10 66.67%
  • Guitar Hero (Every Version)

5 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Default Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

Which game is more WIN!

My vote is Rock Band because it has a better song pick and songs from better artists (Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld from South Park was EPIC.)

And Guitar Hero isn't always on beat/rhythm. The notes sometimes come too early or late for the actual beat. In other words, I believe it has worse notation than Rock Band.

Edit: By every version I mean:

(SPOILER)
    Rock Band
    Rock Band 2
    Rock Band:Track Pack 1
    Rock Band: Track Pack 2
    Edit: Also,
    Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack (Thanks to PuPu for reminding me!)

Guitar Hero
    Guitar Hero 2
    Guitar Hero 3
    Guitar Hero 4 (World Tour)
    Guitar Hero: On Tour (The First DS Version of the Game)
    Guitar Hero: 70s
    Guitar Hero: 80s
    AND EVERY ING OTHER GUITAR HERO GAME IN THE WORLD!
    Last edited by DarkBahamut; 04-16-2009 at 07:35 AM.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Banned

Rock Band also has an AC/DC track pack. There is no Guitar Hero 70s.
    The other Guitar Hero games are:
    Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades
    Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
    Guitar Hero: Metallica

Also, there is no way for me to determine whichever one is the best. It goes in the order from favorite to least favorite:

1. Guitar Hero 3
    2. Guitar Hero Metallica
    3. Rock Band 2
    4. Guitar Hero 2
    5. Guitar Hero World Tour
    6. Everything else

Rock Band 1 sucked, because it's timing system with hammer ons was horrible and insanely strict. But Rock Band 2 did a much better job.

Also:
    Rock Band because it has a better song pick and songs from better artists
    It's got more, but not necessarily better. Sorry, but Naked Brothers Band isn't really that good in my opinion.

I personally like Rock Band 2 better, though I have a few songs on Guitar Hero I like. I will personally play whichever game has songs I am in the mood for.

So, depending on what songs I want to play, my vote usually jumps back and forth, though Rock Band 2 has more songs I enjoy.

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

Rock Band makes me mad because I'm always drums and I have poor rythym.

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    Rock Band also has an AC/DC track pack. There is no Guitar Hero 70s.
    The other Guitar Hero games are:
    Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades
    Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
    Guitar Hero: Metallica

Also, there is no way for me to determine whichever one is the best. It goes in the order from favorite to least favorite:

1. Guitar Hero 3
    2. Guitar Hero Metallica
    3. Rock Band 2
    4. Guitar Hero 2
    5. Guitar Hero World Tour
    6. Everything else

Rock Band 1 sucked, because it's timing system with hammer ons was horrible and insanely strict. But Rock Band 2 did a much better job.

Also:
    Rock Band because it has a better song pick and songs from better artists
    It's got more, but not necessarily better. Sorry, but Naked Brothers Band isn't really that good in my opinion.
    Oh sorry for my mistakes. Yeah, one of the few songs I hate in Rock Band is the Naked Brothers Band one.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

I used to love Guitar Hero and hate Rock Band. There was a time in which my brother and I played Rock Band using ONLY the guitars and that was lame... so for a period of time, my brother and I fought against the vast majority of those who preferred Rock Band as we wondered "Why on earth would you think Rock band is funner?" but then we went to a party where all of the kids were playing Rock band so we decided to give it a try. We finally tried Drums and Vocals and we were overcome with an indescribable feeling of pure joy when we played as a full band. We then decided to get a Rock band set of our own and we found ourselves getting better and better. Heck, we even gotten used to the timing of the guitar and the bass! ( now we can't go back to Guitar Hero LOL)

We had a few problems in Rock Band 1 that were fixed in Rock band 2 such as the "Band Leader" bullcrap. (Yet, that is one of the more minor problems) What really made me mad is how strict the hammer on system is. (Though it has been vastly improved in the sequel, I still prefer the Guitar hero system of Hammer Ons and Pull offs)

I like the song selection but, as said above, they have SOME horrible songs such as Naked Brothers Band. But hey, some people do want those kid songs. Hell, I got the Spongebob pack (Which I love!) and Rock band also has a wider variety of downloadable songs.

Guitar Hero, in my opinion, is now in the shadow of what Rock Band is now because it's obvious that Guitar Hero is struggling to achieve the same ratings as Rock Band.

What else is there to say...? I'll edit this post later. (I'm sleepy now.)

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Guitar Hero
    Rock Band makes me shudder
    the Drums for Rock Band are, i'll admitt, a little better than guitar hero
    but the guitar makes me cry with its epic lameness
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Music games have been steadily going down hill since GH2. I can't even bring myself to play the new ones anymore.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Don't play Rock (no seriously, "Rock" was the name) World Tour... don't even seek to find out way, just DON'T.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rock Band. Generally better songs, much more stylish graphics, a hell of a lot of fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Rock Band appeals to all rock-lovers, and in Guitar Hero, particulalry the recent ones, you either got some 80's hair metal or emo , and I hate both. =/

But GH4 has Lenny Kravitz...

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Or instead of wasting a year on your life playing guitar hero, and for a cheaper price, pick up a real guitar and learn to play a real one. its more fun.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn of Sephiroth View Post
    Or instead of wasting a year on your life playing guitar hero, and for a cheaper price, pick up a real guitar and learn to play a real one. its more fun.
    Or you can do both, because it's not like a person has to choose between playing Guitar Hero and playing actual guitar.

I've beaten:

GH
    GH2
    GH3
    GHWT
    GH: Metallica
    Rock Band

With the exception of Green Grass and High Tides (which was the most enjoyable song in the guitar-simulation genre I've played), I didn't care for most of the guitar tracks in RB1. I'll get Rock Band 2 eventually. I don't really care for "choosing" between the two, because it's all basically the same to me. They're never going to give me the kind of music that I like, so I just play them because it's fun. They're all fun. I don't play them for the graphics, so that doesn't matter to me.

So I don't really seem the point in me saying one is better than the other. It's all the same concept to me, because I don't play it for the music.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Or instead of wasting five years of your life getting up to a semi-decent level of guitar proficiency, you could spend five hours getting good enough at Guitar Hero to have a hell of a lot of fun. I don't have time to learn to play an instrument I don't care much about; I do have time to play a videogame which only requires marginally more practice than any other videogame.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Or instead of wasting five years of your life getting up to a semi-decent level of guitar proficiency, you could spend five hours getting good enough at Guitar Hero to have a hell of a lot of fun. I don't have time to learn to play an instrument I don't care much about; I do have time to play a videogame which only requires marginally more practice than any other videogame.
    I've only been playing 2 years and I'm above a semi-decent level and I've taught myself. I do know that GH and RB is fun, but to me its only fun with friends at parties and such. But to play alone is kinda boring to me and I'd just prefer to actually play it. More fun to me that way.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!