Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I nearing the end? *spoilers*

Default Am I nearing the end? *spoilers*

Hey everyone,

I'm playing the PSX version and I just beat the 4 crystals in the Elder's Tree. I was just curious how close to the end I am and what level I should be around by the time I get there (right now everyone's at level 28). Also, what are some of the main classes that I should master by the end?

Thanks!
    Enter At Your Own Risk
    A Pleasant Downfall

I swear to drunk I'm not God!

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Dude you're no where near the end, you're about half way I'd say. Also although it's worth Mastering most of the classes, the one's I'd recommend are Summoner for !Call, Ninja for Dual-Wielding, Ranger for !X-Fight, and the three other mage-types for at least one character each i.e. White Mage, Black Mage and Time Mage. Blue Mage doesn't count, and Red Mage is only advisable if you really want to be able to cast spells twice in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    Dude you're no where near the end, you're about half way I'd say. Also although it's worth Mastering most of the classes, the one's I'd recommend are Summoner for !Call, Ninja for Dual-Wielding, Ranger for !X-Fight, and the three other mage-types for at least one character each i.e. White Mage, Black Mage and Time Mage. Blue Mage doesn't count, and Red Mage is only advisable if you really want to be able to cast spells twice in a row.
    Thanks for the tips. Are there any Blue Magic spells I should learn that I will absolutely use for any boss fights? Faris is my Blue Mage and has learned Aqua Rake along with 4 or 5 others, but the only Blue Magic spell I've ever used is Aqua Rake only a few times. Could I go without worrying about other Blue Magic spells?
    Enter At Your Own Risk
    A Pleasant Downfall

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would recommend using a guide to identify and master Blue Magic. It is very difficult to learn spells from monsters in these types of games without using a guide. The problem with most guides is that they do not tell you where the monsters are found a lot of the time, and I prefer to have my Blue Magic in a step-by-step format because I really can't stand that type of magic!
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never fussed with Blue Magic much in this game. I think it depends upon your playing style or if you feel the urge to "master" the game on whether or not you'll go through the effort of finding the blue magic.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I've never fussed with Blue Magic much in this game. I think it depends upon your playing style or if you feel the urge to "master" the game on whether or not you'll go through the effort of finding the blue magic.
    In my very first playthrough I used Blue Mage, but then after that never bothered to use him again. I just didnt have the patience to learn spells. I prefer a Sorcerer actually

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Death Claw, Level 5 Death, Aeroga, and 1000 Needles are Blue Magic spells that I remember using often.

Okay, I've made a little progress since my last post and right now I'm looking for a place to do some leveling and ABP gathering. I've just found my first lithograph at the Pyramid and obtained 3 weapons, although it wasn't easy. That Pyramid is one tough place to get through without having to use a Cottage every so often.

Does anyone have an idea where I could fight to gain decent ABP and EXP? I was trying around Mirrage Village because it has that pot that completely restores your party, but the enemies around there don't give exceptional EXP.
    Enter At Your Own Risk
    A Pleasant Downfall

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Pandora View Post
    Okay, I've made a little progress since my last post and right now I'm looking for a place to do some leveling and ABP gathering. I've just found my first lithograph at the Pyramid and obtained 3 weapons, although it wasn't easy. That Pyramid is one tough place to get through without having to use a Cottage every so often.

Does anyone have an idea where I could fight to gain decent ABP and EXP? I was trying around Mirrage Village because it has that pot that completely restores your party, but the enemies around there don't give exceptional EXP.
    Jachol Cave. They don't give good exp, but they give out great ABP, especially when you fight the skulleaters

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Pandora View Post

Jachol Cave. They don't give good exp, but they give out great ABP, especially when you fight the skulleaters

Okay cool, which one was Jachol Cave? Where is it located in reference to a nearby town or castle?

Thank you!
    Enter At Your Own Risk
    A Pleasant Downfall

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

Are you still able to enter Bal Castle? You know, the hometown of Galuf and Cara? You might want to consider training on the statues in the basement to obtain suitable experience points and ability points, as you can kill all of the monsters down there with a simple Soft.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Yeah! I recommend Bal Castle, too! I mastered half of my jobs in the basement of Bal Castle. The enemies there drop a lot of gil, too; when I tired of leveling there, I had more gil than I could possibly use.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

It is less risky than leveling in Jachol Cave, too, as the Skull Eater has an extremely powerful attack that can kill a party member instantly at low levels.

Awesome, thanks for the tips guys. I'll see if I can still get into Bal Castle.
    Enter At Your Own Risk
    A Pleasant Downfall

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    It is less risky than leveling in Jachol Cave, too, as the Skull Eater has an extremely powerful attack that can kill a party member instantly at low levels.

But there is also a chance that they can run away from battle. Free ABP for doing nothing

Vaan - "Hey, you!"