Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy II!

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

needs less spoilers around here

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    what do you mean painful!!??
    My experience with FFI Origins was you had to play through the game twice to unlock everything easy mode and normal mode. Normal mode featured less spells, weaker Black mages, etc... I found it a pain to replay the game in normal mode, especially after easy mode, just to get that last piece of concept art.

I'm wondering if you have to do the same in FFII Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Also did you find your goblin princes?
    Looks like I'm missing Mantis King (#88 in the Bestiary), Goblin Prince (#98), and Iron Giant (#124). You said the GPs were around Kas'ion?
    Last edited by BG-57; 04-25-2008 at 02:18 PM.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Yeah, the Goblin Princes are in and around Kashuan Keep. I found a lot of those fools, actually.

So, as Fynn faces certain doom from an approaching Cyclone, I sit and stare at it because I don't know what I'm supposed to do next! I assumed it had something to do with flying so I went to Deist and had a pointless conversation with the last surviving inhabitants. Nothing. Went into the depths of Deist Cavern to where the egg was. Nothing. Tried to find Cid but I don't know where he is. What do I do now? Help, guys.

Contributions

Did you run into them before going up the Mysidian Tower? Because afterwards the whole random encounters on the world map change.

Here's what you have to do:

(SPOILER)Go to the left upper room in Fynn castle, third floor or so. Go up to the large mirror and select to use the Pendant. You could do this before and see just an egg appear. It will hatch this time. You can use the dragon to enter the cyclone.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've hit a major problem: with my backed up PSP version, the game locks up when you meet Leon. I need to find a solution, or else I'll be forced to buy a copy of the game. Since it's €40-50, I'm not looking forward to it.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    I've hit a major problem: with my backed up PSP version, the game locks up when you meet Leon. I need to find a solution, or else I'll be forced to buy a copy of the game. Since it's €40-50, I'm not looking forward to it.
    I could try getting past that point using my version of the game. Send me your save files through email or something and I'll see what I can do.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maxx I love you.

Edit: download my savefiles here.
    For some reason it doesn't seem to work via direct link, so if you have problems downloading it try to copy and paste the link into a browser. Only, please take screenshots of the dialogue, so I don't miss it. Who would like to miss the great showdown?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    Maxx I love you.
    You better love me a lot more after this.

In related news, I'm afraid to say that I won't be able to complete my challenge. I didn't have the foresight to level-up Guy for the Arena. To be fair I would have had to grind him A LOT in order to get to the end given that his evasion stat is 5% and he takes about 300 damage per enemy per turn. To survive an average encounter I'd need about 9000+ HP provided I didn't stop to heal. So I'm afraid I'm out of this game playthrough, which is very frustrating for me personally. But then again it's taken a long time for me to get even this far, and I don't know if I would have gotten through the whole of April. I may however put up some of the content from the PSP version in terms of the optional dungeons that I notice no one has mentioned yet.
    Last edited by Captain Maxx Power; 04-26-2008 at 02:03 PM.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll love you the most if I fiind out that you unequipped Ricard before letting him blast himself into oblivion. Thanks, Maxx! You're great as usual and thanks to you I can finish this challenge without having to spend a lot of money or fighting with PSP discussion boards, most of which are so messed up I cannot even make my way in them.

Yep, I didn't touch the bonus dungeons yet so please add stuff from them ;-), because I don't think I'll be in time. But if you just abandoned the challenge from now on and started using all the characters, whould you have a chance to finish the game? I think you showed the limits of FF II to humankind, and you deserve a recognizement for this even if you should not finish the game in time.

Tower of Doom completed:

I must be overtrained to the max cause the bosses weren't that hard.

Yes, Ultima, now I can own everything. Oh wait it's on level 1 nevermind. Absolutely crap and pointless leveling system in this game.

Oh well, here's my team:

Contributions

If it's any consolation Captain Maxx, I won't meet my goal either, mainly because it looks like I have to play through the game twice, and I don't have enough time left.

Sergeant Hartman, you are plenty overleveled. Your stats are higher than mine was in the final dungeon.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maxx, can you send me a non-compressed shot of the returned Emperor speaking? I want to make a forum avatar out of it.

My spells are all around 5/6/7, and I can finish the game like that. Why the hell do they need to go up to level 16?

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I now have Loins. Thanks, BG-57.

Contributions

Anytime.