Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617213161 ... LastLast

Thread: MAFIA VII: Old School Mash-up (GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!)

Lara Croft

Alright. A mafian died... that means a few things could have happened. I'm going to post what I think the night can have taught us...

A. We have a second killing party
    B. We have a Nexus (I don't know if it was announced whether or not they'll be in this game), or some role like that (bus driver maybe?).

Now, there was only 1 kill so if we B didn't happen then we can assume that the second kill was either...
    A. Blocked
    or
    B. They used Typhoon's Recruit

If B happened then yesterday didn't clear anyone (sadly that includes me).

EDIT: Whoa roleclaim, brb with a post.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:00 AM.

Wow. Governer dude smurfed up.

I think Pikachu is the only one who voted for snake that is going to remain suspicious. At that point it was basically a Lynch about to happen, so if Pika was Mafia he may have band waggoned on just to look innocent.

Not enough to vote for him, just saying it's a possobility.

I really don't think Mafia would try to lynch recruiter day 1.

Given this recent light of events however, I think it's also safe to assume that he used his recruit power tonight, as he was very close to a lynching, and probably didn't think he'd last long.

So now we also work under the assumption someone else is Mafia that wasn't before, and I suspect its one who voted for Snake that was recruited.

Edit: I now suspect Kirby the least, and I'd assume thats a power role that can't be converted, so I see no reason to doubt you dude. Sorry for voting for you.

Edit2: And I never said it was dripping with scumminess silly. It's just after last game I wouldn't think a power role would try to sound smart on day one, so they would get themselves killed by the Mafia immidiatly again. So I figured you were either Mafia who knew they'd be safe, or a townie who was trying to keep a power role safe. I didn't want to take a chance it was option 1, however turns out I was wrong on both accounts.
    Last edited by [M] Adama; 03-17-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Samus View Post
    Ok. o_o

So Snake roleclaimed Cop, Governer stops the town from lynching him, night time comes around, somebody (vig, sk, etc) kills Snake who turns out to be not just Mafia but Mafia recruitor. Crazy!
    Sounds about right. The one thing is that either the doctor was good at protecting, or the mafia recruted someone last. I hope it was the former.

If it was a vig, then great job! If you were a serial killer, thanks for the kill, we will get you later.

Lara Croft

Alright Kirby this is my thoughts on the two you've asked about.

Slippy seems like s/he is suffering from firstdayitis and just wanted to bitch about people trying to act like they know what they're doing day one because s/he doesn't.

Bowser's piqued my interested more. Slippy at least came up with the "don't be smart" bullcrap. Bowser just agreed with him, and I've found mafians like to agree with others rather then make new ideas.

Also his latest post makes wonder. I think he might try and make us go on a wild goose hunt for everyone who voted for Snake.

I still need to hear more from both though, especially Slippy.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:00 AM.

Kirby: You adressed me, so I'll respond. If you ever should decide to go for a day kill on me, I beg that you give me a warning first, as I too happen to have a rock solid role claim. However, it's wise to keep town roles hidden from the mafia as long as possible, so they can't possibly tell who's doc/cop so I'll wait with that till I'm in a pickle.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Wow...Kirby, you're off my suspect list.

Kirby:

I offer you all my assurances that I will announce my intention to kill someone long before I actually do pull the trigger.

In many ways, this is like giving the town a second lynch vote. And I think it'll also be a good way to settle cop claims quickly.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-12-2008 at 01:48 AM.

Kirby:

Oh also, I will state I cannot kill people at night. Solid Snake's death had nothing to do with me.

Alright Kirby, here are my thoughts.

bowser seems to just be new at this, and is not scum. Slippy, I'm not sure about.

And I will believe your roleclaim, but that means we have a serial killer in our midst, so we'd better be careful. We need to get more discussion, so I'll make a vote, this will come off when you post.

##Vote: Frogger

Pac-Man

Hahaha oh fun. :D Okay Pac-Man notes time. I think I've got everyone, and for gods sake just because I mentioned something about you does not mean I'm going OMG MAFIA LYNCH THEM so don't freak out! I'd just like to hear you talk. :}~

Kirby: Cleared unless some crazy shiet happens.

Ganon, Navi, Lara Croft: Pretty much cleared but could have been recruited.

Pikachu: Could be as above, but could have bandwagoned in the end.

Donkey Kong: Votes first, then disappears.

Sub-Zero: Low key posting and voting in beginning. Suspects Kirby, votes Navi.

Luigi: Low key voting following Kirby's advice.

Crono: lol drunk. Nothing useful.

Mario: Vengeful voting / "no valid suspicions day 1."

Space Invader: Purely joke posts, votes Kirby.

Peach: Posted once "hey guyz"

Slippy: Chain lynch for Kirby and trying to get me killed day 1.

Star Fox: Was here at the end of the day but didn't vote.

Samus: Random vote for Peach, nothing else.

Bowser: Agrees with Slippy / votes for Kirby.

Link: Voted for me for no reason.

Frogger: One post, votes for Kirby.

Sonic: Shows up just as voting ends.

Everyone else: I think I got everyone that posted in this thread. Magus and Megaman hasn't posted at all.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-13-2008 at 02:58 AM.

Sorry I'm late. Time to do some reading!

EDIT:

Right now I'm getting bad vibes from Sub-Zero. Just my gut talking, though. Nothing worth voting on just yet

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Magus View Post
    Sorry I'm late. Time to do some reading!

EDIT:

Right now I'm getting bad vibes from Sub-Zero. Just my gut talking, though. Nothing worth voting on just yet
    Because I said you were sexy?

My biggest suspicion right now is still Navi because of her frantic posts.

@ Pac-Man: Low-key voting makes me suspicious you say? Real-life going-ons are more important to me atm. I'd love to devote all my time to this game, but I have my future to think about. So, that's why I've been more lax in my posting than I should be. So, I apologize.

Just consider that some of us have a lot going on in our lives right now, what with it nearing the end of my last year in high school No hard feelings, I promise.

Kirby:

My thoughts on the tail end of yesterday and the night kill issue are as follows.

At the time, I thought the Governor made a good call. I am also inclined to believe that there are either two scum factions or a serial killer. If there is a night vig, and we must not rule that out, then I doubt that they would strike someone who claimed cop without giving them a chance to talk more. On a random tangent, in a mafia game on another forum that I was in, the day vig killed the night vig out of the blue...and everyone called him an idiot for it. But I digress!

TyphoonThaReapa's first mafia game and a cop claim? Someone experienced is on the scum team, I think, and guided him. It is clear that the real cop would investigate him that night and out him today, and so I believe they used his power last night, hence why they did not make a kill.

Who would they recruit? Some have suggested they would recruit people who voted for Snake as a distancing attempt. I think they might have gone for me, but were told they couldn't. So who would be second on their list? Hmm. I don't know. Whoever it is will trip themselves up eventually...

It's worth nothing the following things:

What rival bandwagons were set up to oppose the Solid Snake one?
    Pikachu voted for Solid Snake after he claimed cop and nobody unvoted him. Distancing attempt?

Oh, and also, I will use my power on anyone who has a crazy mental break down like Demon Dude in the last game. It's a scum's idea of heaven when someone does that, to have us all discussing Captain Lunatic and not them, and plus we can't analyse votes because everyone can use the "they're crazy!" excuse. So I'm just popping them.

It's partly because I really really wanted to be a Mortal Kombat character and I'm jealous

Lara Croft

Quote Originally Posted by Kribs
    Who would they recruit? Some have suggested they would recruit people who voted for Snake as a distancing attempt. I think they might have gone for me, but were told they couldn't. So who would be second on their list? Hmm. I don't know. Whoever it is will trip themselves up eventually...
    This is a very difficult question. Its very possible they might have just picked someone under the radar to make sure they get a mafian.

Magus I think you need to elebrate on your "vibes".

Sub-Zero, you said that Kirby was off your susipcious list. Why? His roleclaim has yet to be proven.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:01 AM.