Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leveling

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Default Leveling

I've made it to lvl 99 or 100 (depending on which game) in pretty much every FF game and I just pulled this out and remembered how much I enjoyed it in this game over the others, especially since all the abilities come from the weapons and items you own.

Anyone else feel like this because I know how much I hated doing it in VI and VIII.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

IX is my favorite after VI. I enjoy the emphasis it places on fantasy over realism and how each character fills a specific role.
    Figaro Castle

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's odd, FFIX is one where I didn't get to the highest possible level... not because I dislike the game; in fact, I love it to bits. But levelling is quite a grind in FFIX, for me anyway, so I guess I just never bothered to get higher than... oh, 80-ish at the most.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    It's odd, FFIX is one where I didn't get to the highest possible level... not because I dislike the game; in fact, I love it to bits. But levelling is quite a grind in FFIX, for me anyway, so I guess I just never bothered to get higher than... oh, 80-ish at the most.
    This is basically my opinion, but I didn't even get past 60

Where I love FFIX with all my heart, I hate grinding. Plus beating things at low levels is more rewarding :P

omni odin-why didnt you like levelling in viii? its sooooo easy in that one
    theres a few areas you can go up a level each battle

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

It's precisely the "everyone has a specific role" feel that attracts me back to IX. Can't really get interested in the everyone-is-everything latter-day stuff, which starts to feel like Sims with swords each new installment. Level grinding is a chore no matter the game, though...no faultin' someone for not hitting max experience.

I enjoyed leveling in IX because of the fact that you can learn abilities from your weapons and armor. I try to make all my characters every single ability that they are able to learn. And yes, I love the fact that everyone has a set job, just like IV and XII:RW. We need more FFs that has characters with set jobs.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I've attempted to have a full party at Level 99 but I've gave up on it a few years ago. Not worth it in my opinion
    ...Geddit?

The party I use are all around 75. Past that it gets too easy.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i had them on 65 after playing the entire storyline, didnt really feel like lvling.. did that enough during the game and i wanted to see how it ended.

I never do that. There's really no reward, so I just level until I beat the optional uber-boss. I beat Ozma at about 60, so that's probably where I'm staying.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

By the time I got to the 'lol let's level up mindlessly' point, I got bored of it super fast and just finished the game.

I've never really been a grinding person until I played in WoW, cause it's like, really impossible to do anything without grinding in there lol.

But yeah, with the Final Fantasy's I was more of a figure out where you get the highest XP from and then get a level or two higher then continue on. I've never really had the patience to grind to the highest level ever.
    I'll figure it out later...

IX would probably still remain one of my favourite Final Fantasys. My characters reached over the 80 mark, at that point I was able to beat Ozma so I had no reason to keep leveling. Trying to Level after 60 is a nightmare, but where theres a will theres a way.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I enjoyed levelling up to get access to abilities early in the game, but by disc four when you've pretty much got all the abilities you need and can equip whichever abilities you want on your characters, I didn't really have much interest in it. I think the highest I've gotten up to in an FF game was 80-ish in FFVII, but I certainly never broke 70 in FFIX.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.