Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leveling

I enjoyed leveling in IX because you learn many abilities on the way, it does get boring by disc 4 though. Its a shame you dont need to be anywhere near level 99 to even beat bosses like Ozma.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

If you want to level up a LOT. Go fight the Yans. Inflige Virus status to anyone who reached level 99 and FIGHT! If you fight 3 Yans and only one character is alive/don't have virus status, you gain a mighty 80k exp, and 120k if you have the level up ability. However, in case you do not know this:

These are the strongest random monster of the game. And are stronger than every single boss, appart from Ozma, Hades and maybe Quale.

They are extremly fast and they will most probably attack you 2 to 3 times EACH before you even get to move ONCE.

Don't fear their comet attack too much, but still pay attention. They have 3 random effects:
    1-Miss (Happens quite often)
    2-Will do very low damage (roughly 100)
    3-Almost istant kill (over 6k damage, and an easy 9999 if you have low magic def)

I did that with Garnet, and grew up from level 60 to 80 in less than 3 hours.

Huh... Quale and Hades are laughable compared to group of three or even two Yans.
    About Comet... it does random damage. And ignores magic defence.

I love leveling up. I just killed a crapload of Yans and before I knew everyone was level 99.

Funny tho that Yans Resist to Holy and are Weak to Shadow :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    ... and how each character fills a specific role.
    could have been even better with one strong white mage instead of two

what were them weird random battles about though?like with the squirrel asking for ore near the ice cave or the "pop Quiz" things near the black mage vilage :S they were soo confusing. I just attacked them and they ran lol

Quote Originally Posted by Roserashi View Post
    These are the strongest random monster of the game. And are stronger than every single boss, appart from Ozma, Hades and maybe Quale.

They are extremly fast and they will most probably attack you 2 to 3 times EACH before you even get to move ONCE.
    Yans can be put to sleep, they're harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sepiroth View Post
    what were them weird random battles about though?like with the squirrel asking for ore near the ice cave or the "pop Quiz" things near the black mage vilage :S they were soo confusing. I just attacked them and they ran lol
    intelligence test

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sepiroth View Post
    If you answer all the Pop Quiz questions correctly, you win stuff. If you give the right gem to every friendly monster, then you get rewarded with a massive advantage in the Ozma battle.

I don't think you ever need to be LV99 in FFIX, nowhere near in fact. So no, I've never done it. Since Ozma's the only thing I've still not done (and since I probably only need about ten more levels to have a more solid chance of defeating it; I hate leaving it up to luck) I'm not too concerned.

FFking! and FFK_reborn Shadowdeathrose's Avatar

I always go for the "ultimate" in a final fantasy it's always worth it... the achievment of doing it makes you feel better just looking at "lvl 99" on the screen it's brilliant and yeah IX is possibly the best FF for this. if not the BEST FF all round. Natural with a hint of fantasy i love it
    Yes i do thank the person that made my sig all them months ago...just let me know who you are Luv ya x x

The Original FFK and FFK_Reborn is back

Blog Entries

Default not to brag

I liked getting up to level 99. The way I did it was fight some behemuth in the final dungeon with just one character (or two mages). Now I really like learning auto life, auto regen, and auto haste. Those three abilities make it worth while. While I got every ability of weapons and armor except for steiners excalibur I. I don't know what the name of it is. But with everyone else I can go through stats and see every ability.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Default asdf

If you get to level 100, do you still earn ap?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    If you get to level 100, do you still earn ap?
    I think you still gain ap and exp although exp is worthless at level 99.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.