Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dislike the "Wii would like to play" commercials.

Blog Entries

Default I dislike the "Wii would like to play" commercials.

Interesting idea at first, but they've gotten to be yucky. Those "Who are you?" commercials presented a much greater message of "Anyone can find their game!" than these "Wii would like to play" commercials.

What do you think of those Video Game Commercials?
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 03-19-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The "Who are you?" commercials really only spoke to people who were already gamers. "Wii would like to play" embodies Nintendo's more recent direction of enticing non-gamers and ultimately expanding the gaming audience.

I did prefer the "Who are you?" ads on their own, but the new campaign is representative of a more positive and progressive movement overall.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think I've only seen one or two, but I'm cool with anything featuring wacky asian guys in small cars.

Blog Entries

I guess you're right. But, in some cases, it seems like the "Wii would like to play" ads are just out of place for games designed with gamers in mind, unlike games such as Wii Sports. But perhaps that's necessary to get the crowd they're looking for, to have each game advertised in that way.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Gotta get them old folks bowling somehow.

Most of the video game commercials in England are for the Wii and DS. They're honestly not that bad. You can definately see Nintendo's intentions for the DS when the commercials are either old people playing Brain Training or girls playing Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. Its like the young male crowd don't exist anymore. The Wii is always a group of people in a VERY white room all playing Wii tennis. All having a grand time as it would seem.

I prefer these to.....

"THE GAMING EVENT OF THE YEAR HAS ARRIVED. WITH SPEEDS THAT YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE. GRAPHICS THAT HAVE TO BE SEEN TO BE BELIEVED. IN STORES NOOOOOOOOOOW!!"

You get the picture.

Given some of the video game commercials *cough*FFTA*cough* I have seen, I have absolutely no problem with the "wii would like to play" ones.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

I've always preferred commercials that have some kind of wit to them, while still at least advertising the game itself and what it has inside. But I suppose showing what's inside, and showing people having fun, is a better direction for advertisement.

Speaking of good commercials, though, Majora's Mask had a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    I've always preferred commercials that have some kind of wit to them, while still at least advertising the game itself and what it has inside. But I suppose showing what's inside, and showing people having fun, is a better direction for advertisement.

Speaking of good commercials, though, Majora's Mask had a great one.
    Never saw it. Find it and link it.

FFVII had some great ones.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I think I've only seen one or two, but I'm cool with anything featuring wacky asian guys in small cars.
    XD

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I miss the old PSP commercials. "Squirrell please!" or "It's like nuts you play outside." They were so bad it was great. I hate the PS3 commercials, especially the ones with the crows.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the little Japanese dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni Legacy View Post
    I miss the old PSP commercials. "Squirrell please!" or "It's like nuts you play outside." They were so bad it was great.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni Legacy View Post
    I miss the old PSP commercials. "Squirrell please!" or "It's like nuts you play outside." They were so bad it was great.

A'yo, you have no idea how much that post made me laugh...
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    girls playing Nintendogs and Animal Crossing.
    That one is one of the worst adverts I have ever seen. Young woman, alone on a bus at night playing Nintendogs and loudly announcing "Do you want your belly rubbed?" like it's perfectly natural. It makes me cringe.