Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rinoa is Ultemicia

why oh why wont square publish them in english?
    this is the greatest injustice in history

Well that was suprising.

I'm sure the reason you get no links is because no one wants to spend the money on a japanese guide just to translate it and prove it wrong. I don't see why since 1999 that people would lie about the guide saying R=/=U though, but then again, I don't see why people still argue this theory, so to each his own.

If you'd like to buy it and see for youself, feel free, then please scan the page talking about sorceresses life spans and post it:
    The human life span explanation is not enough to disprove R=U completely.

Consider:

1) Who really is Ultimecia?
    2) What are her true motives for time compression?
    3) What is the significance and meaning behind Ultimecia’s words (both when she is possessing Edea and when she is herself)?
    4) What is the mystery behind the fact that Ultimecia extracted Griever from Squall’s mind?
    5) Who really is Ellone and what is the explanation for her powers and her significance in the game?
    6) Since Ultimecia has altered the past by interfering with Squall and Rinoa's time, what really would have happened if she had not attempted time compression?
    These unanswered questions are the roots of the R=U theory.

The Ultimecian guide hasn't answered any of these question, either, so it's still incomplete whether R=U is true or false.

R=/=U

This theory has been around for years and I'm pretty sure that every method has been taken to prove it. Why do you think that Squeenix basically told everyone R=/=U? Because they're trying to tell everyone to stop.. yet they never do.
    No, they didn't.

Selina kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    what was?
    That they never said the theory was wrong.

Not making any mention of the idea that R=U in the entire Ultimania amounts to Square saying that it ain't true. That's just common sense.

Angry

The whole notion of being able to exorcise the sorceress power (as Doctor Odine himself says in Disc3) disproves the theory totally, even the longevity debate. If Rinoa realised that she would someday become Ultimecia or not, I'm sure she would eventually exorcise her sorceress powers. And don't say it cannot be done because Edea went to Esthar so Odine could 'remove' her powers, and he said it could be done. How, who knows, as they never elaborate. But the point is it CAN be done, according to the game. There is never anything that says it cannot be done. I think the R=U theory is attractive as it adds a whole new dimension to the villain, but I think it is far more plausible that Ultimecia is in fact a descendant of Squall and Rinoa and therefore possesses the ring, Griever. On the other hand, that may not even be the case, she could have simply extracted the unknown GF from Squall's ring in battle, whether he is in the party or not. The game probably just takes the story from the assumption that he or Rinoa would be in the battle.
    Rinoa is not Ultimecia. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by White Queen View Post
    Location: An abandoned citadel in the mountains #114 (permalink)

The whole notion of being able to exorcise the sorceress power (as Doctor Odine himself says in Disc3) disproves the theory totally, even the longevity debate. If Rinoa realised that she would someday become Ultimecia or not, I'm sure she would eventually exorcise her sorceress powers.
    Thats just speculations, you cant say something like that and claim its proof.

Rinoa is Ultimecia because Adel's penis is four inches thick and two inches off the ground.

finaly some concrete proof

Look at Ultimecia's hair color guys. It's obvious she is Fujin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut View Post
    Not making any mention of the idea that R=U in the entire Ultimania amounts to Square saying that it ain't true. That's just common sense.
    Still not convinced when I read the guide last time. If they have definitely nailed R=U, there will be much less FF8 theories now.

Honestly, if it wasn't common sense, we all WOULD have known who actually started the idea of R=U.
    Last edited by Serapy; 07-20-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut View Post
    Still not convinced when I read the guide last time. If they have definitely nailed R=U, there will be much less FF8 theories now.

Honestly, if it wasn't common sense, we all WOULD have known who actually started the idea of R=U.
    I personally like to think that Square themselves did it, just to give us something to talk about.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For