Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Never Understood Why Tidus Kept Believing That He Could Return To Zanarkand.

Default I Never Understood Why Tidus Kept Believing That He Could Return To Zanarkand.

I mean, wasn't Zanarkand destroyed by Sin? If he returned, he'd just be returning to a city of rubble and he'd be seeing the beginning of Sin's long reign of tyranny. People would have been confused and a hell of a lot less calm than they are 1000 years later. I think he probably would have been a lot worse off than he is in Spira. And it's not like he can return to being a big Blitzball star right away, I mean, come on, Zanarkand remained in ruins. I might have missed something in the storyline but this really confused me throughout the game.

I guess he thought he had been catapulted forward in time 1000 years, and upon seeing Auron, who took him from his Zanarkand to Spira, in Spira, he believed that he could just travel back somehow.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Zanarkand is a huge place. Sin definitely did not destroy the whole city, nor did it kill everybody. It's not like he wouldn't have a home to return to, and since he's a star; I'm sure he could find somewhere to stay until his home gets rebuilt. I'm sure with their technology, they could rebuild faster than normal.

This is, of course, in the context of Dream Zanarkand where Tidus actually lived. The real Zanarkand that took place a thousand years ago is in ruins now because of the massive war that took place between Zanarkand and Bevelle.

Yeah I always just figured he assumed since Auron seemed to travel in time, he thought he could somehow too

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimonji View Post
    Zanarkand is a huge place. Sin definitely did not destroy the whole city, nor did it kill everybody. It's not like he wouldn't have a home to return to, and since he's a star; I'm sure he could find somewhere to stay until his home gets rebuilt. I'm sure with their technology, they could rebuild faster than normal.

This is, of course, in the context of Dream Zanarkand where Tidus actually lived. The real Zanarkand that took place a thousand years ago is in ruins now because of the massive war that took place between Zanarkand and Bevelle.
    Ah, thanks for that, it makes a bit more sense. I was unaware that there was a war between Zanarkand and Bevelle though. Is it mentioned in X or X-2? If it's mentioned in X I must have missed that bit of the story from not concentrating or something.

I don't remember all of the places, but one place that mentions the war is while crossing the Moonflow.

Yeah, it's mentioned a few times in FFX, moreso near the end I believe. However, the war is touched upon in greater detail in X-2.

Articles

He couldnt accept that Zanarkand was gone (even though its only somewhere else on Spira, so in theory he could have gone back) so he kept beliving, until he found the first Jecht sphere
    WHO'S THAT CHOCOBO?
    Urm... dunno
    ITS REGINALD!!
    lol wtf *changes channel*

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimonji View Post

Zanarkand would've been fairly rebuilt long ago if there were survivors.
    Besides, the city is offically considered "just ruins" in the game.

I do not doubt a powerful entity like Sin could destroy the whole city.
    After all, it did threaten the entire world.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20 View Post

I do not doubt a powerful entity like Sin could destroy the whole city.
    After all, it did threaten the entire world.

SIGSIG

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It's still his home

He probably has friends, or misses his technology.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

he's probably just too naive to accept that his home is dead and gone. Remember in the game when Wakka told him that Zanarkand was all ruins and rubble, he kept saying, "that can't be my Zanarkand". He had no idea how powerful Sin was. He thought it would be impossible for one monster to destroy such an advance City. But he wasn't stupid. As soon as he saw with his own eyes the ruins of Zanarkand, he knew and actually said to himself, he could never go back.

SIGSIG

he was an optimistic idiot =P
    Photobucket
    cheak out my art at http://missmaxx.deviantart.com/

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

i belive that the thyme of the game was Hope, thank about it.

he wanted to go home but really he was already there :P
    Photobucket
    cheak out my art at http://missmaxx.deviantart.com/