Thread: Yiazmat: how difficult is he???

*yawn* Yiazmat: how difficult is he???

i believe gilgamesh was a lot more difficult than Yiazmat at the time i fought him. i managed to kill Yiazmat only in my 3rd visit to him. Vaan with berserk, haste, protect, bravery, bubble belt and Ragnarok. Fran haste protect, shell, bubble, cat-ear hood and Artemis bow with assasin's arrows. And Penelo haste, protect, shell, bubble, sage's ring and cloud staff. i had Vaan attack him physically, penelo casting Scathe and gambit hp<70% curaja and Fran attacking with her bow, casting bubble and hastega when needed and gambits ally=stop chronos tear, ally=KO phoenix down and ally=petrify gold needle. he took me about 7 hours in total to take all his HP away. the only annoying part with Yiazmat was his high HP. gilgamesh in the other hand (i was too low level for him) i tried around 20 times to kill him. and the worst was that i didn't know about the genji staff he had and i didn't steal from him.
    Gilgamesh>Yiazmat

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Gilgamesh was easy. Tough was getting out of the mine
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

i thought gilgamesh was cake. erm....

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!

Gilgamesh was way easy but I was lvl 45-52 when I did that hunt. But I forgot about stealing the gear... it never dawned on me til I saved. Lol..(new save file anyone?) But now with my lvl 70's (and my lone precious lvl 93 Penelo!), I still cant do much to yazmat before he wipes me outta stock and mp. (someone play a violin for this man!) any direction to help is welcomed and appreciated!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gilgamesh was no problem for me, but Yiazmat took one heck of a long time. Lots of levelling up, sidequests, and level grinding before I could take him down.

they werent hard at all i forgot my levels but i did gilgamesh on first try and yiazmat on my 3rd werent hard just took for freaking ever

i think the only annoying part about Yiazmat is his high HP. i had Vaan 95 ,Fran 85, Penelo 85. all you have to do is to cure his stop status and you'll be fine. when i first read about Yiazmat i thought he was something like a god. everyone told me how hard he is. LIES.

I can't remember what my levels were when I fought him, but the last 5 million HPs for him was the hardest for me; I hated his deathstrike. Though I do got to say that I found Zodiark a lot more harder than Yazmat.

The last 1.5 million hps of Yazmat's health was destroyed pretty much by Basch single-handedly by using Masamune+Genji gloves with Beserk.

Yeah...the mine was pure hell. I was way too under-leveled for all of those damned bats and I even ran into Disma...*sigh*

I plan on taking on Yiazmat at some point, but I'm trying to hit up every other sidequest first.

I wiped the floor with gilgamesh both times at lvl 55-60... Yeah disma was a pain in the backside.. I just fled from it and going and leveling up some more... Yiazmat on the other hand I was at lvl 85 and he took me out in about 5 minutes... I had all the buffs i could think of put on my characters and he still did it... Does Yiazmat gain health if you leave the colosseum and heal up and resurrect deaders and then go back in or only if you stay in the area with him? Does anyone think that I should have one physical attacker equiped with the bubble belt/masamune or go with genji gloves/masamune combo? Because I've got 2 masamune's, the tournesol, the excaliber, zodiac spear and 1 bow.
    Last edited by Vaan1980; 03-19-2008 at 01:40 PM.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vaan1980 View Post
    Does Yiazmat gain health if you leave the colosseum and heal up and resurrect deaders and then go back in or only if you stay in the area with him?
    Only if he's got Regen status on when you try to leave. You can leave and come back as many times as you like (for me, it was something like 34) but he won't gain any health unless he casts Regen before you leave. He usually starts the next fight with all the buff on again, so you'll need to Dispel him again...
    Speaking of which, he usually varies his strategy each time you come back to fight him some more.
    Does anyone think that I should have one physical attacker equiped with the bubble belt/masamune or go with genji gloves/masamune combo? Because I've got 2 masamune's, the tournesol, the excaliber, zodiac spear and 1 bow.
    Bubble Belts are great for this fight. The Cat-Ear Hood can be very handy too. I personally used two close-range attackers and one at long range (the party leader, who I controlled in order to prevent them getting too close to Yiazmat). Masamune + Genjii Gloves or Cat-Ear Hood is good for getting big combos.
    While it's tempting to keep buffing up your party during the fight, it's best not to bother. Simply have everyone's gambits set to keep the team revived whenever they fall; though if you give everybody all the buffs before entering the fight, things'll be easier at the outset.
    Using Lure and Reverse on your fastest attacker can help to make things easier. It takes a lot of MP to keep those buffs in place, but it can draw a lot of fire away from other team members. Reverse becomes almost essential near the end of the fight, when Yiazmat starts using his ultimate attack, Cyclone, a lot.

Yiazmat's weak against Dark, so Dark-elemental weapons are good. Black Robe armour increases the power of Dark weapons (even though the game doesn't tell you this), so it can he useful.

I haven't found any any weapons that have the dark element... you know any weapons that have the dark element??? or should i just stick with the tournesol, 2 masamune's, and one bow???

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Yiazmat's weak against Dark, so Dark-elemental weapons are good. Black Robe armour increases the power of Dark weapons (even though the game doesn't tell you this), so it can he useful.
    Would you suggest using it with the Yagyu Darkblade?

My problem with Gilgamesh is that he gains about 20 levels in between the two encounters that were about fifteen minutes apart. You don't gain that much exp in getting to him. Still, the battle was so fun that I don't mind much.

All Ninja Swords have the dark element, Vaan1980.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

oh ok... so i guess the ninja swords get a decent combo also??? or run around with 5 ninja swords.. and 1 masamune? or use the tournesol still???