Thread: The End of The Beginning

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Default The End of The Beginning

A'yo, I just finished FF1 Anniversary Edition and I must say, I love this game. It remained me some much of FF8 in a way with the corruption of time and space. I couldn't help but to think that this is where FF8 got it from.

The character you choose from are pretty sweat. At first I wasn't liking the Monk/Master until I took those weapons from him. Then I was like, "Now we're getting some where!"

The weapons in the game was very good. That Ultima Blade kicked ass until I just that Barbarian Sword. Then it was on! And you can use magic from the weapons without consuming MP?! Hell yeah!

The monsters in the game was all great. When I was fighting Omega, I got killed twice. But the third time is always a charm! But the best fight was with Choronia. Man was she tough! Fighting time itself was a bitch! But I did it! And Chaos was powerful aswell. I can see why he's always be added to "The Greatest FF Bosses" type discussions.

So, the topic of this thread is basically about your overall experience by the end of FF1. What was it like for you? What did you think of the weapons, bosses, storyline and what not? I'm all ears!
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Glad you liked it. The first time I played FF I was on the GBA back in 2004(Dawn of Souls which came with FF II as well). My first team(and so favorite) was Warrior, Monk, Black Mage, & White Mage. This was a very balanced team and I pwned so many monsters. I especially enjoyed the Soul of Chaos dungeons(exclusive to the GBA and PSP versions)where you fight bosses from other FF games(III, IV, V, VI to be exact). I too enjoyed fighting Chaos. Overall, this instantly became my fourth favorite FF(tied with III). I'm tempted to buy the PSP version just so I can try out that Chronia boss.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

My only time playing through Final Fantasy I was when I was four or five years old. Obviously, some things are lost on me when people start talking about the game because I remember things by the way they look and not what they are called.

The game was fairly difficult for me as a child, but I had the advantage of having all of the time in the world to dedicate to figuring out how to play the game.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My first time through FFI was with the original for NES. It was just a few weeks away from christmas where I was going to finally get a PS1 and play FFVII which had came out recently and was the rave of the series. The copy was old and froze all the time. I never got to the dark elf cause the copy I had was just too old...

A few years later, I picked the game up again in Origins and dedicated myself to finally playing through it. To this day, it remains one of the most memorable gaming experieices for me. As simple as the game is, there is just a magical quality about it. Its world was really amazing and surprisingly deep for an 8-bit rpg that came out of nowhere. My party was Thief, Warrior and a White and Black mage. The thief was dead weight til he became a ninja. Finding the Rat's tail for Bahamut was fun as well. Overall a fine game in the series.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I played it many times on the NES, never got too much further than the earth orb/crystal because it could never really hold my interest. The first time I beat it was on Dawn of Souls. I really enjoyed the bonuses; nostalgic dungeons, bosses, and equipment all were great additions to the original. It's cool to see different elements that other FF's incorporated into their stories, such as Reaper pointed out with VIII, the land being dried up due to the planet's life being blocked like in VII.

I prefer the DoS version over the NES but I gotta remember to run from battles,the difficulty was way off in this port.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've never completed the NES version before, I usually got to around where Bolivar said he does and I lose interest.

Then I decided to play the GBA version and I liked it a lot. I had the most fun fighting the extra bosses, and I can remember Omega took me a few hours to beat, but I was writhing with joy when I finally beat him. Chaos was surprisingly hard in a different way from the extra bosses though, which I liked cause I love an unexpected challenge.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Hey seriously. Try the Theif/Monk/White mage/Black mage. If you have the right strategy it's by far the best team! Or if you want try like what I started today: a White mage challenge. Beat the game with only White mages It's very fun so far

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I started in the same way that Crossblades did, GBA version with Monk/Warrior/Black Mage/White Mage. For the EoFF plays challenge I swapped the Monk for a Thief and didn't enjoy it as much, I don't think.

It's definitely one of the better games in the series. I've always been a fan of job classes, so that systems a plus right from the start. The game itself is enjoyable and something I got into much easier than I expected. Admittedly I was playing the somewhat polished GBA version rather than the original NES game. However as a result of that I got take advantage of better music quality, nicer graphics and the bonus dungeons which - I found - enhanced the gameplay and my enjoyment of the game. Storyline isn't brilliant, but I like it all the same. Not spectacular but does what it says on the tin.

Overall I really enjoyed my first (of two) playthroughs of FFI.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.