Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Core

Yeah there's a thread for this in the proper forums (i.e. FF7 forums).

Not sure if I should start it, or wait until I receive it on UMD...

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Oh woops. should have thought about the ff7 forums, sorry!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

(I made a thread about this in General Gaming, but realised this is more appropriae)

Im playing this game at the moment and already got pretty far. I think its pretty good, although I am waiting for the story to pick up the pace, even though im already around half way through the game i reckon.
    Even though SE are really milking FFVII I think its good that they are always trying out new game mechanics, this can only be good for future main FF titles. They may not always work (Dirge of Cerberus etc), but I quite like the fighting in Crisis Core.

What do others think of it?

I'm highly interested in this game! Since I'm lowering the amount of games I play, FF VII: CC and Lost Odyssey are the best current games that I am not buying. I'm very interested in them but I'll have to consider my other hobbies and school/work that I have to attend to. Here's some information...

Games bought/played from Fall 07/Spring 08 and ones I will buy/play:
    Eternal Sonata
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
    Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

Games from Fall 07/Spring 2008 I haven't rented yet but want to rent and possibly buy:
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect: Bring Down The Sky
    Lost Odyssey
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess
    Jeanne D'Arc
    Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Front Mission(beaten it on Snes, 9/10 score)

...I wish that I kept up with Final Fantasy XI for the past few years, it may be too late for me to go back to FF XI and work through it and it's first three expansion packs and then buy the newest expansion pack. Anyways, a mmorpg takes hundreds of hours to get to a high level, not sure if this is my style, too much work although the game is great, just like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Wow, no one cares about your life story.

Yeah I got this game in the mail today. I'm up to the bit where you're back at Shinra HQ's after (SPOILER)Angeals home town gets destroyed -- just been doing a few missions here and there.

So far it's pretty cool, but I was hoping there was more to the battle system. Maybe it'll get more interesting once that Materia Fusion menu item becomes available.
    [leeza]Do no double post and do not be rude. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I wope up today, brushed my teeth and then had lunch since it was already 12:30. Then after lunch I went back to my room and checked who was on msn. I talked on msn for a while. Then I went to play some pool in a bar and then I came back and went online again. I stayed online. I then stayed online some more and then surprisingly I stayed online some more.

Here is a list of all the people i know, all the games ive played and all the days in which ive had to go to the bathroom:
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    Just playing with ya
    Anyway, I reckon this thread can be closed as there is already another Crisis Core thread.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had it since yesterday afternoon, so this topic is fail now

FAIL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    Actually, this whole game has been a piece of cake.
    I agree, although I haven't tried Hard Mode yet, so I can't say if it is more challenging.
    Although I think some of the missions were quite difficult when you didn't know what kind of attacks the enemies had.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    One thing that has pissed me off throughout the entire game is the inability to skip cutscenes. Square really slipped up on this one.
    qft

Another thing which really annoyed me was the camera at times, I mean, why am I only sometimes allowed to turn it 360°. It's especially annoying in missions when you try to find all the treasure chests or when you have to (SPOILER)infiltrate the Mako excavation site

The random encounters, if you can even call them that are just silly, imo. You pretty much know when you will engage in a battle so why don't they just make the enemies visible from the beginning ? The only good thing about the CC random encounter system is that it's extremely easy to avoid them if you don't want to fight.

I didn't really like the story apart from the relationship between Aerith and Zack, the Nibelheim incident and the ending (SPOILER)where you fight the hordes of Shinra type enemies (is that even a spoiler ? I mean, pretty much everyone knows that, but oh well (which was awesome, imo)
    Last edited by phbr; 03-26-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phbr View Post
    I didn't really like the story apart from the relationship between Aerith and Zack
    I generally found the whole relationship between Aeris and Zack corny. I also hated spending 20 minutes trying to get materials to build Aeris a flower wagon, what the hell was the point? Although it was cool wandering around Midgar, even if it was laid out differently.

Im currently on the last dungeon. I personally thought (SPOILER)that Sephiroth should of been the last battle instead of Genesis, which I can already tell it'll be. One thing I think worth noting is (SPOILER)When one of the genesis clones pulls out some of Zacks hair and eats it. Definitely the best part of the game so far.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well I finished the game. Best parts were the (SPOILER)Nibelheim incident and the ending (exluding the crappy end-boss, what a bore! And way too easy.)
    The battle system was pretty boring in the end, I kind of liked it in the beginning because I saw potential, which sadly never flowered. I used about 4% of my materia and had like countless elixers and x-potions for the final boss... I thought the cutscenes were mostly amazing. Some dialogue was really good while some was kind of weird and awkward.

I still really liked this game, but only because it was packed with nostalgia, good graphics/cutscenes and a reasonable story, although I didnt give a rats arse about Genesis, Lazaard etc. Angeal was ok I guess. The gameplay itself was pretty boring and monotonous imo.
    I agree with Dreddz that (SPOILER)the last battles should have been at Nibelheim, that was epic, and nothing after that came close to it. Everything after that could have been included in the ending (minus Genesis obviously). I think gameplay should have ended with Zack escaping with Cloud.

Meh, well im glad this compilation is over, it was one of SE's worst good-ideas executed badly.

Also, right after the credits (SPOILER)when you see the intro of FF7 (remade for the second time!), do you think this is just to make people play FF7 or are they hinting at a remake? Or none, in which case it was just to tie the games in accordingly. Im probably risking opening a can of worms here...

I knew i should have played it on hard mode...
    Last edited by Croyles; 03-28-2008 at 03:00 AM.

I cant wait to get this! SEND ME MONEY, or not... I will suffer.
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Meh, well im glad this compilation is over, it was one of SE's worst good-ideas executed badly.
    Someone didn't watch the secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus.

Question: Do you know why Kefka succeeded in destroying the planet?

Answer: Because the planet didn't fight back.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have seen the ending, it features Genesis, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    I have seen the ending, it features Genesis, so what?
    I think it may hint to another game. Seeing as Genesis (SPOILER)does survive and says some ambiguous stuff to lead into another game.

Which is kind of weird and just so random.

I don't know if there will be another game - take a look at this - "However, in the Final Fantasy VII Ultimania as Nomura explained, it now seems more likely that he's appearing to protect the Planet, not take revenge on it, as some players may have originally thought. At the same time, his final lines in Crisis Core explain his return, but in more of a riddle." - Genesis Rhapsodos - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research

DoC is probably the end of the series, with CC being the final release unless they do a remake of FFVII

EDIT: I read more into it and now believe I might be wrong - in the section about Genesis(see the above link) more quotes from the FFVII Ultimania are givin and says that after Genesis is picked up by Weiss and Nero in CC he decides to seal himself in the cave below Midgar instead of joining Deepground and that the seal would only break when the world was in crisis again - so who knows what's gonna happen.
    Last edited by EagleDelta1; 03-30-2008 at 07:57 AM.