Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

So have you guys heard a lot of the Codec Conversations yet? There are some like Peach and Lucas that no one have said anything about yet.

There's also this one that I put in an attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I wish I had a Wii

I've never been a hardcore Smash player (this is the first one that I've actually owned... my roommate has the first two), so I'm really just now figuring out how to be good at it.

I've unlocked all the characters and most of the levels, but I can't seem to connect online (I can get updates, though...).

So far I like using Snake best. He slaughters.

I haven't heard any Codec conversations, except the ones on the smash website.

I don't like using Snake though. In fact I hate him. He plays drastically different than most characters, for example, his down smash buries a mine. He doesn't actually attack, and down smash is one of my favorite skills on most characters. So everytime I go to do it with him, he just attempts to bury a mine. He's too different for me to like. And sonic seems to have like 3 of the same moves just performed slightly differently. I honestly don't care for either 3rd party character. I know that will make SOMEONE happy.

at this point:
    Beaten Classic on Easy through Very Hard, haven't tried Intense yet
    Beaten all Single Events on Hard
    Beat SSE on Hard, going back to levels on intense, and attempting to get 100% in the process
    Unlocked most if not all the stages... I think
    Unlocked all the target tests, completed stage 1 with every character, have to do stage 2-5
    Completed 10 man, 100 man, 3 minute, 15 minute brawls. 177 kills on endless, 6 on cruel
    Haven't touched boss battle yet.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I'm really lacking in my current skills. The only characters right now I might be able to beat Very Hard with are Gannon or Metaknight. Possibley Pit, but honestly I don't think I can pull it off with either of them.

And JAckal, when you unlock all the stages one of the windows will open up. So when that happens, you'll know you have all the stages.

4639-8640-1527

here's a tip for getting the max combo awards in training
    For anyone, set the CPU damage to 999 grab them, then keep hitting A to attack them. Depending on how fast they attack, you can get a wide variety of numbers. With Wolf I got 129, with Sonic I got 70 etc.

THE JACKEL
    Last edited by ljkkjlcm9; 03-11-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Wow, all I did was go to the flying pirate ship stage from Melee, take Kirby and constantly punched them into that little cubby on the ship until it went down.

Scored 176 doing that.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Snake apparently has the codec scenes for all of the characters. I'm going through some of them now. He even says something different for Sheik and Zamus. He doesn't seem to say anything for each of the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, though in the conversation, they seem to allude to some parrallels between the 'Pokemon Trainer controlling Pokemon from afar' and Snake being kind of like the Colonel's Pokemon. They don't exactly say it though.

I just played my first online match against randoms and won... there was some noticeable lag though. Got 4 kills, 1 death. Twas fun, but I'd rather play friends.

THE JACKEL

4339-2203-1749

I'm really bad, though.

2964-8307-9430

lets rumble ya'll
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

I only added the 3 people in Roto's list so far because I'm lazy. If you're going to add me, PM me and I'll add you.

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    I don't like using Snake though. In fact I hate him. He plays drastically different than most characters, for example, his down smash buries a mine. He doesn't actually attack, and down smash is one of my favorite skills on most characters. So everytime I go to do it with him, he just attempts to bury a mine. He's too different for me to like. And sonic seems to have like 3 of the same moves just performed slightly differently. I honestly don't care for either 3rd party character. I know that will make SOMEONE happy.
    Quite true.

Strangely enough, I prefer Snake over Sonic. He's been officially confirmed for Brawl longer so I've gotten use to the idea of him in Brawl more. Also his allies talk about Brawl's characters in depth with the Codec Conversations (by the way I found all of them on a GameFaq Guide) which is really neat. I know I keep mentioning that a lot but it's something that helps explain the backgrounds of each of the playable Nintendo characters (and in a humorous way too) which makes the MGS series being in Brawl balance out the fact that they aren't Nintendo by talking about Nintendo facts and trivia. Too bad I can't say the same for Sonic and Sega. :rolleyes2

It's also good to hear you say that because now I don't have to worry about being repeatedly defeated and humiliated by 3rd party characters being used by who I'm guessing is the best EoFF Smasher. No offense to the rest of you. Then again, until we go facing each other on Wi-Fi there's no way to confirm who's the best on EoFF.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I guess I may as well go public!

3050-7237-2675

Also: Evastio, you don't make a damn bit of sense.