Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314182858 ... LastLast

Thread: MAFIA VII: Old School Mash-up (GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!)

Link

That vote count looks more suspicious than anything I've seen in this thread so far. :P

I've read the entire thread and I still don't know what to do, but I feel like I should vote so I'll just bandwagon. xD

##Vote: Pac-Man

If he does die, I really hope he does that thing where his mouth opens up so much he swallows himself.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:12 AM.

Lara Croft

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Navi View Post
    well I am glad lara proved me wrong...

How dumb are some of you people... Let me give everyone a hint....

Think through the game as if you were on both sides. A townie who can think like a mafia is the best townie in the game.

I think saying kirby should be killed in the night and if he's not killed he's mafia is idiotic. Look at it from a mafia stand-point... Kirby is a really smart player and they think he should be killed tonight. Lets not kill him so they lynch them tommorrow. Everyone knows this would be what the mafia would do.
    Whats this? Setting up a chain lynch?

Believe me, I know how to think like mafia. And Mafians love giving advice, and chain lynching. Right now Pac-Man has the lead for being killed (I believe). If you're mafia you're playing by the book obviousness. Make sure someone other then a mafian gets killed today, then tonight since you have control of the kill you know Kirby won't die, everyone goes OMG STILL ALIVE, and kills Kirby tommorow.

Thats one scummy act for you.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 01:59 AM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Navi

Mario retaliated and slippy and Link bandwagoned. There is really no need to bandwagon in day 1 where at least some people are playing seriously. My suspect list(highest is most suspicious)...

Solid snake
    Mario
    Bowser
    Slippy
    Link

I have bowser up there because he made a dumb vote and to me it seemed he just tried to do the same as snake. I wish more people would post though...

Edit: Whats a chain Lynch?

Editx2:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lara Croft View Post
    Make sure someone other then a mafian gets killed today, then tonight since you have control of the kill you know Kirby won't die, everyone goes OMG STILL ALIVE, and kills Kirby tommorow.
    No... thats what I am trying to stop
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 01:40 AM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

VOTES DAY ONE:
    ##Vote Solid Snake: Ganon, Navi (2)
    ##vote Kirby : Space Invader, Bowser(2)
    ##vote Pac-Man : Mario, Link (2)
    ##Vote Pikachu : Donkey Kong (1)
    ##vote Navi : Kirby, Solid Snake (1)
    ##Vote Crono : Sub-Zero (1)
    ##Vote Mega Man : Luigi (1)
    ##Vote Mario : Pac Man (1)
    ##Vote Samus : Kirby (1)
    ##Vote Slippy : Pac Man (1)
    ##Vote Peach : Samus (1)
    ##vote Space Invader : Kirby Lara Croft(1)
    ##Vote Link : Mario (0)

Not voting:
    Crono, Frogger, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Pikachu, Sonic, Star Fox

Snake, Kirby and Pac man are all tied at the moment.

Lara Croft

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Navi View Post
    Mario retaliated and slippy and Link bandwagoned. There is really no need to bandwagon in day 1 where at least some people are playing seriously. My suspect list(highest is most suspicious)...

Solid snake
    Mario
    Bowser
    Slippy
    Link

I have bowser up there because he made a dumb vote and to me it seemed he just tried to do the same as snake. I wish more people would post though...

Edit: Whats a chain Lynch?

Editx2:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lara Croft View Post
    Make sure someone other then a mafian gets killed today, then tonight since you have control of the kill you know Kirby won't die, everyone goes OMG STILL ALIVE, and kills Kirby tommorow.
    No... thats what I am trying to stop
    Oh, I reread, your post and it was kinda worded poorly so I couldn't tell whether you meant you thought that, or you didn't.

Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 01:59 AM.

OK, I am 100% sure that Snake is scum. He voted early for Navi right after Kirby did, and repeating what the mafia have done in the past to hide under the radar. I assure you, Snake is not good for the town, and if he is not scum, he didn't actually contribute anything today. My vote for him was a jokevote, but now it is my serious vote.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kirby View Post
    ##unvote

At least Navi is active, posting and contributing, so I'm taking my vote away from him for now.

Things of note:
    Donkey Kong and Pac Man both launched "Hit-and-run" votes. :mog:
    Solid Snake followed onto my vote on Navi, and Lara Croft has said that they find Navi to be the most suspicious so far.
    Ganon keeps saying he wants to "promote discussion" without actually discussing anything. He also says we shouldn't discuss the identity of Navi...despite putting forth a suggestion as to who it might be.

We can't analyse who is what unless more of you get your asses out and post so come on.

##vote Space Invader

I'll take my vote off you when you post. I encourage the rest of you to do the same with other people who haven't posted, and then unvote them as soon as they make an appearance. Then looking over who is trying to keep low, who is trying to look like they are trying to contribute but really aren't, who is trying to start/join/stay away from bandwagons hopefully we'll have a decent shot at netting mafia today.

Are you guys afraid of posting just because day one is famous for stupidity and you're scared of being lynched? Yeah, fair point. But you're not really helping do anything about that. And yes, the mafia do like to target intelligent people at night. But if we all act intelligent, what the smurf are they going to do then?

Pac Man, what do you think of Solid Snake's vote for Navi?
    Sonic, what do you think about Ganon's urges for discussion?
    Peach, what are your views on Donkey Kong's hit-and-run vote?
    Giving advice is too mafia-like, Kirby. Then again, Navi is doing the same...And, Navi's posts seem to have a nervous sort of undertone to them...almost frantic, as if she knows that her lynching means a town victory...

Mafian? I'd like to think so.

##Unvote: Crono
    ##Vote: Navi

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ganon View Post
    OK, I am 100% sure that Snake is scum. He voted early for Navi right after Kirby did, and repeating what the mafia have done in the past to hide under the radar. I assure you, Snake is not good for the town, and if he is not scum, he didn't actually contribute anything today. My vote for him was a jokevote, but now it is my serious vote.

Geez, a guy can't go to sleep after a long night? If you aks me, you just want to lynch me because I'm so awesome in Brawl. Ether that, or just jumping on a bias bandwagon because my name is Snake. Nevertheless, I won't change to my decision...

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

16 Hours is over very soon.

EDIT: Come on someone vote and end day one!
    Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 03-16-2008 at 06:00 PM.

Moogle

Pac-Man

Wow, I did not expect to come back to see myself in lead with votes. I have a few things to say about this

1. Wow, that's suspicious. What exactly did I do that was so shifty, besides oh - post a lot and start acting smart on the first day? (And by the way, I'll reiterate the two reasons why acting smart is bad on the first day - draws attention to you like so and gets everyone in the mentality of "OMG they posted a lot or drew attention to themselves LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH" and also because it makes you a mafia target in the night) If you're going to lynch everyone that speaks up, then you're going to have a lot of trouble; see last game.

If you're going to end up lynching me, fine, you can play it just like in staff mafia. Hey, maybe I'll even get replaced. But why waste a first day's vote like that? You know I'm smart and I can be an invaluable asset to the town (or at least I hope so :P). Hell, if you want to see me dead, you don't need to lift a finger, I'm sure mafia will be happy to do it at night. xD

2. About the people who voted for me - I find all of them a bit suspicious. :}

Vengeful, Mario? I thought it was obvious my vote for you was to get you to talk and give your opinion, not because I actually thought you were scum. Well hey, maybe it's only obvious to people who played C9, although you seem bright enough. But to say that there's no valid claims to a suspicion at this point? There's many valid claims Plenty have happened, and a lot of discussion or lack of discussion has already gone on. There's info to draw from that and if you've found no one suspicious then clearly something is wrong. Does this mean all the suspicions are correct? Hell no. But there's certainly valid suspicions.

Slippy's going on hunches and Link's openly admitting to bandwagoning is interesting. Trying to protect anyone?

Joke voting phase and discussion time is over, peeps. Time to lynch :D I'll be casting my real vote soon.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-13-2008 at 02:57 AM.

Erk.

Sorry I took so long to get here guys...I had to come from the other side of town and...yeah, traffic was bad. You saw thatone coming. I was pretty much thinking the same as Sub-Zero when I read through this, but I think that Kirby's coming off as quite pushy, so I'm going to go with him - although I still think it's too early to really tell anything.

##Vote: Kirby

Pac-Man

What, why now? If you're going by 16 hours, we still have 50 minutes o_O

If I vote now, you're going to force me to vote for Kirby since we're tied.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

VOTES DAY ONE:
    ##Vote Solid Snake: Ganon, Navi (2)
    ##vote Kirby : Space Invader, Bowser, Frogger. (3)
    ##vote Pac-Man : Mario, Link, Slippy (3)
    ##Vote Pikachu : Donkey Kong (1)
    ##vote Navi : Kirby, Solid Snake, Sub-Zero (2)
    ##Vote Crono : Sub-Zero (1)
    ##Vote Mega Man : Luigi (1)
    ##Vote Mario : Pac Man (1)
    ##Vote Samus : Kirby (1)
    ##Vote Slippy : Pac Man (1)
    ##Vote Peach : Samus (1)
    ##vote Space Invader : Kirby Lara Croft(0)
    ##Vote Link : Mario (0)

Not voting: Crono, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Pikachu, Sonic, Star Fox

Kirby is so close to the gallows...

EDIT2: I am giving 45 more minutes. Then voting is officially over.
    Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 03-16-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Lara Croft

I'm going to switch my vote to keep the day alive a bit longer...

## Unvote: Space Invaders
    ** Vote: Pac-Man

I'll be back with my thoughts, I'm just making sure our day doesn't end
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:00 AM.

Pac-Man

16 votes from everyone's computer, dear xD

Also you missed Slippy's vote for me.

Edit: Wow, okay. This is just like staff mafia. See if I ever act smart on 1st day again. xD