Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11151617181920212223242526273141 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Yeah, it worked. It does go by combined vs. time, so the more human players, the less time it takes. I got the 50 hour challenge today. I used a hammer on the 100 hour challenge, though. That's just too much.

After I got the 50-hour reward song, I went to my factory stage for ten minutes and got six more songs, completing my collection. :P Now I'm working on stickers and trophies. I have 440 trophies or something. I got a ton of them in the coin launcher today.

EDIT: Here's something pretty interesting!

The Tanooki » 25 lost tracks discovered on SSBB disc
    Last edited by Roto13; 03-30-2008 at 05:32 AM.

Wow very cool find roto. 100 hours to long?! Jeez do you not like playing the game or somthing lol? I guess im one of the odd balls that plays for way longer then he or she should... I just got the 50 hour thing today and I still havent used a single hammer yet...then again im not really going after all the challenges (except the CD's you cant pass up on the music in this game).

Any hoot anyone else find the lvl 9s to be rifreakindiculous in this game?

YouTube - ice climbers cpu combo

O_o
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

Yeah Lvl nines are considerably stronger this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Shadow View Post
    Yeah Lvl nines are considerably stronger this time around.
    they're pretty easy 1v1 IMO, it's just even when you do free for all... all computers go after human players. So if it's you versus 3 computers, they will all attack you

I seem to remember hearing that the AI develops as you play with characters more and actually learns those techniques. That ice climber video is pretty cool, and not too difficult to do. Grab, then forward B repeatedly, they'll alternate doing it because one starts out grabbing. Granted, your stupid CPU one may go wild unlike theirs, but it's nice to know how they did it anyways.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Quote Originally Posted by Monol View Post
    Wow very cool find roto. 100 hours to long?! Jeez do you not like playing the game or somthing lol? I guess im one of the odd balls that plays for way longer then he or she should... I just got the 50 hour thing today and I still havent used a single hammer yet...then again im not really going after all the challenges (except the CD's you cant pass up on the music in this game).

Any hoot anyone else find the lvl 9s to be rifreakindiculous in this game?

YouTube - ice climbers cpu combo

O_o

Oh, I like it, but I don't feel like hanging around and playing 100 hours of vs matches. :P

yay, they added wolf to the main site today. Some pretty decent screenies at least.

I recently took a screenie while playing of me as ROB, with his final smash and a hammer, he was unstoppable!

THE JACKEL

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Played it first on the Saturday of Easter weekend. Found it a bit underwhelming in all honesty. Not a bad game by any means, but not as good as I'd been hoping for. My favourite of the new characters is easily Pit who I'm pretty good with. Still good with Marth, Captain Falcon, Samus and Zelda/Sheik. I struggle to use Ganondorf now though due to how much slower he is.

Oh and as for the level maker, the best level any of my friends or I managed to make simply consisted of blocks making up the word TRON. Sounds ridiculous, but it was quite a good level.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Im not overly fond of ganon either but tech chasing with his over b is the coolest feeling the game has to offer. Im really starting to dig ness actually and pits starting to become more fun to use as well.
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

Unfortunately I won't be able to face any of you guys on Wi-Fi. It isn't working for me.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

What's so amazing about this game? I've never played it but you would think it's crack from the way everyone salivates over it.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

It's not that it's amazing, really. It's just that it's popular, and thus people can justifiably state things complete and total exaggerations without feeling bad. Of course, after a certain point, it became cool to state complete and total exaggerations about games barely anyone has played, as it makes them look like gaming veterans.

Of course, some people hear these things about games and they equate these exaggerations to something that is in truth, normally much lower, and apply actions to their experience of the game that would normally equate to such craziness, like marrying the game disc.

Try playing it yourself and getting into it. After a few matches you should see why. (:

Unless you're one of those people that hate Nintendo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    What's so amazing about this game? I've never played it but you would think it's crack from the way everyone salivates over it.
    it's a fighting game, but it isn't

See in other fighting games you typically have the stupid health bar. Well you don't have that in this game. You play on a stage, and try to knock the other characters off of it. Their percentage rises as they take more damage, meaning they get hit further. Eventually, if you get hit hard enough, you can get knocked off the side of the screen or the top of the screen. If not, you can attempt to recover by jumping and using moves to get back to the stage. This makes it more fun than most fighting games, IMO, because it takes something really big to kill you, or you can just last a lot longer. Not only that, you can have 4 people fighting at once, and those matches get really hectic and crazy.

That's one thing I noticed. People complained that this game seems slower than melee, yet, the group battles always seem a hell of a lot more hectic to me.

THE JACKEL

It is slower, but it's more hectic because people have time to think and react. :P

I know I said I wouldn't be doing the Boss Battles challenges, but I just finished getting the one for completing it with every character. ;>_> I'm not doing it on Hard or above, though. Tabuu and his stupid 1-hit kill attacks. Gah!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I know I said I wouldn't be doing the Boss Battles challenges, but I just finished getting the one for completing it with every character. ;>_> I'm not doing it on Hard or above, though. Tabuu and his stupid 1-hit kill attacks. Gah!
    *fast forward one month*
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I know I said I wouldn't be doing it on Hard or above, but I just finished getting the one for completing it with every character.
    Figaro Castle