Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cover me!

Default Cover me!

Are there any cover songs out there that you actually think are better than the original?

I personally think that Jeff Buckley's version og Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is freaking brilliant, and thus better than the original. Kudos to Cohen for writing this amazing song, but someone else just sang it better.

first off, agreed.

also, there are so many, i can hardly list any...wtf is up with that!?

Mefirst and the gimme gimmes didn't make any BETTER per se...but i like them anyway

then there are these:

YouTube - Billie Jean Cover Acoustic

YouTube - Switchfoot - Crazy In Love [Beyonce cover]

YouTube - waterfalls acoustic cover

YouTube - Hey Ya Cover

lol...also, i'm not racist..wtf

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

As already mentioned, Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah. Enough said really.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    Are there any cover songs out there that you actually think are better than the original?

I personally think that Jeff Buckley's version og Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is freaking brilliant, and thus better than the original. Kudos to Cohen for writing this amazing song, but someone else just sang it better.
    Really, this is it.

Placebo's cover of Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill is pretty good, but I still have a very soft spot for her original creation.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Agreed.

Also, Diana Ross's Ain't No Mountain High Enough is pretty kickass, at least as much so as the original.

Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower"
    What I've been listening to:

Blog Entries

Kill II This' cover of 2 Tribes is pretty kick ass.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Nonpoint's cover of Phil Collin's "Something in the air tonight" is the greatest cover I've ever heard.
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by El Bandito View Post
    Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower"
    This.

Me First and the Gimme Gimmies: Where Do Broken Hearts Go, Nothing Compares 2 U, and Wild World.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Atomic Kitten's version of "Tide Is High", mainly because I find their version has more passion than the orginal. I actually believe the romance of it. The orginal sounds like a "one night stand". (that's just my opinion).

The other thread reminded me of the Lost in Space theme from the movie, so that. xP It's by Apollo 440.

Pet Shop Boys version of Always on My Mind. Sacrelige, I know.

Scissor Sisters version of Comfortably Numb.

Also, McFly (British pop band) did a cover of 'Umbrella' which was oh so much better than the original.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

I always liked UB40's version of Can't Help Falling in Love.

TOOL did that cover of that John Lennon song. Imagine, I think? I liked that. Rufus Wainright (sp?) did a good rendition of Halleluja. That was from the Shrek soundtrack. There's a few others I can't think of. Metallica's Turn the Page <3

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

However much I adore Pearl Jam, given Eddie Vedder's declining vocals when performing live and the fact that the song just doesn't sound "right" under the current equipment they use live, I prefer Aaron Lewis' Black.