View Poll Results: Do you like Mario RPGs?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, I love them Mario RPGs! Who'd've thought it'd be so cool?

18 66.67%
  • Well, I like the some of them. It depends on the series they're in.

1 3.70%
  • I like some of them. It's not really about their series.

1 3.70%
  • I only like one or two.

1 3.70%
  • I played some, and I don't like them. Blech!

0 0%
  • Never played them. Drop the details.

1 3.70%
  • Loony BoB is a fruit.

5 18.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I like Mario RPGs.

I just like Mario in general :P, The RPG was quite good. I didn't think that when I heard about it though, goes to show how impressions can be wrong sometimes.

Has anyone played Super Paper Mario for the Wii? I wanna know if it's worth getting.
    I'll figure it out later...

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Like ten minutes is enough to form an opinion on an RPG.
    I never gave an opinion, and I dont think I'd have a terribly valid one if I did. 10 minutes is enough to know whether you want to continue playing a game. I made my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by MsTiffie View Post
    I just like Mario in general :P, The RPG was quite good. I didn't think that when I heard about it though, goes to show how impressions can be wrong sometimes.

Has anyone played Super Paper Mario for the Wii? I wanna know if it's worth getting.
    Super Paper Mario was an incredible disappointment. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door is better in every way (unless you prefer SPM's head stompy, non turn based combat). If you're getting a Paper Mario game, get Thousand Year Door, and forget SPM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

I implore you to give it at least 10 more minutes, to form 20 minutes. Maybe then it would catch you.

Comparing Super Paper Mario to the other Paper Mario games is like comparing Super Mario Bros. 3 to Final Fantasy III. They're meant to be completely different things.

I really want Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Really, really badly. I've been reading a lot about it lately, and it seriously does just sound perfect for me. It seems like this ridiculous FUN explosion, and unlike most RPGs the experience sounds varied and it sounds like most of your character customization options are actually impactful in some way.

I should be ordering it soon. I can't find it in any brick-and-mortar stores, so I'll have to snatch it online!
    Last edited by Alucard von Elru; 03-29-2008 at 06:34 AM.
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Blog Entries

Even though that's how I'd normally describe Paper Mario 2, don't get your hopes too high. o_o

i think some of the simplest games are the most enjoyable super mario was a great game and all the others!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Even though that's how I'd normally describe Paper Mario 2, don't get your hopes too high. o_o
    I wouldn't worry too much. I'm generally pretty good at getting games I like, so it's rare that I become disappointed (as I research games heavily before actually making the purchase). Generally the only time I get disappointed is if the game is BRAND NEW and I pick it up without doing my usually extensive research (in other words, if I buy a game right when it comes out). Naturally, some games still let me down from time to time, but in general I end up at least liking 95% of what I buy. :P
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

I Love (yes, with a capital L) Paper Mario. I've never played the second one and I don't really want to, just to preserve the awesomeness of that game.

I've only played Paper Mario and Paper Mario 2, but they're both awesome. I love those games for their humor and innovative ideas. Like Roto, I was surprised how much Paper Mario 2 improved every bit of its prequel I'm not that much interested in Super Paper Mario, but I'll probably get it when I can find it cheap.

I still have to play Super Mario RPG though. I don't want to play in on an emulator, so I have to get the game, an import adapter or a US SNES...

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Guru View Post
    I Love (yes, with a capital L) Paper Mario. I've never played the second one and I don't really want to, just to preserve the awesomeness of that game.
    Oh, why preserve the awesomeness of one game when you can replace it with a game that's so much better?

The original Super Mario RPG is one of the best SNES games out there. I still pop it in my SNES once in awhile and start a new game.

And yes this is needed on this topic to the highest extent: YouTube - Super Mario RPG - Forest Maze Song Rawest

I like this more.