developer1: "How about gunblade then?"
    developer3: "I agree, that much better."
    developer4: "Good call, developer2"
    developer2: "But thats not what i mean-"
    boss: "It's settled then. It will be called the gunblade."
    developer1: "I'm glad we caught it early on."
    developer2: "But.." *headdesk*

Quote Originally Posted by Soulforge View Post
    in any case, I'm going to be building a functioning gunblade- or as close to it as I can get without having to register it with the ATF (lol!) so it's a pretty neat coincidence that this discussion should come up as I log into EOFF. I'd like to collect as many theories and ideas as possible.
    could you provide production notes as this interests me
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    could you provide production notes as this interests me
    For sure- hit up my deviantART account for production shots and such. I'll be posting as soon as I start work on it- as for now I'm looking over various revolver designs and drawing up plans.

"You came back for me...that's all that matters."

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    From the sounds of it, the bullet isn't actually fired in any way. Instead, it appears to be lodged in the barrel, so that when the trigger is pulled, the force of the bullet not being able to be fired is transfered to the blade.

Have i got this right, or am i totally on the wrong path?
    Thank you for the excerpt from Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania.

Your theory on how the gunblade functions sounds correct. I think it is necessary to keep in mind that the weapon was likely drafted without practicality in mind. I remember hearing complaints from the fan community several years ago about how unseemly the gunblade and blaster edge are.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

ok i realize this is about the gunblade... but has anyone figured out the exact time to hit the trigger for quistis, rinoa, zell, selphie and the sniper character you get later in the game???

Quote Originally Posted by Vaan1980 View Post
    ok i realize this is about the gunblade... but has anyone figured out the exact time to hit the trigger for quistis, rinoa, zell, selphie and the sniper character you get later in the game???
    Hitting the trigger does nothing for them. It only works for Squall and Seifer. Period.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Hitting the trigger does nothing for them. It only works for Squall and Seifer. Period.
    if you dont know irvine's name, then you shouldnt post in this forum.

Gunblades have a gun-like handle which contains a firing mechanism but are not considered projectile as the firing mechanism only makes the blade vibrate causing extra damage, and does not fire any actual shells.

Of course, you could make a gun blade that can actually shoot, such as Yazoo from Advent children, but it doesn't work the same, that's literally a gun, and a blade.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Default hey now

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    give me a break it's been several years since i've played FFVIII and i haven't gotten to the point where he joins back up with you....

If half of your posts are going to be spam or something "Funny", then you shouldn't post in this forum.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    If half of your posts are going to be spam or something "Funny", then you shouldn't post in this forum.
    lol and what would that comment be xD

without spam, this forum wouldve died a long time ago.

and yes, i count FE's theories as spam.

and for this topic as well.. how does it work? Its a freaking video game filled with magic, for all we know faeries are stored in the bullet chambers. xD

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

and for this topic as well.. how does it work? Its a freaking video game filled with magic, for all we know faeries are stored in the bullet chambers. xD
    My thoughts exactly. Once a video game world strays in any aspect from the realities ans laws of magic and physics in our world, one shouldn't expect any aspect of that game world to be explained with the realities of our world.

There is a reason it's called fiction.
    Figaro Castle

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I always assumed that the gunblade would act like a normal sword, but if you pulled the trigger as you were landing the blow, it would shoot a bullet as you brought the sword down and thus increase the damage as it were.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

this is what i think. a gunblade is a lot like the vibroblade from star wars. when you pull the trigger of the gunblade, bullets filled with kinetic energy emit the energy into the blade, causing it to vibrate extremely fast thus making cutting things easier. for those who wish to argue about the bullets and reloading this i how it works. when ever squall swings his gunblade the kinetic energy he creates fills any empty shells in the cylinder.

mind you this is only an idea of how it works.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Squall's Gunblade case has spots for three bullets iirc. Which means he doesn't consume them, but may need to replace after continuous use. So the shockwave theory is the one I support.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.