Thread: 10 000 BC

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin 10 000 BC

Didn't see another thread.

Who actually went out and saw it? I did, eventually, and I actually liked it. It's not a 4 star and probably just barely breaks 3 stars to be honest, but it has nice action scenes but was completely unbelievable. But it's okay.

I will say however that I have no idea what sort of 'trek' they made:

(SPOILER)The tribe starts off on a mountain and after crossing it end up in the Jungle, and then to a desert and finally to Egypt. I don't know how long they lasted, but since humans were (relatively) stronger than we were, I suspended some disbelief

Anybody have any idea where they might have started? It could've been just in Northern Africa for all I know. Just curious.

Oh and discuss movie yayness :D

I don't plan on seeing it since I think it looks pretty stupid. Emmerich only made one movie that I tought was okay, and that was The Day After Tomorrow. Maybe I'll rent this on DVD some day, but I won't watch it in a cinema that's for sure.

Saw the movie and tried to convince myself it was worth the ten dollars I paid for it. If I had waited and gone to the dollar theater it might have been worth it. It was alright, just not good.
    A friend of mine saw it with me and he hated it, but he did point out something that I agreed with: Taking down a technologically advanced ancient civilization was way too easy back then. Yeah, the movie was not believable.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Stampeding mammoths have a way of toppling rocks and people

Yeah, it wasn't really believable but was watchable.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    Anybody have any idea where they might have started? It could've been just in Northern Africa for all I know. Just curious.
    Apparently, the film starts in Scandinavia. How they traverse that kind of distance is beyond me. I was going to see this one for the lulz, but then I remembered that subjecting myself to a regrettable film just for amusement is financially silly.

It's intriguing how the film included birds that became extinct some 12 million years ago, among its menagerie of ancient beasts.

Is it anything like One Million Years BC? That movie rules

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    I don't plan on seeing it since I think it looks pretty stupid. Emmerich only made one movie that I tought was okay, and that was The Day After Tomorrow. Maybe I'll rent this on DVD some day, but I won't watch it in a cinema that's for sure.
    The Day After Tomorrow?

Dude, in one scene in that movie the characters <I>outrun</I> a freezing temperature.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

THIS IS SPARTAAA 10000 BC!!!!

This was also a ridiculous film, but visually interesting and satisfying in some scenes.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    The Day After Tomorrow?

Dude, in one scene in that movie the characters <I>outrun</I> a freezing temperature.
    That movie's version of 'science' was pretty silly, but in an environment with completely still air (like in that scene), I reckon it'd be feasible to move faster than the encroaching cold-itude.

Nonetheless, Emmerich does tend to favour style over any kind of subtance in his movies...

The Day After Tomorrow?

I don't remember that :P I just thought it was pretty entertaining, at least compared to his other movies.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Day After Tomorrow?

Dude, in one scene in that movie the characters outrun a freezing temperature.
    If I was gonna calculate that you have to do the whole diffussivity equation of that specific air and stuff.. I hate thermodynamics..

lets just say that I find it hard to believe that you have -200C (or so) air flowing, while the air around it is a nice -9/-10C ?

At least nice enough to run through.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

looks like a movie id see in history class i wont see it in theaters, maybe tv tho

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Went to the cinema the other week and what we went to see was a toss up between this and Vantage Point. We decided it would be preferable to keep out cash. Didn't really appeal to me. If someone put it on while I was over at their house on DVD in the future, I'm sure I'd play on my DS while others watched it watch it.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really View Post
    looks like a movie id see in history class
    Maybe if your history teacher is a) retarded or b) gets kicks out of feeding blatant misinformation before sending you out into the world.