Thread: Recommendations

Future Evil Overlord Innocent Dimande's Avatar

Default Recommendations

Well, I'm getting rather bored. I'm stuck in KH2 and FFX; don't feel like starting anything else right now. And all the manga I'm reading right now are either on hiatus, the next volume hasn't come to the U.S. yet, or it's over and done with.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good manga to me? I'm currently reading Loveless, xxxHOLiC, Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle, Petshop of Horrors: Tokyo, Trinity Blood, Death Note, and Godchild. I've read Oh My Goddess!, Ranma 1/2, One Pound Gospel, and Fruits Basket; but in an on-again, off-again way.

If anyone could also recommend some good video games to me, that would be appreciated. I'm considering picking up some of the Castlevania games and Bujingai: the Forsaken City.
    I have not lost my mind! It's...backed up on a disk somewhere...

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well if you're stuck in KHII, there's a very wonderful frontsite section that has quite a bit of information on it. *hint hint*

TRC's 16 came out this week in the US, so don't forget to pick that up. Not sure where 'holic is right now. Rozen Maiden and Chobits are very good ways to go if you have spare time and money.

If you have a Wii, there's Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Mario Galaxy, along with the whole slew of old games for download.

I'd recommend anime, but the only thing I can think of that I've watched and won't send you into a brooding depression is Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. It's a comedy; assuming you actually like anime and do not prefer manga to an obstinate degree.
    Last edited by Tavrobel; 03-23-2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: lol speeling err0r

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Rozen Maiden and Chobits are very good ways to go if you have spare time and money.

Those, and "Tsukuyomi -Moon Phase-", "Someday's Dreamers", "Kare Kano", and "Yotsubato!". They're all good, but get Chobits first.