Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would Sephiroth have a chance to return?

Of course he does. As long as he spews dollar signs, his chances of returning are pretty much guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Considering his return in Advent Children was and contradictory of the ending to the game, I'm sure anything is possible if SE needs to make another VII game...
    No it isn't. It makes perfect sense.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    Considering his return in Advent Children was and contradictory of the ending to the game, I'm sure anything is possible if SE needs to make another VII game...
    No it isn't. It makes perfect sense.
    And how's that my young friend?

Well, it's just Jenova cells mixing with Sephoiroth cells, which are the stronger, so causing him to change.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But his soul was "extinguished" by the Lifestream during the ending to the game... In a game that is as metaphysical as VII; I feel the soul being destroyed renders cells useless. Jenova could comeback (since there was no extinguishing of its soul) but Sephiroth was one of the few FF villains I felt was truly dead at the end of the game... The movie (and the Fan book) offer no real explanation to coincide with the game ending...

But his soul was "extinguished" by the Lifestream during the ending to the game... In a game that is as metaphysical as VII; I feel the soul being destroyed renders cells useless. Jenova could comeback (since there was no extinguishing of its soul) but Sephiroth was one of the few FF villains I felt was truly dead at the end of the game... The movie (and the Fan book) offer no real explanation to coincide with the game ending...
    No, he was just weaken vastly.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

Sepiroth = $. So, yes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    No, he was just weaken vastly.
    Lol! Weaken my ass. But I guess we just have different opinions.

We saw Sephiroth transform into red Lifestream which was engulfed by the Green Lifestream and then saw a flash of light and the Lifestream left leaving no trace of the Red Lifestream. I don't know about you but this indicates to me that Sephiroth's soul was taken out. Granted, there is no real explanation for the ending in VII... Damn you EVA!!!!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's nothing about Sephiroth's 'resurrection' that's' wholly inconsistent with the game. Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz are manifested fragments of Sephiroth's spirit. We know, from the game, that the spirit of someone powerful yet dead can take on physical form and interact directly with the world like a normal person - recall the 'Spirit Bodies' of the Cetra who guard the Temple of the Ancients.
    To make Sephiroth 'come back' in the film, Kadaj absorbs a quantity of Jenova's cells. Reuniting body and soul, in other words. Sephiroth's fully capable of inhabiting a body comprised solely of Jenova's cells, as shown in the game when he uses Jenova's headless body as a surrogate.

Sephiroth's death at the end of the game is easily reconciled with what's in the film: defeated, he died as his spirit was washed away into the Lifestream. Jenova's tainted spirit energy experienced the same, eventually being spread across the world to cause Geostigma in anyone it touched, or anyone carrying her cells already. Over time, the shattered remains of Sephiroth's spirit were able to crawl back out of the Lifestream, as the incomplete trio of beings we know from the film.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    There's nothing about Sephiroth's 'resurrection' that's' wholly inconsistent with the game. Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz are manifested fragments of Sephiroth's spirit. We know, from the game, that the spirit of someone powerful yet dead can take on physical form and interact directly with the world like a normal person - recall the 'Spirit Bodies' of the Cetra who guard the Temple of the Ancients.
    To make Sephiroth 'come back' in the film, Kadaj absorbs a quantity of Jenova's cells. Reuniting body and soul, in other words. Sephiroth's fully capable of inhabiting a body comprised solely of Jenova's cells, as shown in the game when he uses Jenova's headless body as a surrogate.

Sephiroth's death at the end of the game is easily reconciled with what's in the film: defeated, he died as his spirit was washed away into the Lifestream. Jenova's tainted spirit energy experienced the same, eventually being spread across the world to cause Geostigma in anyone it touched, or anyone carrying her cells already. Over time, the shattered remains of Sephiroth's spirit were able to crawl back out of the Lifestream, as the incomplete trio of beings we know from the film.
    I still feel this is contradictory to logic. The game ending shows his spirit being destroyed but the movie says he just can't return to the Planet... Hell even in the Ultimania guide to AC, Nomura mentions it was a daunting task to think of a way to revive him but they only did it cause they knew fans expected him to return and fight Cloud.

Basically I watch the ending to VII and feel its Sephiroth being wiped by the Lifestream cause he's a threat to the planet. AC says he was just rejected but we saw the Lifestream extinguish his spirit not send it away. I guess this a case where the Compilation retcons the original game isn't it?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the game's ending is safely ambiguous. We see Sephiroth dissolve in a sparkle of spirit energy, so it's safe to assume he's been obliterated; but we also know that the Lifestream is an endless cycle, where energy is absorbed and re-used... we also know that the thoughts and souls of the dead can linger on in the Lifestream, after they've passed away.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah but we watch the Lifestream take out those sparkles...

But the ending was pretty ambiguous...

Y'know. I just realized something. Considering the Sephiroth you see throughout most of FF7 isn't actually Sephiroth. And the Sephiroth you see killing Aeris isn't actually Sephiroth. It was all Jeneova looking like Sephiroth, thinking with him and acting for him. So it probably stands to reason that the Sephiroth in AC was more Jenova anyway. So its not like he even "came back" in that movie

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Y'know. I just realized something. Considering the Sephiroth you see throughout most of FF7 isn't actually Sephiroth. And the Sephiroth you see killing Aeris isn't actually Sephiroth. It was all Jeneova looking like Sephiroth, thinking with him and acting for him. So it probably stands to reason that the Sephiroth in AC was more Jenova anyway. So its not like he even "came back" in that movie
    In both instances, it's Sephiroth's mind occupying a body comprised of Jenova's cells. In the original game, it was Jenova's headless, inert body from the Shinra building; in AC, it was the cells from Jenova's head/remains, as recovered from the crater.

s-e will figure some retarded way of bringin him back just to make all the sephy fagboys happy

WOW!!!! 8)
    PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER DS ATM