Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Core

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I had a quick play on Crisis Core on my friend's PSP the other day. It was only a quick go of the first level/s or so so which I think are tutorials anyway. Either way, apart from him constantly getting game over on hard (and the FFVII opening music being played a lot as he returned to the main menu) the best part was when you complete a level. Crisis resolved. The first time he said that out loud, I thought my friend was playing U.N.: The Video Game.

I'd have to give the game a proper play to decide whether I liked it or not, but it seems alright from what I've tried.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    I have seen the ending, it features Genesis, so what?
    I think it may hint to another game. Seeing as Genesis (SPOILER)does survive and says some ambiguous stuff to lead into another game.

Which is kind of weird and just so random.
    Genesis's story will definately continue in another game (SPOILER)Him being taken away by Shinra and leaving it unexplained wouldnt be acceptable What im more curious about though is (SPOILER)The two SOLDIER men that took Genesis away, Square obviously didnt want their identities to be reveiled. One of them had white hair which leads me to my theory that it was one of those white haired men that appear in Advent Children (havent seen the movie for some time now, dont remember names).. I have no evidence to back this up but seeing as the Compilation of FFVII hasnt finished I wouldnt be shocked if I am proven right in the future.

And now someone can debunk my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    I have seen the ending, it features Genesis, so what?
    I think it may hint to another game. Seeing as Genesis (SPOILER)does survive and says some ambiguous stuff to lead into another game.

Which is kind of weird and just so random.
    Genesis's story will definately continue in another game (SPOILER)Him being taken away by Shinra and leaving it unexplained wouldnt be acceptable What im more curious about though is (SPOILER)The two SOLDIER men that took Genesis away, Square obviously didnt want their identities to be reveiled. One of them had white hair which leads me to my theory that it was one of those white haired men that appear in Advent Children (havent seen the movie for some time now, dont remember names).. I have no evidence to back this up but seeing as the Compilation of FFVII hasnt finished I wouldnt be shocked if I am proven right in the future.

And now someone can debunk my theory.
    (SPOILER)those two men that took Genesis away were Weiss and Nero(they are listed w/ Voice Actors in the Credits at the end of the game) from Dirge of Cerberus(Weiss has white hair) & where Genesis was took is explained in the FFVII Ultimania, but sadly that wasn't released in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDelta1 View Post
    (SPOILER)those two men that took Genesis away were Weiss and Nero(they are listed w/ Voice Actors in the Credits at the end of the game) from Dirge of Cerberus(Weiss has white hair) & where Genesis was took is explained in the FFVII Ultimania, but sadly that wasn't released in the U.S.

Cheers for clearing that up, I have never played DoC.

Alright, I just finished it. I must say... absolutely brilliant. I would have thought the game would end at the events in Nibelheim, but it had so much more substance than that.

Zack's death was probably one of the most emotional things I have ever experienced in a video game. No doubt about that. At the end, I found myself (SPOILER)trying to fight off the Shinra troops, not because it was part of the game but because I didn't want him to die. I thought it was absolutely brilliant how the Turks were trying to find him so that he'd survive and get to see Aerith -- really shows how awesome Tseng is...

I think Square out-did themselves with this. If only Dirge of Cerberus had as much substance and emotion as this game did.

My theory is that we might possibly get a true-RPG-sequel to FFVII with the return of Genesis and perhaps a bit more explanation of what Angeal went through during Crisis Core. Just a theory though. I'd probably much rather have FFVII remade to flow fluently with Crisis Core and include Cissnei and more mentions about Zack.

Dreddz, if you don't plan on playing Dirge of Cerberus (which I'd suggest just for the story, you'll hate the game play though) you should check out some YouTube videos of the secret ending but you might miss out on the extra stuff you learn about Hojo and Vincent.

By the way, (SPOILER)when they mention Cloud is the only one left with pure S cells, are they just referring to him being a successful Sephiroth clone, or do you think there's more to it?
    Last edited by Rostum; 03-31-2008 at 10:28 PM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Zack's death was probably one of the most emotional things I have ever experienced in a video game. No doubt about that.
    I felt the same way. Even though I knew it was going to happen, it didn't make it any less emotional.
    oh

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

Wow I just finished the game today and I have to say it's one of few games where after I beat it I sit back and think "Wow, what an amzing game." Most of the better final fantasies didn't even give me that feeling, though I'm not sure why.

I thought combat was excellent and although the DMW could be annoying at times (popping up only to fail when you just want to attack the thing or cure) it added a nice touch...my only grief is it repeating "Starting Combat Mode" and "Conflict Resolved" after every battle

and yeah the ending... wow... (SPOILER)All the stuff they filled in with Genesis was a nice touch and yeah my eyes welled up at the end, even though I knew he was going to die, and I had to fight it in order to avoid embarrassing myself in front of my roommate :P And I definetly thought those two were Yazoo and Loz at the end...because they kind of sounded like them and said the whole "brother" deal, though in the credits it shows weiss and nero which I suppose makes more sense

So yeah definetly worth the play, I'd almost say it's worth buying the PSP, but not quite worth that price
    *Insert epic sig here*

I'm guessing this is fairly reliable:

The Final Fantasy VII Citadel

Looks like they are wanting to go out with a bang.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by mose-schrute View Post
    Zack's death was probably one of the most emotional things I have ever experienced in a video game. No doubt about that.
    I felt the same way. Even though I knew it was going to happen, it didn't make it any less emotional.
    The ending was great until (SPOILER)Cloud had to give that girlish shreak which was then followed by some J-pop garbage. At that point I wanted to burn my PSP.

Fortunately I didnt and have been going through the Missions. Some of them are really difficult. I know I complained about the game being too easy but the Missions definately made up for that. Theres also a TON of them, maybe more than I care to complete.

Oh, and who was bothered to beat the 1000 soldiers Mission. Took me 20 minutes of spamming the X button to finish it. Holy heck did that give me a cramp.

Oh, I totally agree with you on that. I wanted to finish all of the missions but eventually I just got fed up and quit and decided I didn't need the best armor in the game (SPOILER)unless I wanted to beat the "secretbossthatisinfactharderthanthelastbossofthegamethatwehaveallseenbeforesohowisthisaspoilerohwel l".
    oh

The ending was great until (SPOILER)Cloud had to give that girlish shreak which was then followed by some J-pop garbage. At that point I wanted to burn my PSP.
    Personally, I disagree. (SPOILER)I think Cloud's scream was extremely effective in portraying his emotions at the time, and the song played definitely suited Zack as a whole. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by mose-schrute View Post
    Oh, I totally agree with you on that. I wanted to finish all of the missions but eventually I just got fed up and quit and decided I didn't need the best armor in the game (SPOILER)unless I wanted to beat the "secretbossthatisinfactharderthanthelastbossofthegamethatwehaveallseenbeforesohowisthisaspoilerohwel l".
    I just enjoy them because they are more of a challenge than the rest of the game. I also greatly underestimated the length it would take to beat them all. Im only 50% done and ive already logged 18 hours into the game. Thats alot considering how little time I spend with games these days.
    (SPOILER)I think Cloud's scream was extremely effective in portraying his emotions at the time, and the song played definitely suited Zack as a whole. But that's just me.
    Cheesy, corny whatever you want to call it was horrible to hear. And I guess its just my dislike of j-pop that I have to disagree with you on that song played.

Cheesy, corny whatever you want to call it was horrible to hear. And I guess its just my dislike of j-pop that I have to disagree with you on that song played.
    Yeah but every Final Fantasy is cheesy/corny, you just take it for what it is. I'm not a fan of j-pop either, but taking into account that it's a japanese game and that it's not as bad as a lot of j-pop I've heard... I thought it suited it fine.

It's funny how Gamers and Otaku differ on J-Pop. Gamers dislike it. Anime fans think it's so much F-ing better than any other kind of music made by any other country... especially American music whose lyrics "are so predictable."
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I love it, got it on wednesday, pre-ordered it from movietyme.com, and have pre-ordered a special edition version with an artbook, off amazon.

Sig created by the Genius that is Polaris