Thread: Level 1-2-3 Challenge!

Default Level 1-2-3 Challenge!

I was wondering about this challenge, what weapons/items do you guys use to deal a lot of damage to in-game bosses when your characters are only level 1-3? I'm curious because I still have trouble with monsters that are around my level which is lv 39 now, but how do I even dare to do the level 112233 challenge!

what is this challenge you speak of?

The 1-2-3 challenge is the no level challenge. It keeps each character at the minimum possible level. Vaan is level 1, Balthier and Fran are level 2, and Ashe, Basch, and Penelo are level 3, thus the 1-2-3 challenge.

As to advice on how to do it, I haven't got a clue. I hate low level runs and speed runs.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

I tried this, but the tunnel is killer. Barheim I think. Evil. Just evil. You can only kill one mimic, so you need to run from everyone else. Use guns for the best damage. I never made it to having anyone with guns except balthier. Look at a Faq. It didn't help me much though. Just evil.

why would you wanna do this?
    i know a lot of people get satisfaction from a epic and dificult battle that their chaaracters werent realy strong enough to win but they do
    i jus prefer being godly powerfull for that part im at and kilklig everyone with ease

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Marky Tee: I imagine just for the challenge. It's certainly something you'd need an awful lot of patience for, but I am quite impressed by people that have the luck, ability and patience to do them (for example, I was following SeeDRankLou's Perfect FFIX game with some interest).

It's certainly a challenge I wouldn't even dare to try. I'd become very frustrated by it very quickly, I imagine.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Did someone complete this challenge? Any tip(s)?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Your best bet will be to use Guns, axes, and samurai swords as they offer the best damage possibilities in the game. Axes do random damage (sometimes 200 sometimes 5000), guns ignore enemy defense, and Katanas have the highest multi-hit factor.

The main problem you may face is the fact that damage is factored by other stats depending on your weapon. Knives and Ninja blades use your speed stat while poles use your magic stat. Other weapons also have to factor in enemy stats. This is why I chose the three above cause the sorta get around these obstacles. You will probably need guns for the beginning until axes become available then I would just stick to them.

I don't know if this challenge is really possible I'm afraid. I don't particulary care for speed and low run challenges, much like Skyblade.

Quote Originally Posted by GOD GUNDAM View Post
    Wolf Kanno,it has been done before! The final boss can be defeated by a lv 1-2-3 team! I think that I read an article a long time that a person worked on the game stated that it was possible...

Did you beat the main storyline yet in the game,Wolf Kanno?

Not only have people completed this challenge, but people have completed this challenge and all the requirements for getting the Order of Ambrosia rank except being at level 50. There are some really crazy people that have even done a 1-2-3 NLG challenge (no liscense grid), and succeded in beating every boss except the Undying (and that might have been accomplished by now). This involves a whole lot (and I mean a whole lot) of mote farming and Dark Matter charging. I am considering a 1-2-3 challenge at some point, but there's no way in hell I'm doing a 1-2-3 NLG challenge.

The basic concept of damage in this challenge is that guns don't base their damage on level, monster defense or strength/magic. The only thing that matters with a gun is its atk power (measures also work this way but are way to weak for use here). The most powerful gun, the Fomalhaut, is not difficult to get 6 copies of. The main problem (not in the least the only problem, just the main problem) with this challenge is getting to the point where you can get some Fomalhauts.

Edit: Most light armor gives additional HP to the character. While heavy armor usually has more defense, at level 1 more defense won't save you with 200 HP (or however much they might have). You can get as much as 1600 more HP from light armor. Add that to the HP you get from liscenses, and you'll have a decent amount of HP.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To SeeDRankLou: I stand corrected.

Wolf Kanno,it has been done before! The final boss can be defeated by a lv 1-2-3 team! I think that I read an article a long time that a person worked on the game stated that it was possible...

Did you beat the main storyline yet in the game,Wolf Kanno?
    I have finished the main storyline, but I haven't really tried one of the fan made challenges. Tbh, I'm still trying to muster enough motivation to finish the Yiazmat Hunt since I've got him down to five life bars. I just can't see any real reason to beat him. Course I'll probably do it in my next playthrough since I want to make a perfect file.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly can't conceive how it's possible to complete the late-game boss fights with such low-level characters. When your team's so weak that even the most rudimentary monster could one-hit your entire party, how do you possibly stand up to the likes of Dr Cid, Gabranth and Vayne?

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I honestly can't conceive how it's possible to complete the late-game boss fights with such low-level characters. When your team's so weak that even the most rudimentary monster could one-hit your entire party, how do you possibly stand up to the likes of Dr Cid, Gabranth and Vayne?
    I think a reason why it is feasible (I haven't attempted the challenge myself) is that several of your key stats essentially depend on your equipment and change little (or not at all) with levelling up. You can see that in effect, even if you don't attempt the challenge, if you try to go for fiends with much higher levels than you. From the moment you get the Dawn Shard, you can get your hands on some pieces of equipment that are among the best of the game. I've gone after every esper available before reaching the second visit to Bur-Omisace with lower levels than I had recommended until now, but because I had made it a priority to get high-end defense equipment (in particular from the reopened Barheim Passage), I did manage with more ease than when I had characters with levels higher by 10 or more 0_o

The only two real issues with not levelling up are low HPs and MPs. But then from the moment you've unlocked the augments licenses you don't really need that many MPs anymore as they recharge quickly, and the HP augments, coupled with Light Armor equipment and Bubble (that you actually can obtain fairly early in the game from the Clan Centurio merchant at the Bazaar if you dilligently follow up on the available Hunts) can give you a pretty substential amount of HP (I guess around 4000 - 5000). In all, not an issue against the story bosses, although fighting Yiazmat or Omega probably require extra-tight strategy and can get pretty ugly....

My only issue with that strategy is that you de facto cannot get the Ashe icon in the Sky Pirate Den (as she's the one marking your passing level 50)

Nice, I have finished FFXII now and I want to begin with the 122333-system, the only problem is: you have to get Firefly, okey, I get that, but that is in the Phon Cast, and when you are there, you must already be above level 1, 2 and 3 ;S!
    I don't get it I guess, could somebody please explain to me what to do?
    Thnx very much already^^!

Blog Entries

You aren't allowed to kill any enemies unless you have a firefly.