Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    I see a horribly painful pattern emerging here. Dammit, why couldn't it have just been a Frionel-only challenge?
    You have a much higher gaming pain tolerance than I have. I salute you!
    Figaro Castle

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    You have a much higher gaming pain tolerance than I have. I salute you!
    Thanks. I'm currently grinding Guy in order to make the trek over to Mystidia to pick up spells such as Holy (which is stronger than the basic elemental spells and doesn't lower Vitality due to being a White Magic spell) and Swap (essential for decent levelling). If my calculations are correct I'll need four of each spell; one for Guy, one for Gordon, one for Leila and one for Richard. Since as soon as I get the characters I need to start using them I need them to learn the spells ASAP. I'm dreading doing Leviathan since I can't remember if there's an Inn there which will make levelling Richard impossible and thusly I'll have to rely on item-based spells.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rubah Lapah View Post
    Does TPW stand for anything?

I'm kinda excited that you took on this challenge! I hope you can finish it
    Check out the first screenshot, and notice what the columns spell out.
    I don't get it.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

FF Tactics, NES, and Captain Maxx Power For the Win

FF Tactics, NES, and Captain Maxx Power For the Win
    Close, the T is meant to be for 2 because their wasn't the figure 2 available for input in character name selection.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

that makes a little more sense xD

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

After the Hill Gigas fight I realised my strength, magic and hp suck.

I've done some epic training with Leila on my team, got a few spells up to level 5.

I've been to Deist and done a few things. Went back to Altair to heal up to brave the caverns again.

I am going to have to do some serious levelling to get even close to Mystidia. With no armour and little evasion I'm taking well in excess of 500 damage per hit per monster each round of battle (somewhere close to 1000 points of damage per turn). I'm going to need to uberlevel my HP and my Fire spell so I can dispatch them appropriately. Expect me to take some time...

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do you know that if you have maria in the back row and she has not gained hp since the beginning of the game, and you buy her fire and she casts it on herself, she will die? And then when Minh revives her the next round, she will cast it on herself again and die again. And then when minh revives her the next round, she will cast it on herself again and die again ad infinitum.

I'll post my screenshot of beginningness after a while(I forgot to make it of the character naming screen so I just got one of base stat window xD)

[edit- I did some equipment optimization. My party was set up like this: Frioniel- dual shields, handful of armor, Maria- bow no armor, Guy- axe+sword, the rest of the armor, Minh- cane, no armor.
    I realized that guy's evasion was pathetic, thus he was the only one frioniel could hurt. I also realized that he had such pathetic evastion because of all the armors on him. Once i took those all off it was much higher xD I gave minh's copper armor (formerly on guy) to maria since it has a +5 mdef (see fire incident above) and she's not going to be evading any attacks in the back row anyways. I gave frioniel the sword and one of his shields, you can't live off of dual shields forever (but it is level 3 now I think xD) and Guy got the hat left, trading 2% evasion for 1 def point. I'm not sure if I like that deal or not, selling armors is a lot more lucrative (I'm kinda bitter because I had to pay 146 out of my 147 gold at the inn because minh ran out of mp xD)

Does anyone else notice a tendancy for the 4th and 3rd place characters to be hit much more often?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wooops, the world's in trouble!

One of these days I'm gonna kick him in the teeth.

Josef's definitely got the ugliest sprite ever.

The Star Wars party vs. Umaro's granmas and granddads.

I've got no witty comments for this scene. Just a blank stare. @_@

I once had a boss at work who kind of looked like that.

The Kashuan Keep is a b*tch. I had to restart twice, but in the end...

...I got to fight a tribal mask-type thingie?!

The Sunfire's finally mine!

Uh-oh! Looks like Cid's in trouble! I don't know why, but I'm under the impression we are the ones who will have to help him...

Damsels-in-distress cannot do anything they plan right... it's a law of nature, kind of like Murphy's law.

After a lot of effort and reloading multiple times, I finally got the best of the Dreadnought! I was pretty desperate because at a certain point I found myself out of MP, of healing items, of tomes, of attack items and with two of my members Poisoned and Blind. And I couldn't Teleport myself out to heal! A nightmare. I found the right path in the dungeon just in the nick of time out of sheer luck and a lot of tries.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I keep forgetting to take pictures of my progress. I found the Mithril and purchased Mithril weapons and armour for everyone, the Dreadnaught is complete and now I'm on my way to see Hilda back at Altair. I guess this is where I will end up losing Mindu. I'm liking it so far.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Do you know that if you have maria in the back row and she has not gained hp since the beginning of the game, and you buy her fire and she casts it on herself, she will die? And then when Minh revives her the next round, she will cast it on herself again and die again. And then when minh revives her the next round, she will cast it on herself again and die again ad infinitum.
    Just have Minwu revive her and leave her at that. If she was at full HP when the battle started and she is revived from dead, the game will count that as her losing almost all of her HP and more likely as not give you a HP increase. You don't need to whittle your characters down to single digit HP every time you want an increase, just a fair percentage (I tend to find anything below a 50% drop will almost guarantee an increase).

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Deist Cavern was quite challenging, but I managed to get through it. Was not expecting this however:

I ran into a few of these double Hill Gigas' fights and they would just wear me down, I had to warp out after a while.

Beat the boss(es) down there, which was again quite hard. Went back to Altair for an erotic scene with Hilda and Jude and then, bang! lol wut.

Hilda is gone again, what the hell is going on? Gordon is back now and here is my team:

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just have Minwu revive her and leave her at that. If she was at full HP when the battle started and she is revived from dead, the game will count that as her losing almost all of her HP and more likely as not give you a HP increase. You don't need to whittle your characters down to single digit HP every time you want an increase, just a fair percentage (I tend to find anything below a 50% drop will almost guarantee an increase).
    I didn't tell her to cast it but once, the first time before I knew she did 20dmg with fire xD That was the problem xD The game thought she hadn't cast it yet and had her finish the command over and over xD It was a huge waste of mp.

Leeza, make sure you de-equip minh before you go talk to hilda or whatever! that way you don't lose your equipment forever xD

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Too late. I forgot to do that. I also forgot to unequip Joseph. But I've got more than enough gil to buy new stuff. I just finished with the Ice Cave and now have the Golden Bell.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles