Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Zidane and Garnet really go on a date if I let him win the hunting festival?

Will Zidane and Garnet really go on a date if I let him win the hunting festival?

Will Zidane and Garnet really go on a date if I let him win the hunting festival?
    I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings..

Alas, no. With everything else that happens later, they don't have time. I'm sure they make up for it later, though...

Zidane does get Gil if he wins the Festival, Freya gets the Coral Ring add-on; having Vivi win will earn you a Tetra Master Card.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

I always let Freya win the festival so she can get that add-on. But always felt guilty that i didnt let Zidane win so he can get that date. But since you said they never had it, I dont feel guilty anymore

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

i always make zidane win it
    out of pride

I always let Freya win it. Since the prize is much more useful. How do you let Vivi win it, by the way? It always ends up being either Freya or Zidane winning for me.

Save Vivi from getting chased by the wold thing, then have Freya and Zidane loose the match to big bull thing.

Oh, okay thanks! Not that I'll do it, but I was just curious, since it never happened to me in my many playthroughs. The festival of the hunt was so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    i always make zidane win it
    out of pride
    My thoughts exactly..

Punished is not the man himself but the evil that resides inside him...
    ''Thanks to Polaris for the signature!''

Freya always wins it on mine. Coral Ring is just too awesome to pass up. The Gil really doesn't help me any. The Card is nice but not useful enough to warrant me passing up the Coral Ring.

Yeah, its depressing. I was so pumped up for that date and then suddenly that bloody Burmecian rat comes in saying how their Kingdoms is getting slaughtered.

Worst timing ever.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Selfish rats.

granted the coral ring is a lot more useful at that point than 5000g( whats that like 100 quids or something these days?)
    but the chance to show off how awsome you are to a hot chick is worth more than any amount of mystical jewlery lol

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

I always let Freya win to get Lancer. The proposed date is nearly all but forgotten as the game goes on. Since everyone ends up on Zidane's team, I consider it a win-win-win situation.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Is the Coral Ring a unique piece of equipment? I have only played through this game a single time and Zidane was the winner of the festival. Where is the next place in the game that you see the Coral Ring if you missed it at the Festival of the Hunt?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

Naw, it ain't unique. It can be synthesized in Disc 2 Treno. By letting anyone else win -- which in the long run, both are pretty useless/commonplace -- Freya misses out on her only chance to get an offensive skill until Cleyra. So, I guess it's not "that" important for someone (Gizamuluke can be tent'D) in the early going, 'less they're trying to do some Grand Dragon level-ups.