Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes we need a song with a message

Default Sometimes we need a song with a message

We are the world!!

YouTube - we are the world

enjoy guys. Feel free to post any other songs with a message.

The only rule is that the song must be early 60s, 70s, 80s, and early 90s.

Current music carries no meaning. Plus the current artist out there are pretty mediocre.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I prefer something a bit more secular, a bit less sappy. Also the British do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by nozkits View Post
    Current music carries no meaning. Plus the current artist out there are pretty mediocre.
    I think you're very wrong there, it all depends on what kind of music you listen to...

My fave song is Where is the love, by the Black Eyed Peas (feat. Justin Timberlake), it's awesome, and definitely has a message. Of course there are many other great songs, but I can't really think of any right now...
    =====>Check out my sigs!<=====

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

I'll see y'all at the Crossroads...
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Quote Originally Posted by Timster View Post
    I think you're very wrong there, it all depends on what kind of music you listen to...

My fave song is Where is the love, by the Black Eyed Peas (feat. Justin Timberlake), it's awesome, and definitely has a message. Of course there are many other great songs, but I can't really think of any right now...
    That song is old, and that is the song that signaled to the world that BLack Eyed Peas sold out. I'm from altanta man. I know this!!

You gotta love Bob Dylan and once 2009 hits he would've been performing as a musician for 50 years!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube - Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone (From Unreleased Hard Rain)
    Last edited by nozkits; 03-08-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

That song is old, and that is the song that signaled to the world that BLack Eyed Peas sold out. I'm from altanta man. I know this!!

What I've been listening to:

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's so messageless about <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1C857s5bxY&feature=related">Stabilo <del>Boss</del></a>?

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

Lupe Fiasco doesn't make meaningless or mediocre songs . Can't pick a favorite out of these:

Fighters
    Kick Push
    Intruder Alert
    Little Weapon
    The Coolest

(Is it ok to post songs with language?)

You gotta love Bob Dylan and once 2009 hits he would've been performing as a musician for 50 years!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter whether the song is old or not (I just mentioned it because I like it and think it has a good message), my point was that current music can have meaning as well, why would only songs from the early 60s ,70s, 80s, and 90s be able to have a meaning? More importantly I think that almost every song has a message, just that they each have different messages. You've got your love songs with their messages and you got the ones about the world with their message and ones about racism and they have yet another message and so on, so almost every song has it's message, no matter what time it's from.
    =====>Check out my sigs!<=====

It doesn't matter whether the song is old or not (I just mentioned it because I like it and think it has a good message), my point was that current music can have meaning as well, why would only songs from the early 60s ,70s, 80s, and 90s be able to have a meaning? More importantly I think that almost every song has a message, just that they each have different messages. You've got your love songs with their messages and you got the ones about the world with their message and ones about racism and they have yet another message and so on, so almost every song has it's message, no matter what time it's from.
    The point I am making is that these older songs were more apart of the mainstream. Good music today is a rare find, and you do have to go out of your way to look. Lupe Fiasco isn't on the radio. Has so many songs, but people only know what he releases in his pv's.

Calm down man, and stop trying to be confrontational. It's a bit annoying.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by nozkits
    Too true, they have never been good since.
    I love songs with messages, and most of them do have them. Most of them. But to be honest, a song doesnt HAVE to have a message, it can just be catchy, fun or entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nozkits
    Too true, they have never been good since.
    I love songs with messages, and most of them do have them. Most of them. But to be honest, a song doesnt HAVE to have a message, it can just be catchy, fun or entertaining.
    That's what's wrong with this decade. People really just stop caring about others, and each other. Especially my generation. (gen y).

We really don't rally behind a cause as much as the previous ones have. WE don't even have any musicians at the caliber of the ones from previous decades.

What happens when you unknowingly dedicate a song to the IRA in Antrim, Northern Ireland in 1988, and your words not only start a riot, but also get you so many death threats that you have to travel the rest of the tour in a "bulletproof bus"?

You get a song such as Holy Wars!

Also, our politicians are nothing more than bull artists, hence the need for a song such as Symphony Of Destruction!
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 03-11-2008 at 05:15 AM.

Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?