Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naruto: Awesome or Opossum?

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Meh. While I do enjoy me a good shounen beat 'em up series, I prefer Bleach to Naruto, as Bleach has a wide cast of interesting characters whereas Naruto's cast I could care less about. Plot-wise Bleach is also more interesting, to me at least.

Part of this may be because I REALLY don't care about Sasuke at all. Never really liked him, what with the silent and grumpy thing. At least Ishida, Sasuke's Bleach counterpart (and amusingly enough voiced by the same Japanese seiyuu Noriaka Sugiyama) is entertaining.

Naruto also generally annoyed me, incompetent and stupid heroes aren't necessarily my thing, and Naruto just wasn't that compelling of a hero to me. He was a brat, and I didn't really like that. His Bleach counterpart Ichigo, on the other hand, was a punk, and I prefer both his variety of slapstick and the more general comedic interactions he has, as well as his general more serious facade.

Sakura's obsession with Sasuke and apparent inability to be otherwise worthwhile made me disregard her as a character pretty much immediately. Her Bleach counterpart, Orihime (or Rukia, I'm going with Orihime for this one) is hilarious and adorable, which mitigates that.

I have been told Shippuden is much better, but I'm not invested in the characters now, so while I'll read it in my sister's Shounen Jump if it's available, I'm not really interested in pursuing it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Saw a few episodes, it was okay. Nice music n.n

Naruto fans are scary .-.

Blog Entries

The characters were supposed to start off annoying, and mature in Shippuuden. Unfortunately they put so much filler into Part 1 (starting with huge half-episode flashbacks of the episode before, then moving onto filler material and episodes, then the entire 3-4 series of the stuff) it lasted forever and a day, instead of like a year. So people see it as the be all and end all of the series, and not just the first part.

I'll admit it... I'm a Naruto fan .

I think why I have enjoyed it so much is that I never even heard of it until about 2 years ago, so never got involved with all the hype of what the kids see in it... Still have not even viewed a Naruto site(never will,).

So, I never got the disposition from the die hard Naruto fan nerds. I think I'll just enjoy it as I go along through the series... Still stuck at the end of season 4... Want to learn where the rest is =P

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    The characters were supposed to start off annoying, and mature in Shippuuden. Unfortunately they put so much filler into Part 1 (starting with huge half-episode flashbacks of the episode before, then moving onto filler material and episodes, then the entire 3-4 series of the stuff) it lasted forever and a day, instead of like a year. So people see it as the be all and end all of the series, and not just the first part.
    If it takes that long to make the series not annoying, planned or not, it's not an example of compelling writing.

I only found three characters to be annoying. (However they were the three mains, Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura. )

For the most part I think the characters were rather good aside from them though.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I only found three characters to be annoying. (However they were the three mains, Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura. )

For the most part I think the characters were rather good aside from them though.
    I think the only characters I particularly enjoyed were Shikamaru and Jiraiya. Shikamaru is fairly awesome though.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Kishimoto has been improving a lot since the early chapters, art and story, everything is better.

I dont know about the anime..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Real ninjas are cool. Naruto ninjas are not. It's a disgrace - real ninjas don't run around acting like stuck up kids in colourful clothing, shouting and casting magical spells.

Just ask Ask a Ninja. He'll tell you what a disgrace Naruto is.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post

I think the only characters I particularly enjoyed were Shikamaru and Jiraiya. Shikamaru is fairly awesome though.
    Yes, those two are in fact awesome. Sasori is also quite cool, but you don't see him until Shippuuden.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarc the Swordsman View Post
    Real ninjas are cool. Naruto ninjas are not. It's a disgrace - real ninjas don't run around acting like stuck up kids in colourful clothing, shouting and casting magical spells.

Just ask Ask a Ninja. He'll tell you what a disgrace Naruto is.
    Saddly Ask a Ninja is also a disgrace.

Another thing that would help Naruto is if they called them something other then Ninja.

Hell, Chakra user would be superior.

i like the show i like the shippuden episodes more. i wish naruto would get some cooler attacks soon though. the rasengan is cool and his variations of it but come on other ninjas have way more then him. its always shadow clone, rasengan nothing else time for some new attacks.

the story is pretty good though im hopeing once sasuke finishes his buisness with itachi he and naruto become frineds again. oh and things would just be so much better if even despite the manag calling toby madara he does turn out to be obito it just makes sense.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    I can not be arsed to watch Naruto but No Boy No Cry is a badass song and I'll give Naruto props just for using it for a theme song.
    What's No Boy No Cry? Which season/volume is that for?

I actually like Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. Sasuke reminds me of the attitude I held growing up. Naruto reminds me of my cousin whom we called "Buddy" and Sakura reminds me of his sister whom I absolute adore to this day.
    As for more serious considerations of character behavior and development, I like Shikamaru, Shino, Neji, and even Rock Lee.
    I've always been interested in Kakashi and the Hokages as well.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I'm afraid I haven't got a clue, my good man. I just heard that they used that Stance Punks for a Naruto theme song.

This one! But the video version is slightly suckier than the album version, even though it's still a good track.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    What's No Boy No Cry?
    A brilliant opening theme, but also a sign that the fillers have started... enjoy them because there's a couple of years worth

Default ok, ok

I love naruto, and i'll admit i'm a hardcore narutard. ^^

But even I have to admit that fillers suck. The american version of the show is REALLY bad, mainly 'cause of the voices, but the manga is brilliant. But, all Shonen manga is the same.

The main characters always get their asses whooped, and most of the time come across as annoying. (especially naruto) But, this show DEFINATLY has to grow on you. It's not like you watch an episode and you love it. so... I LOVE NARUTO! (hurray Kakashi!)