Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rinoa is Ultemicia

Default Rinoa is Ultemicia

theres too much proof....especially the freakin ending cutscene....and ummm....yeah just...just lettin ya all know....thats a fact
    The lance strikes when it sees fit
    Cutting the bonds of the ones we love
    In time all shall dissapear
    Leaving mass disillusion and despair
    Some will find comfort in faith
    Struck by unbeheld horrors
    Somewhat the vision of a wraith
    We all lose the ones we love,the ones we didnt, and the ones we never got the chance to love
    But if it wasnt for this lance, striking down its prey
    The most beautiful emotion of all would be forever hidden
    Sorrow...

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

for the love of god, plz go and play with serapy/Future esthar.. and dont make a thread like this.. again!!..

Im getting so bored of R=U=Z=S=big black guy

My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

what he/she said..

whycome people keep sayin that even though its been dismissed by the developers?
    sure it sounds true and is actualy more interesting than the real storyline
    but facts is facts

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Indeed... Square say that sorceresses have normal human lifespans; this is canonical info from the Ultimania guidebook. Ultimecia lives "many generations" in the future, to quote the game, so unless she's using Secret Longevity Magic or somesuch, there's no realistic way for the two to be the same person.
    The game definitely plays with the risk of Rinoa 'turning evil' like some sorceresses before her; she's afraid of becoming "the world's enemy" like Ultimecia. She also knows that Ultimecia will one day inherit her powers, several generations along down the line. In that way, Rinoa and Ultimecia are 'the same' as each other, though they're not actually the same person.

You don't even need the Ultimania guide to prove that Rinoa is not Ultimecia.

Ok, if it were true, Rinoa likely wouldn't know if she was Ultimecia, but Ultimecia would definately know she is Rinoa. Ultimecia tries to kill Rinoa at the end of disc 1. If Ultimecia is Rinoa, killing herself in the past would negate her existence in the future and her whole plan for time compression and consuming all of the pieces of the Great Hyne would be shot. If Ultimecia were Rinoa, she wouldn't try to kill herself. End of story.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I think that the game could have taken an interesting plot twist if the story developers and writers had taken it that way, but, alas, they did not, and several facts from the Ultimania disprove any notion of Rinoa and Ultimecia being the same person.

Ultimecia has very little backstory. I wonder if clarifying and elaborating on her, as a character, would slowly eliminate this theory?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeeDRankLou View Post

Ok, if it were true, Rinoa likely wouldn't know if she was Ultimecia, but Ultimecia would definately know she is Rinoa. Ultimecia tries to kill Rinoa at the end of disc 1. If Ultimecia is Rinoa, killing herself in the past would negate her existence in the future and her whole plan for time compression and consuming all of the pieces of the Great Hyne would be shot. If Ultimecia were Rinoa, she wouldn't try to kill herself. End of story.
    I swear, you are my hero for disproving this. I am going to quote this every single time I see a new R=U thread come up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Nah, this is true sh*t, a friend of my cousin told me about it...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by LanceOfTime View Post
    theres too much proof....especially the freakin ending cutscene....and ummm....yeah just...just lettin ya all know....thats a fact
    You aren't trolling us, are you D:

Unfortunately, the "she wouldn't kill herself" thing has been presented before, and is generally discounted by an "Ultimecia would do anything 'cause she's completely nuts". Logic doesn't usually come into these threads, which is why I simply directed him to the "read before posting" thread.

Aerith's Knight: I'm a "he".
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

There's something about evidence you need to know.

If the counter-evidence over-weighs the evidence by a million then the evidence really doesn't matter.

Unfortunately, the "she wouldn't kill herself" thing has been presented before, and is generally discounted by an "Ultimecia would do anything 'cause she's completely nuts". Logic doesn't usually come into these threads, which is why I simply directed him to the "read before posting" thread.

Aerith's Knight: I'm a "he".
    I say, if Ultimecia was sane enough to feel a threat to her own existance then she's sane enough to know not to kill herself.

It's not like with Sephiroth, X-Death, Zeromus or Kefka where they all want to destroy the world knowing they're going with it. Granted it could be argued that Sephiroth and Kefka were under the delusions that even if the planets were destroyed they would live because they acheived god status by the point of the planets destruction (Personally, I think they'd destroy the world wether or not they gained immortal power because they -are- insane), but either way, Ultimecia wanted to compress time, not blow up the world and destroy her own existance. Her whole deal is to stop her own death via SeeD, not to do world takeover.

Her goals were for self-preservation not worldly destruction. (And yeah, you can get the whole "OMG TIME COMPRESSION WOULD DESTROY THE WORLD IN TIME" but I'm talking about the kind of world destruction where she -PURPOSELY- makes it so the ENTIRE planet CEASES to exist without taking TIME or her life into consideration.)

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I imagine that the compression of past, present, and future would screw around with causality so much that negating one's own existence in such a manner would not be possible and thus not a concern.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post

I imagine that the compression of past, present, and future would screw around with causality so much that negating one's own existence in such a manner would not be possible and thus not a concern.
    Yeah, we don't actually know for sure how temporal mechanics work in FFVIII's world - just as we don't know how they work in our world. It's entirely possible that Ultimecia's free to change the past as much as she likes, without risking her own existence.