Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead Fantasy II out at last...

Quote Originally Posted by Kasou View Post
    I love both DFI and DFII, the latter more than the former. I'm not that familiar with DoA, though I know a teeny bit about the series. Very teeny though.
    It's a shame they used X-2 Yuna opposed to X Yuna, but then again - Gunner Yuna has a more flowing design than Summoner Yuna. Plus Yuna just summoning and using white magic would be kinda awkward to do, and would ruin the choreography of the battle. My conclusion: Gunners kick ass
    I also thing X-2 Rikku could of been replaced with X Rikku; except that Rikku's daggers from X-2 have a better design (in my humble opnion) than her claw in X.
    And also I'd of prefered old school Tifa than AC Tifa, but AC Tifa is fine.
    And wtf@ Kairi. But as already mentioned, Rachel was used from Ninja Gaiden or whatever the hell it's called - so I suppose it sorta... justifies things. Kairi's like what... 12, though?! (I've never played KH so I'm a bit unsure on that one).

Rinoa pwned them all
    Kairi is 16 in KH2, and that was KH2 Kairi.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Hard work and guts.

However people make cartoons these days, or however they make FMVs in video games, it's probably similar. He had to create all those things from scratch and put them together and animate them using CG.
    I haven't read anything about the development, but it looks like he's just ripped the meshes from the games, rigged them up (which is freakin' hard work) and animate them (really need to know the principles of animation to even get started, and they are doing some fairly advanced movements, also choreographing the whole thing would be a huge chore; so props to them). Probably made the character and environment meshes in something like Maya or 3DS Max, and then put it all together in an engine such as Unreal3 or something.

Quite well done.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cactuar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasou View Post
    I love both DFI and DFII, the latter more than the former. I'm not that familiar with DoA, though I know a teeny bit about the series. Very teeny though.
    It's a shame they used X-2 Yuna opposed to X Yuna, but then again - Gunner Yuna has a more flowing design than Summoner Yuna. Plus Yuna just summoning and using white magic would be kinda awkward to do, and would ruin the choreography of the battle. My conclusion: Gunners kick ass
    I also thing X-2 Rikku could of been replaced with X Rikku; except that Rikku's daggers from X-2 have a better design (in my humble opnion) than her claw in X.
    And also I'd of prefered old school Tifa than AC Tifa, but AC Tifa is fine.
    And wtf@ Kairi. But as already mentioned, Rachel was used from Ninja Gaiden or whatever the hell it's called - so I suppose it sorta... justifies things. Kairi's like what... 12, though?! (I've never played KH so I'm a bit unsure on that one).

Rinoa pwned them all
    Kairi is 16 in KH2, and that was KH2 Kairi.
    Thanks! I was a few years off
    ★Banner by Polaris★

C'mon C'mon

S/he should do something with original characters.

Quite good. There were a couple minor inconsistencies that got on my nerves a little bit, but that doesn't stop it from being a brilliantly animated and choreographed bit of work. And the geekiness just makes it cooler.

Valor Kairi, the Lunar Cry, and Tifa's incredible spell use were all very well executed. I think we were about to see Rikku spherechange, right before the floating island fell off the waterfall, but she gets hit and it gets cancelled. Pity.

Plus, this vid shows just why the people in FFVIII feared the Sorceress so much.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    S/he should do something with original characters.
    The guy's done a few bits of original work - his 'Road' series sees his real-life buddies fighting each other in amusing, video-game style animations, and there are several other works on his list too. Worth a look, in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Some of the movements ended up being pretty jerky, and I didn't like it when Soul Calibur voices came in out of nowhere, but it's definitely a well done video. The only thing I think I would change would be Yuna's useless backflip off the building. Why not just jump like Tifa did?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I thought that the video was very empowering. I love how the animator took care to show that magic users can be physically and mentally strong.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cactuar View Post
    When Rinoa came I blurted out "A CHALLENGER APPEARS!"
    I got chills when I saw her and the way she entered the battle. Rikku from FFX-2 and AC Tifa (and I guess you COULD include Dr. Aki Ross but i'm trying to stay game oriented here) may be the two best looking FF characters created (imho), but Rinoa is still my favourite.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

No Rydia or Lenna?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That was entertaining
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Omg i've never seen this before and I loved it. Tifa rocks! I know Rinoa is all godly but I still think Tifa is better. I want to see more now.

Man, I was sooo gonna start a thread for this!

This video is so smurfing brilliant! Those skanks from DoA didn't have a chance against the Squeenix gals!

And I LOVE Rikku's twirly, hand-stand dagger move. <333

Freaking brilliant! XD I haven't seen any of Monty's videos since Haloid (I just sort of forgot to check GT again, to be honest), so when I was told about the two Dead Fantasy videos I pulled them up as soon as I could. Absolutely awesome and probably the best kind of ridiculous I've ever seen! So much fun! It really is easy to see just how much his skills have improved, as everything in here is leaps and bounds over much of his other stuff.

On a side note, I'd love him to remake Icarus in the way he originally envisioned, now that his mad skillz have gotten so much... er, madder. :P Maybe he'll find the time for it someday. If not, oh well, I can't wait to see the next parts in DF, and I can't wait to see what he does next!
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

I waited forever for this and was not disappointed! I did not expect it to be that long or awesome. The greatness of Dead Fantasy unzips my jeans and molests me. It has the POWER.

I make grabby hands for more already! Poor guy, I'm greedy.