oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Default The World Ends With You (DS)

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU | SQUARE ENIX

Not too much I can say about the game, but noticed no one has really talked about it. It's out next month for the DS, though the official site doesn't really give much information for it.

Here's the Wikipedia article for it. For what it's worth, Famitsu scored it a 35/40 (10/8/9/8).

I like to see Squenix do something different, so I'll be checking this one out.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The graphics are GBA-grade, the designs are typical Nomura dreck, and I hear the gameplay is an absolute mess. And Famitsu scores are worth nothing, since they're influenced by payola.

But hey, wait and see, I guess!!

I'm so getting this game.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It is nice to see a new game from Square Enix; however, I am not very impressed by the design of the game based on the information from the Wikipedia article.

It seems very similar to Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and other games in the Kingdom Hearts series, and I sometimes find it difficult to relate to games that take place in Japan, so I hope that the localization of the game is top-notch.

As Kawaii Ryűkishi has already said, the designs are typical fare for Tetsuya Nomura. I think that he needs to take a break and let other character designers in on the various projects going on at Square Enix.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It looks neat n.n

EDIT:

I think I'll like the music.
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 03-17-2008 at 07:15 AM.

Nomura just needs to chill out and quit making leathery-belt creatures who listen to MTV. If he could just go back to the mindset he had when he was creating Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve, and FFVIII that would be cool (although his madness slowly began with VIII). But before all that, he is actually an excellent monster designer. I think he should, yeah, let someone else take over character designing for a while until he gets a spiritual epiphany, and continue solely designing monsters.

As for 'The World Ends With You'; I'm uninterested in the title at the moment. Not because of Nomura's repetitive designs, I don't let that bother me, but because the gameplay does seem like a complete mess as mentioned above.

No Sephiroth?

I'll pass.

It's great to see a Squenix game that isn't Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

That said, it still looks pretty crappy.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'll wait until I see more of this before I state an opinion.

It appears the battles work with two characters. One is controlled with the stylus on the bottom screen, the other with the D-pad primarily. Seems very weird, wonder if it actually works well

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I think it looks pretty solid. The character designs are a mix of standard Nomura dressed with an awesome Jet Set Radio vibe, and the play mechanics seem interesting enough. I think it has potential.
    Last edited by Alucard von Elru; 03-31-2008 at 03:20 PM.
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimonji View Post
    Nomura just needs to chill out and quit making leathery-belt creatures who listen to MTV. If he could just go back to the mindset he had when he was creating Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve, and FFVIII that would be cool (although his madness slowly began with VIII). But before all that, he is actually an excellent monster designer. I think he should, yeah, let someone else take over character designing for a while until he gets a spiritual epiphany, and continue solely designing monsters.

As for 'The World Ends With You'; I'm uninterested in the title at the moment. Not because of Nomura's repetitive designs, I don't let that bother me, but because the gameplay does seem like a complete mess as mentioned above.
    The title was 'Its a Woundful World' a year ago...no idea why thought?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimonji View Post

The title was 'Its a Woundful World' a year ago...no idea why thought?
    i think that's the japanese title. I'm not really interested. I like Nomura, but the concept doesn't really appeal to me. I'm curious as to why all the big members of the fabula nova crystallis project have been so absorbed with side projects... they should be cracking some skulls and getting development moving along.

I like that they are trying something different,but from what i've seen so far it's not my kind of game.