Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819233363 ... LastLast

Thread: MAFIA VII: Old School Mash-up (GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!)

I'm not intent on convincing you. You asked me a question and I answered it.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bowser View Post
    A typical coward mafia move is also to vote for someone outside the main bandwagons, the main ones would be Kirby and Snake at this point. Not saying this especially criminates Sub Zero, as it doesn't, but it's noteworthy. (Luigi, Samus and Donkey Kong gets some suspicion points there.
    ##Vote: Sub Zero
    I just want to point out that at the time I voted, there was no bandwagon in existence. Everyone but Snake only had one vote at that point.

By the time I even confirmed my role PM, Day1 was already underway and I knew I wouldn't be around when the day ended so I voted just to vote. Didn't want Master Hand to bitch slap me for not voting at all.

Hats off to Kirby for a brilliant roleclaim. It all makes a lot of sense. Except I'm not really sure why you revealed the role so early? I'm sure there are more than 1 protective roles operating in this game, but even so you've put a target on your back fairly early into the game. If your roleclaim is true (and I'm leaning towards that it is) then your intelligence + security as a pro-town person makes you really bad news for the scum.

The point at which we should become suspicious of Kirby should be when days go by and Kirby doesn't use his ability. In THAT case, it could mean that he was simply Godfather stringing us along. But at this early point, there are no holes in his story.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kirby View Post
    I'm not intent on convincing you. You asked me a question and I answered it.
    I didnt really ask, merely pointed out.

But very well, I understand that reasoning.

Now that thats out of the way, what are you going to use to kill today? I suggest either sword or spikes.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

VOTES DAY TWO:
    ##Vote: Sub Zero : Bowser, Crono(2)
    ##Vote: Frogger : Ganon(1)
    ##Vote: Kirby : Sonic [1]

Not voting: Donkey Kong, Frogger, Kirby, Lara Croft, Link, Luigi, Magus, Mario, Mega Man, Navi, Pac Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Space Invader, Star Fox, Sub-Zero

##unvote: Kirby
    ##vote: sub Zero

im voting for crono, seems hes hidin something

##vote: Crono

Link

lol bert

I'm inclined to believe Kirby's role claim because it'd be very simple for him to prove it if asked. In fact, we should probably have him kill someone today anyway, just for the sake of being able to lynche two people in one day.

Also, I am upset with Master Hand about the writeup of Snake's death. It was completely devoid of "Snake? Snake, respond! Snake?!? SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!" Sub Zero's had better have "Fatality!" in it, if he dies.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Samus View Post
    Hats off to Kirby for a brilliant roleclaim. It all makes a lot of sense. Except I'm not really sure why you revealed the role so early? I'm sure there are more than 1 protective roles operating in this game, but even so you've put a target on your back fairly early into the game. If your roleclaim is true (and I'm leaning towards that it is) then your intelligence + security as a pro-town person makes you really bad news for the scum.
    Yeah, I'm aware that my roleclaim would draw negative attention from the scum. For the time being, I am satisfied that they will not know what to do with me. They will consider the potential of the doctor - or whoever - protecting me and wonder if it is worth shooting me or not, especially as they did not get to make a kill yesterday. I truly believe I will survive this night at least.

I am actually mostly saying this for the scum's benefit because I want to mess with their heads a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    I didnt really ask, merely pointed out.
    Oh, I was referring to when you asked why I didn't kill on day one. Also I'm going for the classic 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bowser View Post
    A typical coward mafia move is also to vote for someone outside the main bandwagons, the main ones would be Kirby and Snake at this point. Not saying this especially criminates Sub Zero, as it doesn't, but it's noteworthy. (Luigi, Samus and Donkey Kong gets some suspicion points there.
    ##Vote: Sub Zero
    I only voted for Mega Man to get him to post, and as it was day 1.

Right now, I don't like Peach. She posts once, and all it was was spam.

Well, I'd better put a vote in, I don't know if I'll be back in time!

##Vote: Sub-Zero

(Please, please use something fun, like BABALITY in the death scene ?)

Geez lot's to read over.

Well then we got the mafia recruiter at least. With any luck he didn't get his recruit off and mafia is down 1 member.

As for the Kirby role claim. I really don't buy it fully. It's too convenient and way too early to role claim such a power role. However as has been said it's easily proved so I can't quite dismiss it. The thing that bugs me about his role claim is quite simple, if he is in fact a day vig then it's too big of a risk to lynch him, however that means as long as he has a kill active he's a target at night for scum. If Kirby is telling the truth or not will become clear in the next day or 2. Honestly I'm inclined to tell you to just use your kill today Kirby, prove your innocence and hopefully bag another scum, and then afterwards it'll mean scum has less of a reason to kill you immediately as opposed to hoping for another power role kill in the night. Because honestly the roleclaim today is a bit....stupid in my opinion as it means you have to use your kill power sooner rather then later when we're still rather blind as opposed to saving it for a better time when we have better targets in sight. Either way it's a bit too late now and you've shown your cards so kudos to quickest roleclaim I've ever seen. I think our day would be wisely spent finding a kill for you to get then debating if your roleclaim is true or not as the kill itself will prove your honesty.

As for some accusations at me...

Slippy seems like s/he is suffering from firstdayitis and just wanted to bitch about people trying to act like they know what they're doing day one because s/he doesn't.
    It's smurfing day one. NO ONE has much to go on. Day one is basically just "Hi lol! SPAM SPAM SPAM! OMG SPMA VOTE! BANDwagon, you must be scumz lawls!". It's not that I'm bitching, it's that there's no proof to go on , we're just poking around in the dark and trying to criticize how people react to getting accused/being the accuser which hasn't worked out well in the past. Remember Germany last game? Or Rydia the game before? They acted strange and ended up being townies. Honestly first day voting is just a stab in the dark, afterwards on day 2 is where you can figure out who might be scum based on something a little more solid like voting patterns or who's defending/going after who rather then 'OMG he's mafia cause his post is weird'.

Bowser and Slippy are very suspicious to me for trying to set me up for a lynch tomorrow "in case I survive". That's the worst logic I've ever seen and I suspect it's the scum trying to eliminate a smart player by getting the town against them.
    Remember Canada? He was the only one to post anything smart day one last time and he got shot, recruited from the grave, then shot again for good measure. At the time you were the only one I saw really being smart and the way I figured it meant you were either a mafia (who obviously have no fear of getting offed by mafia in the night for posting intelligently) trying to mislead the town and come in as a leader figure or some kind of a power role that couldn't be night killed and thus had no fear of posting smart and following the path of dear Canada, and the first seemed more likely then the second. Honestly I see no reason to show off intelligence this early only to become a target. Save that intelligence for when there's more to work with, I think is a far better strategy rather then going off no evidence and just some spam posts and random bickering. Hell it seems to work for Del pretty well, I could be wrong but I don't recall South Africa or Rinoa making many highly thought provoking and intelligent posts the first couple of days in past mafia games.

Anyways I'm half asleep now so I'll leave this at that for the moment. See how many posts I missed while typing this thing up.

Peach, where are you?

If you don't post soon I'll vote for you.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by AAAH! HELP ME!
    It's smurfing day one. NO ONE has much to go on. Day one is basically just "Hi lol! SPAM SPAM SPAM! OMG SPMA VOTE! BANDwagon, you must be scumz lawls!". It's not that I'm bitching, it's that there's no proof to go on , we're just poking around in the dark and trying to criticize how people react to getting accused/being the accuser which hasn't worked out well in the past. Remember Germany last game? Or Rydia the game before? They acted strange and ended up being townies. Honestly first day voting is just a stab in the dark, afterwards on day 2 is where you can figure out who might be scum based on something a little more solid like voting patterns or who's defending/going after who rather then 'OMG he's mafia cause his post is weird'.
    I can't possibly agree with this any more than I do.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:15 AM.

I have to complain about the bandwagon voting at this point. Bowser explained why he is voting for Sub-Zero but how about Sonic and Magus? I also don't think Crono has very good reasons.

A day time vig is a big role claim but why would the mafia want him out of the way? I think the mafia would want the vig to stay in play. The vig in the last game ended up helping them a lot by killing almost nothing but town people. If anything, the vig should fear the town wanting to lynch him for killing too many innocent people.

But sonic has not provided any reason for voting sub-zero, crappy reason for voting Kirby. All I know is that he is ace and was late on day one. Granted that Ace is the place as John Madden always said but that isn't enough.

Well then we got the mafia recruiter at least. With any luck he didn't get his recruit off and mafia is down 1 member.
    WHOA! Big assumption made there Slippy. You didn't even explain how you came to the conclusion that there are only 2 starting mafia members. I think you need to explain yourself some more on that one. Last mafia game had more starting mafia and a recruiter. Why would you think there are only 2 starting this time?

Never mind. Missread. I thought you said down to 1 mafia member and not down 1 mafia member. Such a big difference that one little word makes.

Vote: Sub-Zero - Bowser, Crono, Sonic, Magus
    Vote: Frogger - Ganon
    Vote: Kirby - Sonic
    Vote: Crono - Megaman

Regarding a kill for me today, as I said, I am looking at Sonic right now. I think I know who they are, and I think they have plans to not play properly and I'd rather not waste a future lynch.

Alternatively, Sub Zero seems to be popular right now. I'm not entirely convinced that he's scum though. Magus, I'd like you to explain your vote on SZ a bit more.

Is my claim stupid from a town perspective? Maybe. I was more than well aware of the risks when I decided to claim and I came to the conclusion that claiming was absolutely the best course of action. I ask that you all wait to see how the game turns out before passing judgment on whether I was right to do so though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy
    Hell it seems to work for Del pretty well, I could be wrong but I don't recall South Africa or Rinoa making many highly thought provoking and intelligent posts the first couple of days in past mafia games.
    South Africa lost. Alternatively, look at what happened in Staff and C9 when cl_out and Psychotic spoke out right away. Different strokes for different folks.

EDIT: ...smurf. You all knew it was me anyway.