Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 162630313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

ugh, ok, they WOULD be nice, were they on a real person ok?! HAPPY NOW?!

thanks NeoCracker, but as you said, you haven't played as her much so does anybody else want to comment on the Samus/Zamus matter? perhaps somebody who's used her a fair bit in both games?

EDIT: and another thing, why does Zamus' gun suck so much? apparently her whip is uber powerful :rolleyes2 but her gun fires like, 2 metres and doesn't even do that much so WHY is she considered so strong and high-tiered, WHY was Samus (apparently) nerfed because of her? and WHY didn't they put dark samus or ridley as playable characters?

dark samus had so much potential...she could be a semi-clone of samus, but with Phazon rage-mode as her final smash and a freeze rocket as her 'charge shot' (neutral b) which temporarily froze the opponent depending on how long you charged it (like Lucas' PK Freeze)...that would be cool ...and MAYBE for recovery she could have like, feet rocket things like on Corruption instead of screw attack
    Last edited by .:kerrod:.; 05-21-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Her gun sucking is probably just in reference to Metroid Zero Mission when she temporarily loses her armor and her gun sucks.

I haven't played much as Zero Suit Samus, but from what I've seen, she just plays a lot differently than other characters. I'm sure if you got used to her specific play style it wouldn't be too bad to play as her.

My Brawl code is: 0430-9108-8294

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Her gun sucking is probably just in reference to Metroid Zero Mission when she temporarily loses her armor and her gun sucks.

I haven't played much as Zero Suit Samus, but from what I've seen, she just plays a lot differently than other characters. I'm sure if you got used to her specific play style it wouldn't be too bad to play as her.
    Yeah, ZSS is completely different from other characters. The armor pieces do a lot of damage and have great knockback, so be sure to throw them after transforming. The third jump is actually her down special, while her up special can be used as a tether. You can also use her up special multiple times in a jump. Using it twice in midair will cause all opponents hit to be spiked down. With the side special, the end of the whip will first push the target, then send them flying a good distance, but if you miss, you will be open for an attack.

she better be good, cos Samus is looking pretty crap at the moment and if they BOTH suck, then Nintendo can die in a fire...

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why do you think Samus looks like crap? She's still one of the most fun characters to play, in my opinion.

well all of the reports i've heard say she has no strengths and many weaknesses, now that she's slow, weaker rockets, etc. and i know i'm really basing this off nothing, but i just want to make sure she's still able to hold her own

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Samus is awesome. I don't see much of a difference at all between how she was in Melee and now.

Zero Suit Samus is awesome to play as too; sure, some of her moves have a bit of a lag, but they are quite effective after all. You just have to aim well.

Samus definatly got nerfed...But she has the most enjoyable new play style (next to pikachu) on the competitive scene.

Use Z in the air...her grappler *drools* so fun...use it, love it, destroy with it!

As long as you fight with the aerial grappler than shes the most fun veteran from melee by far

Yay samus!
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

well it's good to finally hear GOOD reports about Samus man i'm sick of waiting for this game...i still play melee every chance i get, but it's still 33 friggin days 'til Brawl is released here poor form, nintendo, poor form...

while we're here, does somebody feel like explaining what wavedashing is? i know they took it out of brawl, but i've never gotten a straight answer as to what it actually is in melee...

also, can toon link charge his up b like big link can?

That's what we have Main Page - SmashWiki for!

Quote Originally Posted by SSB For Samus
    Changes from Melee to Brawl

* Perfectly-timed side-B results in a Super Missile
    * Super missiles do vertical knockback
    * Screw Attack traps opponents (as in Super Smash Bros.)
    * Bomb jumping is harder to do
    * Less knockback on neutral aerial
    * Down Tilt more powerful
    * Bombs no longer explode on enemy contact
    * Can't perform moves out of Morph Ball form after bomb jumping
    * Slightly slower
    * Homing Missiles home better
    As for Pro's and Con's in SSBB:

Pros:

* Multiple useful projectiles. Her Charge Shot and Super Missiles are some of the most powerful projectiles in the game, and her Homing missiles are extremely useful.
    * Can missile-cancel
    * Down Aerial is a powerful spike
    * Down Smash is quick and powerful
    * Back Aerial still a good finisher, and Down Tilt is an even better one
    * Forward, Neutral, and Up Aerials and Up Smash are quick and have high priority
    * Bomb Jumping gives great horizontal recovery
    * Tether Recovery option with Grapple Beam
    * She is very heavy. Combined with great recovery options and lack of a huge target for her weight, Samus is one of the hardest characters to KO.
    * Grab has incredible range
    * Jab is quick, has a large hitbox, even hitting behind Samus, and clanks with most moves.
    * Aerial tether has incredible range, decent stun, and no landing lag. (A technique known as Grapple Canceling or Grapple Boxing)
    * Charge shot from a perfect shield block has guaranteed damage.
    * Lots of combo options.
    * If the situation requires it, the player can transform into Zero Suit Samus by using her up & down taunts.

[edit] Cons:

* Quick, high priority moves have low knockback and damage
    * Grab is slow if it misses
    * Somewhat sluggish
    * Large Target
    * Powerful moves are on the slow side, making it hard for Samus to score quick kills
    * Slow rolling
    * Can be juggled in the air due to being floaty
    * A forced change in play style if Final Smash is used.
    * Taunting to change into Zero Suit Samus is relatively hard to pull off correctly.

I do like Zero Suit Samus though. <3

AFter lag started slowing down, and we stopped killing ourselves, me and Jackal were having fairly good match.

Until we disconnected.

Which means our relatively good match was like, 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    AFter lag started slowing down, and we stopped killing ourselves, me and Jackal were having fairly good match.

Until we disconnected.

Which means our relatively good match was like, 10 seconds.
    lol yeah, but I'm waiting for evastio to sign on, we're suppose to have our tournament match. At first I thought you were him lol

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Oh, right, the tournament.

Completely forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Oh, right, the tournament.

Completely forgot about that.
    lol it's cool, evastio hasn't signed on yet... and I'm going to the movies soon. If he doesn't sign on, then idk. Maybe tomorrow before I go to work we can get our match in.

but the lag definitely killed me at the beginning of our match lol
    and there were times where I pressed shield, and you hit me and I went flying, then he did an air dodge.... yay lag!

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9