Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would Sephiroth have a chance to return?

Default Would Sephiroth have a chance to return?

Not that i would actually want him to, but after the events of Advent Children, would he be able to appear as a physical manifestation again. I'm thinking of this because don't Jenova Cells have the ability to replicate a person? And if this is the case, it should be possible, because Sephiroth basically is Jenova.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Oh don't worry, SE aren't finished whoring him out yet.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I reckon he's probably gone for good, this time.
    After FFVII, Jenova was virtually obliterated, reduced to spiritual fragments that got flung far and wide by the Lifestream. Those fragments were mostly done away with when Geostigma was cured. The only remaining Jenova cells were in the likes of Cloud and other SOLDIERs. Jenova's head was the only 'useful' collection of cells that still existed, and that was destroyed after Sephiroth's defeat in AC.
    As for Sephiroth... in the game, he was killed. His spirit lived on, but torn into three pieces. All of those pieces faded into nothingness at the end of AC too, so overall I'd say there's not enough left for Sephiroth to re-appear again.
    No viable sources of Jenova cells. No coherent residue of Sephiroth's spirit. With neither body nor soul, it'd be awfully hard for him to 'get it together' yet again.

Anything's possible, of course, but the inevitable FFVII sequel will be sure to focus on Genesis Rhapsodos and his brand of mischief-making.

Banned

Rabid FFVII fans will desperately attempt to find a way to bring him back to life. But don't worry, they'll be thwarted by the rabid Aeris fans.

But, to tell you the truth, he probably won't come back again. I think he was killed in FFVII, since the Sephiroth we saw in AC was really only Kadaj, right?

Posessed by a Sephiroth poltergeist. Yeah

At the end of FFVII, everyone thought he was dead because his friggin SOUL was destroyed! But it didn't stop Square-Enix.
    The end of AC will not stop them either.

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    I think he was killed in FFVII, since the Sephiroth we saw in AC was really only Kadaj, right?
    Yazoo, Loz and Kadaj are 3 spirit bodies created by Sephiroth to find Jenova's head and bring him back. The Sephiroth at the end of AC was very real.

Question: Do you know why Kefka succeeded in destroying the planet?

Answer: Because the planet didn't fight back.

Kadaj of life, Loz of birth, and Yazoo of death. Wouldn't you agree their personalities seem very overdramatic?

Did it say somewhere that Jenova can't replicate its own cells without another living organism to corrupt and transform?

Why does Jenova have a woman's form as Synthesis? Is it to live up to Sephiroth's delusion that the J is his mother? I mean, it is under his control, right?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Did it say somewhere that Jenova can't replicate its own cells without another living organism to corrupt and transform?
    I've never heard that one before... any living thing needs to be able to produce new cells, but then Jenova's not like a regular living being, what with being able to survive entombed in the ground for two millennia.
    Why does Jenova have a woman's form as Synthesis? Is it to live up to Sephiroth's delusion that the J is his mother? I mean, it is under his control, right?
    When Professor Gast's team discovered Jenova, she must've been in that female form already. After all, they readily believed they'd discovered the remains of a Cetra.
    From what I can tell, Sephiroth didn't directly control Jenova's mind. He was able to manipulate her headless body and use it as a surrogate body for himself while he was trapped at the Northern Cave, but there's little to suggest he directly controlled her conscious mind. He was simply not bound by her direct control, able to determine his own destiny.

Sephiroth is in like 10 games... He'll be back with 2 masamunes next time lol. He's already got the funky hair, the wicked looks, the EVILE voice, the awesome sword and a wing... Next step! Double his weaponry!

If they were to bring Sephy back again, he would have been in FF7: DC. I, personally, liked Sephy cause he killed Aeris and I hated her, but he's been in 4 games and 2 movies, I don't think he'll be back again unless it's in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

He won't, but they could do it if they wanted

Nah Sephiroths not coming back... it'll be his unknown just-as-powerful twin Thephiros.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Considering his return in Advent Children was skullskullskullskullskullskullskullskull and contradictory of the ending to the game, I'm sure anything is possible if SE needs to make another VII game...

You wait they'll do the Sephiroth side...

Sephiroth died about many times and he ISN'T gonna return. He returned by manifesting three forms he called his "childs". Mostly a new FFVII game would feature what did Genesis do once he escaped.

And if people are thinking he will do something evil, your wrong, I readed somewhere that Genesis was to return once the world was in perill.
    Strago Magus