Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Also: Evastio, you don't make a damn bit of sense.
    Um, which part? The first paragraph or the second?

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Your continuing illogical dislike for two characters and the fact that you would somehow be more humiliated to lose to someone playing with them simply because they were not in games developed by Nintendo.

I admire it
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

I hope snake will become a top tier character to spite Evastio.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Your continuing illogical dislike for two characters and the fact that you would somehow be more humiliated to lose to someone playing with them simply because they were not in games developed by Nintendo.
    I guess I'll warn you people that are tired of me disliking 3rd party characters to just ignore this post.

Well as you said yourself they're not Nintendo and it's quite awkward for them to be in a Smash Bros. game. What also bugs me is the fact that there's people that're so ecstatic about Snake and Sonic being in Brawl and they're obsessed with it to the point that they'll probably only use those characters. If that's how it'll end up they might as well have called the game Super Smash Rodents and Reptiles. Letting those kind of people defeat me will only encourage those people to continue to only use non-Nintendo characters. Being defeated by characters that are Nintendo is more than okay since that's practically what the Smash Bros. series was all about. However, with all of these 3rd party character fan demands the Smash Bros. series is starting to lose its tradition of staying Nintendo only.

But, now that Brawl is out and it's confirmed that they didn't stick in 3rd party characters and not major Nintendo characters like Falco, Marth, and Mr. Game & Watch I'm not as against it as I used to be. That's not going to stop me from picking on 3rd party characters on Wi-Fi though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I hope snake will become a top tier character to spite Evastio.
    That'd be the same day Aunt Jemima and Mona Lisa are confirmed characters that are crazy hard to unlock that belong in the undefeatable tier. :rolleyes2

Seriously, (and I'm saying this as unbiasely as possible) MLG players tend to think lowly of characters with awkward play styles (like Mewtwo, Yoshi, and Mr. Game & Watch) and have stuck them in the Bottom Tier because of that. I'm guessing Snake, the Pokemon Trainer, and Olimar aren't exceptions to that. That's not going to stop me from using low/bottom tier characters though.

Well I don't have a code since I play on my friend's Wii and we already seem to have enough people around at random times that we haven't had to get online. I'll probably try and play some of you in the future though.

Also, no love for Olimar? I'll have fun throwing you all off balance with him. Other than him I'm so far really liking Wolf and Dedede.
    What I've been listening to:

Actually I am growing fond of Olimar and his wacky play style.

Quote Originally Posted by El Bandito View Post
    Also, no love for Olimar?
    I guess it did kind of sound like I was insulting him. But you do have to admit that he does play quite awkwardly compared to other characters and that MLG (major league gaming) players don't really like characters like that. Personally I'm okay with them and don't look down on them at all. Otherwise I would've never become really awesome with the Ice Climbers.

well I've added every friend code in this thread, and once enough of you add me too, we should get a friendly game going
    THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I'll be adding you in a moment my friend.

Also, the more I use the likes of Snake, the better he seems to be actually.

He feels slow at first, but thats a bit deceptive, as he isn't as slow as he first appears. Though his down b still sucks.

And no, this isn't just because Evastio hates him I'm saying this.

Edit: I've added you all now. Also, I've already gotten a chance to play Pill, and we seem about the same level. Though the stage did kill us a few times, so I could be wrong on that assumption.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 03-12-2008 at 01:30 AM.

Snake is actually very strong, he's just not my playstyle. When forced to use him, his Forward smash is incredibly strong when it connects.

On another note, I've started doing the missions in SSE over on intense. Stickers can be a big help. Just remember people, it's only the strongest of a type that takes effect. Don't put a leg +8 and a leg +12... only the +12 will work. If you're adding a +12 instead of the 8, be sure to get rid of the 8 to have some room!

THE JACKEL

Heh heh, uh, I guess now would be a good time to tell you people that I don't have Brawl and probably won't be able to get it as soon as I would've wanted to. :riiight:

I guess I'll have to accept the fact that you guys are going to get a lot more practice than me and I probably won't do as well as you guys on Wi-Fi. But then again, I've faced my friends in Melee that've been playing it from 2001 while I only started playing it from 2007 and I've actually caught up to them quite fast. I did it once and I can do it again.

I hope...

I managed to beat Jackal with Jiggly, so I'm content.

Lost with Meta though, and hes the funnest

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I managed to beat Jackal with Jiggly, so I'm content.

Lost with Meta though, and hes the funnest
    lol, I was having major lag issues in that match and the next one. My buttons were very unresponsive, I was just trying to jump to stay alive on that stage. But as soon as you made the Dragoon I knew I was dead lol.

now is dinner time though!

THE JACKAL

I guess it is good in some ways that I'm getting it late. There'll probably be less people trying out Wi-Fi once I get it since people'll be frustrated at its laginess from too many people trying it out. So once I try it out it'll be a lot faster than it is right now.