Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dead Fantasy II out at last...

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Never saw the first one until now but I was really impressed by both of them. Not only at the quality of the work itself but at the dedication and time spent making it. It was really impressive and I'm looking forward to the new ones. Although I've only played a few odd games of Dead or Alive, I still enjoyed it. Loved the use of magic and (SPOILER)Rinoa's Limit Break.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Monty Oum is one fantastical creative dude.

Edit: This is even better than the first one! (SPOILER)I wasn't expecting Kairi at all!
    Last edited by Shiny; 04-05-2008 at 09:37 PM.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The HD version of Dead Fantasy II is available for download at GameTrailers now... A quarter of a gigabyte, but well worth it. The added detail is amazing, especially Rinoa's wings.

Yeah I DL'd like a fiend as soon as I saw them.

Download says it's down on mine.

Why's Rinoa's gunblade have "Vanishing Star" engraved on the blade?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Why's Rinoa's gunblade have "Vanishing Star" engraved on the blade?
    I guess the creator just wanted her to have an original kind of gunblade, not simply something we've seen before like the Revolver. I think her weapon's a little shorter than the typical gunblades, which might be helpful from a choreography point of view since it'd force her to get closer to the enemy.

I did a little browsing around the internets, and reaction to these videos is sometimes rather odd: in any discussion with a surplus of Dead or Alive fans, the comments are the same: apparently, the fight is grossly unfair because the FF women are armed, have greater numbers, and use magic. This means that Monty Oum is 'teh stoopid fanboi' or something... except for the fact that all those criticisms are wrong. The DoA girls use magic, but less of it; they also have equal or greater numbers the whole time, until Kairi arrives. There's exactly one unarmed fighter on each side. They also (apparently) have an 'energy duplicate' character who can teleport and resurrect at will.
    The videos do a pretty great job at reconciling the 'rules' of each universe and gluing them together into a whole new made-up combat environment, creating a shining monument to high-quality fanservice

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to see some old school FF girls bust up in here. Let's replace (SPOILER)Rinoa with Terra. Yes. Esper Terra. Yes yes YES.

Signature by rubah. I think.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's a good idear. More Terra and less Rinoa with wings. For some reason I'd also like to see some more random characters like Samus.