Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Really Dumb Thread Idea

I want to know the people that live near me so I could stalk them, non-stop.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    It's not that. I know you guys are serious, but the people that are being mentioned in this thread in your posts aren't really starting up PM conversations with you or anything which was what happened in that thread Miriel was talking about. I was hoping to make a thread just like that with EoFFers becoming friends with people they want to befriend but it didn't turn out that way.
    Oh I wouldn't worry too much about it Evastio. After Red Wizards glorious threads that worked out I tried it once and didn't get in the way of results afterwards either. I think the best that came of it was me and Lev talking a bit at one point.

Well, theres always Bahamut 2K and Shads, but shads lives in England and who knows about the other dude.
    I like to live mysteriously.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I don't talk to nearly enough people on here, whenever I try to make a new friend I usually just freak out and don't know what to say. Well if anyone does want to talk my messaging info is on my profile...oh but don't add my yahoo, I deleted that on accident.

Well in the spirit of the original intent of this thread I'll IM some random person, and for those interested can IM me or whatnot and strike up a conversation.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

...this didn't work as well as I thought it would.

Basically way back then I remember Miriel posting this in one of my threads. I was thinking that I'd be able to do the same thing as the person Miriel was talking about, but I guess it didn't work out that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I remember a loong time ago someone (Red Wizard maybe? Rainecloud?) did this get to know your fellow EoFF thing where people posted who they've been wanting to talk to and something something something (I don't remember the specifics) and people ended up with new friends. It was a pretty nifty way to get people to talk to each other without having it too out of the blue and random.
    ...sorry

I guess it was the way I worded the thread topic.
    Hmmm...I vaguely remember something like this, unless my memory is deceiving me.

As for the topic at hand, there are a few EoFFers that I would not mind getting to know better but I am not an outgoing person in that regard. I kinda stick to talking to the same people. Which really means I usually only talk to one person on a semi-regular basis and then randomly IMs others when I want someone to talk to. Though it is nice meeting new people.

I'm sure the effort was appreciated. I always keep my contact info available. I've reached out and bugged a few people. Rarely does a real friendship build off of it. But a few rare gems work out. Which was the whole reason I came back (again). And got what I wanted this time haha. But yeah. I don't mind random IMs from bored people. I'm usually bored and random myself. Also I have a good ear/shoulder, very understanding, patient, whatnot. But yeah. Kudos on the attempt Eva

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i know half the people here not as much as i'd like.. and half of them more then they deserve.

I haven't been here a whole day and I seriously doubt I'd enjoy meeting any of you.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by I Had Sex With Your Mom View Post
    I haven't been here a whole day and I seriously doubt I'd enjoy meeting any of you.
    So uh..get the hell out of here?

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    What a warm welcoming. Your advise has been considered.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What a warm welcoming. Your advise has been considered.
    You expect a warm welcome after calling anyone who posts in your usernotes retarded, and then saying you wouldn't want to meet any of us?

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd enjoy it very much..

*hides bat behind back*

He got banned pretty quick But I assume it was just someone wanting to see how quickly he (they?) could accomplish that.

In any case, I've gotten to know Vyk, Ouch!, AK, Araciel, TTR, Dolentrean, LoM, and a couple others this time around...A few summers ago I really talked to RCABronx and GSpotz. I'm always up for meeting new people though Give an IM or user note if ever you get bored!

...Please?

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

Well in the original get to know and EoFF member nonsense Red Wizard made ages ago he had us report on who we talked to. As for me I sent an IM to Ace14 and we've had many a long conversation this night, and still going.

Hmmm maybe I should bug my old mafia team mates after this.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    What? You think I wasn't serious? Shows how much you know.
    It's not that. I know you guys are serious, but the people that are being mentioned in this thread in your posts aren't really starting up PM conversations with you or anything which was what happened in that thread Miriel was talking about. I was hoping to make a thread just like that with EoFFers becoming friends with people they want to befriend but it didn't turn out that way.
    That wasn't to you, that was to jojee. QUIT MAKING THIS ABOUT YOU!
    :kaofight: