Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Default Kate Bush

Truly, surely there must be fans of her here. I've only recently started actually listening to her. I mean, I'd heard her before, but it only dawned on me recently that she's an absolutely beautiful singer, poet, dancer, artist, etc.

So: Discuss her work. Personally, out of the albums I've heard, I'm pretty partial to Never for Ever and The Kick Inside. Although, then I feel bad, because the Dreaming and The Hounds of Love are masterpieces.

My favourite songs atm are Breathing, The Infant Kiss, Feel It, and Night of the Swallow.

While she is very good at what she does i cant stand her voice or her dancing. She is very talented though.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't listened past hello earth, but it was kinda ethereal creepy. Maybe I will now.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

who?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

*sigh* Some of these replies make me sad

Kate Bush is pretty excellent, I got Hounds of Love and Aerial recently and both are very good albums, she can even make reciting Pi in a song sound good! Definitely one of the best female artists the UK has produced, like all good singers she has one of those immediately distinctive voices. I may have to try and listen to more of her albums soon.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Kate is excellent. Her voice is great, but it's her creativity that stands out for me. Now, all female singers seem to have an acoustic guitar, a decent voice, but very little in the way of imagination. Kate pushes boundaries.

My favourite album is Hounds of Love. Cloudbursting is probably my favourite song. It sounds so happy! (Er, even if it isn't.) I could never really get into The Dreaming. I read a while back that there are two types of Kate Bush fans: those whose favourite album is Hounds of Love, and those whose favourite is the Dreaming. Saying that, The Kick Inside is good, and I really like the second disc of Aerial.

Kate Bush is freaking brilliant and genius. She's one of my absolute favourite artists of all time, and will continue to be for the rest of my life.

I have all of her CDs, and I'd have to say that my favourite probably is "Aerial". God, I love that album. Can't wait for her to release something new - I hope it won't be 12 years again!

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Too kooky for my liking
    ...Geddit?

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rubah Lapah View Post
    I haven't listened past hello earth, but it was kinda ethereal creepy. Maybe I will now.
    I really recommend you do. I loved Hounds of Love, especially the story behind the second half. You'll never know the ending lest you listen!

Quote Originally Posted by Burtsplurt View Post
    My favourite album is Hounds of Love. Cloudbursting is probably my favourite song. It sounds so happy! (Er, even if it isn't.) I could never really get into The Dreaming. I read a while back that there are two types of Kate Bush fans: those whose favourite album is Hounds of Love, and those whose favourite is the Dreaming. Saying that, The Kick Inside is good, and I really like the second disc of Aerial.
    Cloudbusting*. I really like that song a lot, too, except I prefer Jig of Life and Hounds of Love from that CD. Waking the Witch is amazing and like nothing else in the music world.

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    Kate Bush is freaking brilliant and genius. She's one of my absolute favourite artists of all time, and will continue to be for the rest of my life.

I have all of her CDs, and I'd have to say that my favourite probably is "Aerial". God, I love that album. Can't wait for her to release something new - I hope it won't be 12 years again!
    I haven't heard Aerial yet, but I've yet to hear anyone bad mouth it. I really hope she doesn't take that long either, or maybe even decides to tour for a second time *fingers crossed*.

I've just downloaded the Sensual World, and I've got to say that I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The subject matter is very cohesive throughout, and very mature. She's even predicted the future with Deeper Understanding :P

Also, This Woman's Work is quite possibly the most beautiful song ever written. Ever. Period. Every time I listen to it, it stirs up a plethora of emotions and memories.

I've never been enough of a fan to buy any of her albums but songs like ''Running up that Hill '' and ''Cloudbursting'' are some of my all time favourite songs!I really respect her as an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    I've never been enough of a fan to buy any of her albums but songs like ''Running up that Hill '' and ''Cloudbursting'' are some of my all time favourite songs!I really respect her as an artist.
    If you like those you should obviously buy "Hounds of Love", but "Aerial" is actually also a good album for newcomers since it sort of appeals more to a wider audience than her previous albums tend to do. You could also just start chronologically, though, with "The Kick Inside".

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dont listen to mediocre singers.. xD

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I really like Kate Bush. I couldn't call myself a proper fan as I don't know enough of her work, but I adore the songs Running up That Hill and Baboushka.

Breine, after seeing what you posted in the thread about what awesome artists you like recently (can't remember exact name), I had a feeling you'd be a Kate Bush fan..! Okay, I'll stop being weird now. Sorry xD

edit: Aw dammit, I've got to go and listen to Baboushka now. You've put it in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    Breine, after seeing what you posted in the thread about what awesome artists you like recently (can't remember exact name), I had a feeling you'd be a Kate Bush fan..! Okay, I'll stop being weird now. Sorry xD
    Hehe, that's very insightful of you xD

BibliophileExtraordinaire Manny's Avatar

I wanted to kill myself the first time I heard her voice. I actually lol'd and it made me wonder what in God's name it meant when a society allows someone with a voice like hers to put out an album, much less exist. BUT. I've totally changed my mind since then. I love the song Wuthering Heights. I also love Running Up That Hill. I have to say that I like the Placebo version of that song the absolute best, but that doesn't make her version and less awesome.

可愛い ♥