Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021253565 ... LastLast

Thread: MAFIA VII: Old School Mash-up (GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

well I didn't want to post because Samus put me in my place! Spam posts for no reason, in a mafia game? Ludicrous!

For real though, chill out guyz.

Suspicions are towards Sonic at this point.

He voted for Kirby when he said he was going to kill him. But now he's changed his vote, maybe to draw attention away from himself

But I dunno yet.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Navi

Well nothing really happened on day 2 yet. I am almost positive snake made a recruit on night one because he was screwed. He failed a cop roleclaim and he was just barely saved... sort of. Also with only 1 kill we know the mafia didnt kill(a kill and recruit would just be unfair) so snake was killed by either a vig or serial killer, and the other was either protected or blocked. with the day vig though I think there wouldn't be a normal vig too. More later when I am out of school, but in case I dont make it back...

##Vote: mario

he was my #2 suspect
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 01:41 AM.

I don't think Sub-Zero's behaviour's been that suspicious, so I won't vote for him. Mainly he's just been a little overly enthusiastic. Again, apologies for my absence: will be back on IN DA EVENING. Noone's screming SCUM yet so I'll decide who to vote for later. If the worst comes to the worst, I guess I'll just bandwagon.

Crono, for the love of God, WIKI YOUR CHARACTER. NAO.

Also, apologies to Kirby, you just came off as a little defensive and abrasive. USE YOUR POWAH WELL.

Lara Croft

Everyone seems to be voting for Sub Zero, but I think he's just suffering from a bandwagon, the truth of the matter is Kirby's claim is pretty solid, we can always test his claim by having him kill someone, and if he succeeds then we'd know that we'd be able to find out who he is during the night. This wouldn't be a good role claim for a mafian. I did ask Sub Zero why he thought Kirby was cleared, and try to make it seem like I was susipicious of him, because I want to get a better feel for Sub Zero and how he's playing.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kirby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Space Invader View Post
    A dead citizen helps the mafia anyway you slice it.
    Yeah, this is very true. A citizen who is just going to act silly just for a laugh helps the mafia too, though. What it comes down to is deciding the lesser of two evils.
    The lesser of to evils is clearly having the citizen stay around. The town's biggest advantage is numbers, even bigger then roles, because roles stay hidden to the majority of the town the majority of the time.

Right now my main suspect is... *drum roll* Crono.

My Theory

Let's start with his first post that actually gave us something....

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Crono View Post
    I just read through the thing and the only thing that's so incredibly suspisious to me is sub-zero's behaviour. In the last mafia game we had to go to incredible lengths for someone to believe a roleclaim.
    I think Kirby's roleclaim is awfully convenient. Seems to me he was just the first one in.
    Now, I dont want to accidentily kill off a vigilante(as long as its not Jesswee )
    So I'm going to vote for sub-zero. His behaviour seems like newbie mafia trying to get everyone to believe a roleclaim.
    If by any chance, we lynch him and he is innocent, that would throw some suspision off of kirby, and reassure me.
    Another reason why I vote Sub-zero(and in extent, kirby), is that it seems incredibly stupid to actually roleclaim vigilante, because that would make you number one on the hitlist of the mafia.
    ##vote: Sub-zero
    These are my thoughts on the subject. Btw, I still have no idea who Crono actually is.
    Let's start with the bolded sections. If this isn't setting up a chain lynch, nothing is.

Now I know what your saying... "But wait Lara! Why scum try and set up a chain lynch that required a scum kill?" This is because Crono must be either a Serial Killer, or part of a different scum faction. If Crono is ight about Sub Zero, then if we use his logic Kirby dies, and Crono/Crono's scum group is not paid attention to for 2 rounds, and would solidify Crono's position as the town (or at least help it if Sub Zero is mafia)! This gives him/them a large advantage on the town.

Whats the most devious part of this hinted plan though? If Sub Zero is scum, our obvious next conclusion would be to listen to Crono, and lynch Kirby... The idea of this plan would actually to get rid of the Day Time Vigilante (as he's probably going to recieve night protection).

The rest of his posts just seem to really be ingraining his position against Sub Zero and Kirby, especially Kirby, as he immediately moved on to questioning him, but once it became apparent he wasn't going to slip up he stopped.

My conclusion: Where it is possible for Sub Zero to be mafia, I find Crono to be part of a different faction/a serial killer to be much more likely. I've got a little theory as of why, and it seems to be solid (you all may make your own decisions on it), and I may as well vote as I seem pretty convinced.

## Vote: Crono
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Samus View Post

Well ya know, if the past Mafia games are any indications, it's really better for the town if once in awhile, we actually believed a roleclaim or two. Better still if we believe a roleclaim that actually makes sense and is easily verifiable.
    That's just it.

It is verifiable. So I'm going to wait to change my vote, until he verifies it. Shouldnt be hard, as he only has to type one line on any point of the day.

I would understand Kirby waits until there is a suspect, but the day should be almost over now and I havent seen anything.

I was sure that by the time I got back Kirby wouldve killed someone and the day wouldve been over by now, but i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lara Croft View Post
    Let's start with the bolded sections. If this isn't setting up a chain lynch, nothing is.

Now I know what your saying... "But wait Lara! Why scum try and set up a chain lynch that required a scum kill?" This is because Crono must be either a Serial Killer, or part of a different scum faction. If Crono is ight about Sub Zero, then if we use his logic Kirby dies, and Crono/Crono's scum group is not paid attention to for 2 rounds, and would solidify Crono's position as the town (or at least help it if Sub Zero is mafia)! This gives him/them a large advantage on the town.

Whats the most devious part of this hinted plan though? If Sub Zero is scum, our obvious next conclusion would be to listen to Crono, and lynch Kirby... The idea of this plan would actually to get rid of the Day Time Vigilante (as he's probably going to recieve night protection).

The rest of his posts just seem to really be ingraining his position against Sub Zero and Kirby, especially Kirby, as he immediately moved on to questioning him, but once it became apparent he wasn't going to slip up he stopped.
    There is one problem in your theory. I would change my vote as soon as Kirby actually proves it. It would seem very unlikely that a day-time vigilante, after roleclaiming, would not use it for 2 whole days, which is the point in your theory. Do you really think the town is going to lynch a vigilante after he proved it?

I merely act as common sense that he actually hasnt proven his roleclaim yet, while you all claim that it makes sense.

how?

He hasnt used it yet, so last nights scum death was not his doing. All he needs to do is write one line against someone he suspects, or we as town suspect.
    Last edited by [M] Helo; 03-17-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Lara Croft

That has a really simple explanation. There is a second day killing role that can be aligned on the mafian side. My bet is that if Zero turns up guilty you'd just claim he's that.

EDIT: It makes sense because that is the opposite of the type of roleclaim scum would make early, because it can be figured out in a day, the moment we find him susipcious. Also of course we all know last nights death wasn't him, he can't kill during the night.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:02 AM.

You still dont get my point. I dont suspect anyone really after kirby actually proves it. All he needs to do is kill someone and I would be convinced. But i dont get how you all just take his word for it.

If Zero turns up guilty, Kirby wouldve already killed wouldnt he?

would that not convince everyone that he is town?

I dont get your reasoning, and it is supposed to be my plan. There is no way the thing you have thought up could actually happen.

Lara Croft

If we had a bad town, yes it could happen. Chain lynching is a very simple to understand mafian tactic. Now you just seem to be making yourself seem too stupid to think up a plan (although you could just be directed by a better player on your team anyway). So my discussion with you is over, and I'm going to wait for some other players to give their opinions.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:03 AM.

Oh seriously, your plan is so flawed its stupid. You yourself are so dumb you cant even understand my reasoning.

You say that if Sub-zero is scum, then everyone will lynch Kirby.

but do you know how much time passes between the 2?

2 days!

Are you seriously saying me that you think that Kirby wont use his vigilante power for a whole 2 days? What was the point of the roleclaim?

Are you seriously saying you are that stupid? Or can you just not find any good arguments against me for actually being smart enough to notice that Kirby hasnt proved anything yet.

Lara Croft

I shouldn't even diginify that with a response... (but I will :P)

From what I understand the Day Vigilante's Power is almost like a second lynching, it occurs with the lynch. So he actually only has today to use a kill before Zero dies (Zero dying is a definite possiblity.) So in reality he has 1 day to use his power to prove himself.

Am I saying he won't use it? No. I'm saying day 2 you'd just claim that he was an Mafian Assassin (kills during day).

Do I think that you'll still follow that plan? No. I just exposed it. The point of me exposing it was making sure it doesn't happen, and for people to see that you have made a post that hints a chain lynch (which is scummy).

Lastly, I realize that Kirby hasn't proved anything yet. But when are you going to open your smurfing eyes before you scream like a 2 year old and read why I think his roleclaim shouldn't be the top of susipicion?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:03 AM.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    I merely act as common sense that he actually hasnt proven his roleclaim yet, while you all claim that it makes sense.

how?
    It makes sense because now he HAS to be able to prove his role claim or he's screwed. He's not nearly dumb enough to paint himself into a corner like that when he has nothing to gain from it. Remember. Demon Dude is a moderator this time around.

You yourself are so dumb you cant even understand my reasoning.

Are you seriously saying you are that stupid? Or can you just not find any good arguments against me for actually being smart enough to notice that Kirby hasnt proved anything yet.
    Oh, smurf you.

##Vote: Crono

Kirby, if you want to go ahead and prove your a vigilante, make your target Crono.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-14-2008 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lara Croft View Post
    From what I understand the Day Vigilante's Power is almost like a second lynching, it occurs with the lynch. So he actually only has today to use a kill before Zero dies (Zero dying is a definite possiblity.) So in reality he has 1 day to use his power to prove himself.
    Untrue, because i already asked this. He can use it whenever he wants by using the ##kill: command.

oh and Link, smurf yourself, I wasnt talking to you.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

VOTES DAY TWO:
    ##Vote: Sub Zero : Bowser, Crono, Sonic, Magus(4)
    ##Vote: Crono : mega man, Lara Croft, Link (3)
    ##Vote: Frogger : Ganon(1)
    ##Vote: Peach : Luigi (1)
    ##Vote: Slippy : Donkey Kong (1)
    ##Vote: mario : Navi (1)
    ##Vote: Kirby : Sonic (0)

Not voting: Frogger, Kirby, Mario, Pac Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Space Invader, Star Fox, Sub-Zero

About 10 hours till the day is over.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also guys stop calling each other dumb, stupid, idiots, or any other variation of that. Don't make me come kick you in the faces. I'll do it.
    Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 03-17-2008 at 04:25 PM.