When the future is aglow

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

One thing that I found (and couldn't figure out how to fix) is when you play the game in IE, if you open up one of the enemies defeated or spells/items found window, sometimes IE would lock up. I have no idea why this happens, but the game looks a lot better in Firefox and people should be using Firefox anyways so I didn't fuss over it too much.
    Figaro Castle

That's what killed my internets, but I'm using AOL, not IE. I'll try again later with firefox.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I saved and exited and then went back to play....my game did not save >:0

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

With regards to gold at the start, you're right in that it's relatively easy to find, but it's even easier to die when you have no weapons, no armour, low stats etc. If possible, it might be an idea to set it up so that the enemies you face on the main town's map are both easy to kill and also that the gold is a bit easier to find - of course, to counter the ease of getting gold I would suggest making it harder to get anything decent in this map weapon/armour-wise. Same goes for the town, of course. You should have it set so that you build yourself up in the initial map in order to get the hang of things and then venture out into more difficult areas. Does the purple town have exactly the same weapons? I forget.

I'm not sure if that's doable, but it would certainly be ideal.

EDIT: On a sidenote, saving, exiting and restarting fixed The Captain's counting problem, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    Very odd, I wonder why. I haven't seen any save issues in a while. Can you give me any more details?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    With regards to gold at the start, you're right in that it's relatively easy to find, but it's even easier to die when you have no weapons, no armour, low stats etc. If possible, it might be an idea to set it up so that the enemies you face on the main town's map are both easy to kill and also that the gold is a bit easier to find - of course, to counter the ease of getting gold I would suggest making it harder to get anything decent in this map weapon/armour-wise. Same goes for the town, of course. You should have it set so that you build yourself up in the initial map in order to get the hang of things and then venture out into more difficult areas. Does the purple town have exactly the same weapons? I forget.

I'm not sure if that's doable, but it would certainly be ideal.
    The difficulty of the enemies are based on the types of tiles. On the world map, the easiest are on the plains, progress in difficulty through the forests and swamps (that's what those poo-ish looking tiles are) to the mountains. In the same regard, the value of item drops increase in value as the difficulty of the tiles increase as well. The world is randomly generated each time the page is loaded, so it's hard to set up the game in a traditional sense where things get difficult on the world the farther you go from the town, but I can change the screens the towns reside on to only include plains and forests, with a 70/30 ratio, respectively.
    * adds "change world map screens where towns reside on to be easier" to update list

The red colored town is strength-focused while the purple colored town is a magic-focused.
    Figaro Castle

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Dammit, looks like reduced to wussy level...:rolleyes2

BTW, that Micheal Jackson picture at the end is damn funny...
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've compiled a table that outlines the abilities and skills each class gets at the various levels. I've also added a link to this post in my first post so it's easy to find if you want to reference it in the future.

<TABLE BORDER="1"><TR><TD ROWSPAN="2" valign="bottom">Class</TD><TD colspan="4">Skill Level</TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR><TD>Druid</TD><TD>+20% bonus to run</TD><TD>+40% bonus to run</TD><TD>+60% bonus to run</TD><TD>+100% bonus to run</TD></TR><TR><TD>Elementalist</TD><TD>+30% chance to change defensive element<BR/></TD><TD>+50% chance to change defensive element<BR/>+30% chance to change attacking element<BR/></TD><TD>+70% chance to change defensive element<BR/>+50% chance to change attacking element<BR/>+30% chance to change enemy element<BR/></TD><TD>+90% chance to change defensive element<BR/>+70% chance to change attacking element<BR/>+60% chance to change enemy element<BR/></TD></TR><TR><TD>Gypsy</TD><TD>+4 to inventory size<BR/>+10% more experience<BR/></TD><TD>+8 to inventory size<BR/>+20% more experience<BR/></TD><TD>+12 to inventory size<BR/>+30% more experience<BR/></TD><TD>+16 to inventory size<BR/>+50% more experience<BR/></TD></TR><TR><TD>Knight</TD><TD>+20% bonus to equipment</TD><TD>+40% bonus to equipment</TD><TD>+60% bonus to equipment</TD><TD>+100% bonus to equipment</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mage Warrior</TD><TD>+10% bonus to equipment<BR/>25% chance to find spell<BR/>1 spell found<BR/>Up to level 1 spells found<BR/>1 spell slot</TD><TD>+20% bonus to equipment<BR/>30% chance to find spell<BR/>1 spell found<BR/>Up to level 1 spells found<BR/>2 spell slot</TD><TD>+30% bonus to equipment<BR/>35% chance to find spell<BR/>2 spell found<BR/>Up to level 2 spells found<BR/>3 spell slot</TD><TD>+50% bonus to equipment<BR/>50% chance to find spell<BR/>2 spell found<BR/>Up to level 2 spells found<BR/>4 spell slot</TD></TR><TR><TD>Merchant</TD><TD>+10% discount in shops<BR/>+10% more gold on sold items in shops<BR/>+10% chance to find gold after battle<BR/>+50% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+20% discount in shops<BR/>+20% more gold on sold items in shops<BR/>+20% chance to find gold after battle<BR/>+100% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+30% discount in shops<BR/>+30% more gold on sold items in shops<BR/>+30% chance to find gold after battle<BR/>+150% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+50% discount in shops<BR/>+20% more gold on sold items in shops<BR/>+50% chance to find gold after battle<BR/>+200% more gold found<BR/></TD></TR><TR><TD>Ninja</TD><TD>+20% bonus to dodge</TD><TD>+40% bonus to dodge</TD><TD>+60% bonus to dodge</TD><TD>+100% bonus to dodge</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ogre</TD><TD>+20% change of critical hit</TD><TD>+40% change of critical hit</TD><TD>+60% change of critical hit</TD><TD>+100% change of critical hit</TD></TR><TR><TD>Pirate</TD><TD>+10% chance to find item after battle<BR/>+50% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+20% chance to find item after battle<BR/>+100% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+30% chance to find item after battle<BR/>+150% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+50% chance to find item after battle<BR/>+200% more gold found<BR/></TD></TR><TR><TD>Sorceror</TD><TD>50% chance to find spell<BR/>1 spell found<BR/>Up to level 1 spells found<BR/>2 spell slots</TD><TD>60% chance to find spell<BR/>2 spell found<BR/>Up to level 2 spells found<BR/>4 spell slot</TD><TD>70% chance to find spell<BR/>2 spell found<BR/>Up to level 3 spells found<BR/>6 spell slot</TD><TD>100% chance to find spell<BR/>3 spell found<BR/>Up to level 4 spells found<BR/>8 spell slot</TD></TR></TABLE>
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The Captain is stuck back on 477 again, even after I saved and restarted.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What do you mean by he's stuck?
    Figaro Castle

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Very odd, I wonder why. I haven't seen any save issues in a while. Can you give me any more details?
    I clicked save and exit. It popped up a box asking me if I want to save and exit. Of course clicked yes :P Went to reload the game an hour later and all my minor "work" was lost XP

I wish it was a bit easier to find the special items like tasty pie, rye and what not. I got to like...900 strength and still only found 1 doc france XP

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Items Found popup once again crashed IE6, by the way. Definitely only happens with that button so you might want to look into it.

Oh, and Cap'n being 'stuck' means that he won't change his count of how many enemies you've killed/faced when you kill more enemies.

Special items found so far: Rye, Doc France, Tastey Pies. Of those, I don't know what two of them are for. xD I might have found more, actually, but I've been on mass-kill mode, hitting Left, F, Left, F, Left, F etc. constantly without care for anything that I might be able to pick up.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I clicked save and exit. It popped up a box asking me if I want to save and exit. Of course clicked yes :P Went to reload the game an hour later and all my minor "work" was lost XP
    Bummer, I wish I new how to recreate it to investigate.
    I wish it was a bit easier to find the special items like tasty pie, rye and what not. I got to like...900 strength and still only found 1 doc france XP
    There used to be a 1% chance to find most of the quest items, which I bumped up to 3% after my playthrough testing. I'll probably up it again to make the game move a little smoother.
    Items Found popup once again crashed IE6, by the way. Definitely only happens with that button so you might want to look into it.
    It happened for me several times with the Spells Found popup as well. I tried to fix it, but I could never diagnose the problem. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all for it. The code that opens up the popup windows looks like this(Spells Found used in this example):
    Code:
    var spellsFoundWindow = window.open("#", "SpellsFound", "scrollbars,resizable,status");
    spellsFoundWindow.document.write(" ... writes html contents of window ... );
    spellsFoundWindow.document.close();
    Note: None of the popup window writing is contained in a loop. All looping is done before the window is opened and html strings of items/spells/enemies from looping are generated. Then the window is opened and the html strings are written to the window.
    Oh, and Cap'n being 'stuck' means that he won't change his count of how many enemies you've killed/faced when you kill more enemies.
    He only monitors how many enemies you've killed at least once, not how many you've killed overall or met but ran away from. Is his behavior inconsistent from what you're encountering with your in-game play?

Special items found so far: Rye, Doc France, Tastey Pies. Of those, I don't know what two of them are for. xD I might have found more, actually, but I've been on mass-kill mode, hitting Left, F, Left, F, Left, F etc. constantly without care for anything that I might be able to pick up.
    They're all quest items, and some quest items are only usable after certain criteria have been met(typically increasing your class skills in some manner).
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

What is gooey toast for?

AHHH IT DIDNT SAVE MINE!!! I LEVELED LIKE 30 FOR EVERYTHING

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going to dive into the logs and see if I can find any common errors. I'm surprised that the save problems are sporadic. I would think that they would be consistent and easy to reproduce.

Also, I've upped the chance of finding some of the rarer items, like quest items, from three to five percent, so hopefully that will make the game a little more fluid and enjoyable. If you're currently playing, you'll need to save and exit(hopefully the save will behave) and reload your character to pick up the new version of the code.
    Figaro Castle