so tender and good. so if you were looking for a different meat... also, garlic mashed potatoes that are whipped always go for an amazing side course. my favorite meal is filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and some veggie. i think the perfect thing for that would be fruit actually, maybe not even veggies. like a fruit salad for desert?
    you'll have to tell me where your restaurant is based! i'll come visit and take you up on it, haha.

my mother is an experimental cook and she makes amazing combinations of things.

best of luck =)
    ill just give you the recipe and let you make it for yourself but give me a little time

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

LASAGNE. Lasagne is the nicest food in existence, I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and tea. yumm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    LASAGNE. Lasagne is the nicest food in existence, I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and tea. yumm.
    that is one of my fav meals i cannot get enough of the stuff i like it vegitarian with meat whatever cheese lol