Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Core

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica_wohoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Except there's no PSP emulator for the computer that can support commercial games, let alone one that utilises the PSP's technology the most.

She probably means she had custom firmware on her PSP and downloaded it.
    No, I don't. There is a PSP emulator for the computer that supports commercial games, but it's not very easy to get one. Luckily I have friends working with these kind of things
    banned for lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalixir View Post
    Except there's no PSP emulator for the computer that can support commercial games, let alone one that utilises the PSP's technology the most.

No, I don't. There is a PSP emulator for the computer that supports commercial games, but it's not very easy to get one. Luckily I have friends working with these kind of things
    banned for lying.
    No, I'm not lying. Believe what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalixir View Post

banned for lying.
    No, I'm not lying. Believe what you want.
    Actually I just asked a friend who is helping work on a PSP emulator, and he said there are none that support commercial games (and if they do, they will be very low frames per second and/or glitchy).

So unless you can provide any proof, I'll just label you as a liar.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

It's indeed quite low frames per second, but still playable. I will provide you a couple of screenshots as proof tomorrow. It's 3 AM here in Sweden now so I'm off to bed, gn!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

whats up with all these newbies here?

if you were a real FFVII fan you wouldve bought a psp for this.. as i did

Stop lying Jessica-woohoo, just stop.

I pre-ordered my copy but doubt it will come till a few days after the US release. But that doesnt matter, the game was leaked a week ago so I managed to get it working on my PSP.

Ive put in 3 hours into the game already and am not really sure what to say. I havent got my head around the battle system yet. Ive managed to survive just by hammering X. I know theres more to it but I havent delved into that yet. The game is crammed full of FMV's, probably more than any of the Final Fantasy games. There are lots of references to FFVII (they even reference Loveless) but they could of put more effort into recreating some areas from the original game. Wutai just seemed to be a fort, no town to explore.

Other than that the game is brill. Top stuff.

It's indeed quite low frames per second, but still playable. I will provide you a couple of screenshots as proof tomorrow. It's 3 AM here in Sweden now so I'm off to bed, gn!
    ill provide you with a screenshot right now.

watch

the only photo manipulation software i have is MS Paint

check this out

took me 2 minutes
    to open up an acutal psp emulator, screen shot
    then go to youtube, and take a screen from one of the thousands of Crisis Core gameplay videos they have.

Tsk tsk, such a messy desktop. But you are right, it would be easy enough to manipulate an image like that.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Tsk tsk, such a messy desktop. But you are right, it would be easy enough to manipulate an image like that.
    but my wallpaper is awesome.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The release date for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII in North America is March 25, 2008.

I think that it is entirely possible that alternative retailers like Play-Asia have received copies of the finished product and sent them out. It only takes one copy of the game to make an image file to distribute out on closed networks, too, but I can see why there is an air of disbelief surrounding Jessica_wohoo.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    The release date for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII in North America is March 25, 2008.

I think that it is entirely possible that alternative retailers like Play-Asia have received copies of the finished product and sent them out. It only takes one copy of the game to make an image file to distribute out on closed networks, too, but I can see why there is an air of disbelief surrounding Jessica_wohoo.
    the disbelief is from the fact that she says she has a working commercial emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post

No one is claiming it's impossible to download the game before it's official release (hell, I managed to over the weekend). It's the fact that Jessica claims there is a working emulator for PSP on PC systems (for commercial games), which is not true.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Im playing this game at the moment and already got pretty far. I think its pretty good, although I am waiting for the story to pick up the pace, even though im already around half way through the game i reckon.
    Even though SE are really milking FFVII I think its good that they are always trying out new game mechanics, this can only be good for future main FF titles. They may not always work (Dirge of Cerberus etc), but I quite like the fighting in Crisis Core.

Who else has played it so far?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Oh, I was not aware that the Playstation Portable has not been successfully emulated on the PC. Thank you for the clarification.

Jessica_wohoo, please do not post ambiguous information.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Im on Chapter 10 at the moment. Ive just passed the whole Nibleheim scenario (where Sephiroth goes coo coo). They altered the events from Final Fantasy VII a tad but not to the point where Im in outrage or anything. Sephiroth was a piece of cake. Actually, this whole game has been a piece of cake. The only part I got stuck on was (SPOILER)Angeal.

One thing that has pissed me off throughout the entire game is the inability to skip cutscenes. Square really slipped up on this one. Oh, and they included a gunblade which I saw no point in really.