Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guess Whos Back? Back Again? Shady's Back! Tell a Friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    If only he would have simply of become a poet or some such thing instead of a rapper...
    Please elaborate. There's nothing wrong with being a rapper, name me one reason why he should of been a poet instead?
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Pre-Encore I only liked a handful of his songs.

Cleaning out my Closet, Without me, Stan, and a few others.

I actually found Encore to be the best album he released. Songs like Mosh, Mocking Bird, and some of the others were terrific to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    If only he would have simply of become a poet or some such thing instead of a rapper...
    Please elaborate. There's nothing wrong with being a rapper, name me one reason why he should of been a poet instead?
    Because his music suffers greatly from ty commerical beats and lame choruses.

Blog Entries

As opposed to no beats or choruses, and indeed, no sound whatsoever

there was a picture here

He would've been a lot better with some decent production, in my opinion. I don't necessarily agree with Nominus, but I see what he means.

Assuming Nominus' post wasn't just trolling, anyway.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Ryth basically spoke for me.

What I mean to say is that I appreciate the lyrical methodology of Eminem, and have found that many of his lyrics are founded in the wonderful vein of poetry. But they begin to decay once the other elements are added into the "musical production", which can be anything from recursive beats and popular influences to simply leading into a bland, tasteless foray of popular music.

And no, Hazzard, there is nothing wrong with being rapper, and it was rather inane of you to extrapolate such a thing from my post.

In short, what I am saying is that if he had been a poet, I would read and likely enjoy his poetry. But as it stands, he is a rapper - a popular one at that - and with such a title and "acting position", he has lost much of the lyrical genius to the surrounding affairs of that particular musical genre's nature of today.

I could say the same of a select few other rappers, but we are speaking of Eminem at the moment.

And no, Hazzard, there is nothing wrong with being rapper, and it was rather inane of you to extrapolate such a thing from my post.
    I think we can forgive Hazzard for that, considering how much needless, stupid hate the rap genre has gotten here on EoFF. Overall, it is one of the more polarizing genres today anyway.

I more or less agree with your stance, Eminem has powerful lyrics but everything else is bland and annoying (a position I have previously made clear). Instead of him being a poet in the traditional sense, I'd rather him just get some decent beats going on. Now I really don't listen to Eminem outside of nostalgic purposes, I used to really be into him. Now it's all just Liquid Swords and Organized Konfusion, baby.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eminem amuses the hell outta me. I'll download it.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Ryth basically spoke for me.

What I mean to say is that I appreciate the lyrical methodology of Eminem, and have found that many of his lyrics are founded in the wonderful vein of poetry. But they begin to decay once the other elements are added into the "musical production", which can be anything from recursive beats and popular influences to simply leading into a bland, tasteless foray of popular music.

In short, what I am saying is that if he had been a poet, I would read and likely enjoy his poetry. But as it stands, he is a rapper - a popular one at that - and with such a title and "acting position", he has lost much of the lyrical genius to the surrounding affairs of that particular musical genre's nature of today.

I could say the same of a select few other rappers, but we are speaking of Eminem at the moment.
    Actually, I know exactly where your coming from. And honestly, I won't argue with your views and opinions. The only thing I have to say is that almost nothing is entirely perfect. But even if most of you guys dislike Eminem or the entire genre of Rap/Hip Hop for that matter, it doesn't mean that it will disappear off the face of the Earth. With that being said, I'm still going to get Eminem's new CD when it comes out and try my best to enjoy it.
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES